CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

D

Deleted member 11852

Cyberpunk 2077 got it's first trailer reveal during Microsoft's E3 2018 conference, unfortunately not gameplay or release date was shared.

Better than nothing. :yep2:

Cyberpunk 2077 Teaser Trailer from 2013

Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Their engine looks completely new for this, or significantly altered from W3. Looks great but we don't really know much of anything about the game, I wanted to see some gameplay :(

1aN3D64.png

Thought that Cyberpunk 2077 would be darker. If only the trailer is considered that could be called Watch Dogs 2077.

Open world with a day/night cycle like all their games. So they have to show stuff in the daylight as well.

Also, what better way to show darker themes in game than by showing "normal" scenes as well? If everything has a dark dystopian theme, then it loses it's impact. But if, for example, you contrast the normal everyday lives of people in the world in the day with the dark dystopian world of hackers at night, the contrast can make the dystopian world even darker.

Regards,
SB

So who has got free Witcher 3 key from that trailer? People are clever and grabbed them quickly!

I on my own found hidden website IP in the trailer, but was too slow cracking login password (reg. of the car) as it took me 20 minutes. I love these hidden gems, gives me high hopes about the game itself!

According to CDPRed devs at E3, C2077 will not be out before 2020. This could easily launch on nextgen consoles first. It looks very pretty.

They should try to do the same as Rockstar did with GTA V, release it for current gen and then again for nextgen, so people will double dip.

They should try to do the same as Rockstar did with GTA V, release it for current gen and then again for nextgen, so people will double dip.

That's not how CDPR works. :) They don't believe in microtransactions, for example. Making people pay twice for their game is also something they detest, along with DRM of any kind.

Hell, the equivalent of a remaster for CDPR has always been free. IE - what From Software did with the Dark Souls remaster on PC is less than what CDPR did with engine updates for The Witcher and The Witcher 2 on PC (called enhanced editions), both were given free to existing owners of the games.

Regards,
SB

There is a whole bunch of new info in first post of resetera thread, the biggie being this seems primarily a first person game, which really appeals to be.

I prefer first person over third person but most games which I am playing are third person games.

Open world with a day/night cycle like all their games. So they have to show stuff in the daylight as well.

Also, what better way to show darker themes in game than by showing "normal" scenes as well? If everything has a dark dystopian theme, then it loses it's impact. But if, for example, you contrast the normal everyday lives of people in the world in the day with the dark dystopian world of hackers at night, the contrast can make the dystopian world even darker.

Regards,
SB

It is not only the time of day, but also the mood.
I would not say that it would have a weaker impact. Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 belong to my favorite movies and they are only dark. Even the shrill characters look different and disillusioned.

I'm coming around more on this trailer. i like the music and it's actually pretty good. Certainly it seems like something special.

That said my sentiments that I wanted more Blade Runner have been echoed on Resetera, so I'm glad I wasn't alone.

So, looks cool, and very different, but hope it's not too much like "GTA in the future".

But it's FPS, really not sure how to process that or if I'm supposed to care. All I know is a lot of people are upset. I guess everything is going to TPS nowadays? From that perspective alone maybe an odd choice. CDPR needs to go very mainstream because with a project of this scope and therefore expense they have to sell insane quantities. Ive heard it said that TPS is needed because of twitch, evidently people do not like to watch FPS as much on twitch. For me personally it might be more of a positive.

That Linnemann tweet is the real deal and gets me super hyped. However when is this coming, 2020? It can be as cool as it wants, but it better not let the moment pass it by. It better not keep being pushed back interminably.

So I guess it's safe to say that the game will release well into the launch period of next gen consoles given there's no immediate launch window. It's pretty clear it would be a cross gen title so might as well get the full royal treatment on PS5 or X2 at 4k max settings. Also let's hope the game doesn't suffer a visual downgrade like the Witcher 3 debacle.

I'm coming around more on this trailer. i like the music and it's actually pretty good. Certainly it seems like something special.

That said my sentiments that I wanted more Blade Runner have been echoed on Resetera, so I'm glad I wasn't alone.

So, looks cool, and very different, but hope it's not too much like "GTA in the future".

But it's FPS, really not sure how to process that or if I'm supposed to care. All I know is a lot of people are upset. I guess everything is going to TPS nowadays? From that perspective alone maybe an odd choice. CDPR needs to go very mainstream because with a project of this scope and therefore expense they have to sell insane quantities. Ive heard it said that TPS is needed because of twitch, evidently people do not like to watch FPS as much on twitch. For me personally it might be more of a positive.

That Linnemann tweet is the real deal and gets me super hyped. However when is this coming, 2020? It can be as cool as it wants, but it better not let the moment pass it by. It better not keep being pushed back interminably.

Do twitch streamers actually contribute to sales in a meaningful way? (Nintendo doesn't think so) I know quite a few people who watch gaming streams eagerly. They do not buy jack shit, though. A colleague actually spent more hours watching Dark Souls than I did playing it. And I played it for 150+ hours.

Besides, aren't the biggest sellers every goddamned year usually fps games? I mean the "failure" that was Infinite Warfare still sold 11 million copies or something like that.

I also don't really buy the whole gaming needs to be dumbed down in order to find an audience narrative. Most of the big games find an audience because they are known brands which look really pretty and/or are marketed like crazy. But when a crazy deep game like Kingdom Come Deliverace can still sell 2 million or more units despite the fact that the entirety of the Western press decided to collectively shit on it and its creator because he insisted on making his history simulator somewhat historically acurate, how many copies of a complex game could an everbody's-darling developer like CDP shift? Then there's of course the Souls games and Nioh. Heck, even the me-toos of the genre like The Surge seem to be doing well enough to warrant sequels.

Or look at Death Stranding. Not a particularly mainstream looking title I'd say.

Last edited:
Back