The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should create thread that is focused visual differences between realtime and cutscene visuals [in games that don't use FMV].

Usually gore doesn't affect me in games as it does in film, but this is the closest thing to realism I've seen in a game. In other words, it looks incredible.

I'm not sure how they compare on a tech level. But I think this looks better than Uncharted simply due to the art direction of both series. I've always found Uncharted to look a bit cartoony, with more vibrant colors; while TLoU uses more muted colors and looks more realistic. Animations look more natural/better to me, too.

Usually gore doesn't affect me in games as it does in film, but this is the closest thing to realism I've seen in a game. In other words, it looks incredible.

I'm not sure how they compare on a tech level. But I think this looks better than Uncharted simply due to the art direction of both series. I've always found Uncharted to look a bit cartoony, with more vibrant colors; while TLoU uses more muted colors and looks more realistic. Animations look more natural/better to me, too.
You can actually spot improvements. Foliage is more detailed. Lighting is also improved and is impressively consistent in all situations in the demo. Character details dont "break" due to inconsistent lighting conditions. There is a level of incredible precision in the ambiance and highlight of subtle details that in Uncharted wasnt there in the same extend.

edit: There is something that annoys me though with this and many of the games shown by many developers at this E3 and its a growing trend. There is a huge emphasis in violence. Too much violence. Too much glorification of it. Its almost as if guts splattering, bodies splitting etc are a great feature than need to be highlighted in the same manner as many other effects and expressions that are suposed to make our jaws drop.

We are back to complaining about violence in video games again?
This happened back when they first showed off the TLOU and GOW:A gameplay.
Never complained about violence in the first TLOU or GoW Ascension.
Violence has always been part of videogames. Gore was like an icing. Never minded that. To me extreme gore now seems to be the main theme and unnecessary excessive. For example in TLOU2 demo I didnt mind the guy who was hanged and stabbed. But why the excessive gore that came after it? Why the unnecessary visual feat of gut opening and intestines hanging out like ropes? It was unnecessary for the context. In the context of MK I understand it. I understand also people acting like animals when in survival mode killing each other in horrible ways, but there is an unnecessary extra depiction of gore and violence in many games.
There is no reason for example for Lara or Drake to compete Kratos and Marcus Phoenix in gore and violence. But Lara is getting there.

Never complained about violence in the first TLOU or GoW Ascension.
Violence has always been part of videogames. Gore was like an icing. Never minded that. To me extreme gore now seems to be the main theme and unnecessary excessive. For example in TLOU2 demo I didnt mind the guy who was hanged and stabbed. But why the excessive gore that came after it? Why the unnecessary visual feat of gut opening and intestines hanging out like ropes? It was unnecessary for the context. In the context of MK I understand it. I understand also people acting like animals when in survival mode killing each other in horrible ways, but there is an unnecessary extra depiction of gore and violence in many games.
There is no reason for example for Lara or Drake to compete Kratos and Marcus Phoenix in gore and violence. But Lara is getting there.
We don't know the full context without playing the final game. Maybe hanging guts attract wild animals better? Or maybe it's just there to show the brutality the characters have to face day to day.

I agree with you about Lara tho. Don't know why they made Tomb Raider grim dark.

Facial expression and face of NPC during gameplay are much better than in UC4

NbJ1JGz.jpg

ZONgIeg.jpg

gtuxVkk.jpg

Back