Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

This is looking damn amazing. Overall it was a mediocre showing despite the godly detailed visuals and the character models.
We still have barely any clue about the gameplay. We got an idea that this game will have some sort of survival elements. Maybe it's what Hideo Kojima was intending with MGS3 with Snake using supplies to survive in the forest/jungle

It's getting a bit troublesome.

In my opinion, there's a real gap between Sony exclusives and other games from a visual standpoint.

Since Horizon Zero Dawn or maybe Uncharted 4 the trend continues...

Yeah. Why is that the case...what is the „secret sauce“? I had the same impression...looking at the Spider Man game...Insomniac did good work with RnC but suddenly they present a wtf is going on graphics beast.

I am especially impressed with character faces and facial animations in Sony exclusive games.

It was curious that whatever the thing was that left prints on the ground didn't interact with the photo. Sam is clearly older in the photo than he is in the time the trailer takes place. I would think this ties into the obvious temporal/dimensional mechanic of the current world this takes place in. It would imply that whatever these creatures are can only physically interact with matter from certain periods of space time? The plant life that the creatures move around seem to grow and decay very rapidly as well.

Another concept they showed in the trailer is that Sam is some kind of courier and so the woman he meets. They show montages of Sam carrying many types of things and even losing some of it. No clue what it is but it could be some gameplay mechanic and carry a risk/rewards system with it depending on type and quantity.

I am sure people have torn this stuff apart already but those were my quick observations.

Edit: Also forgot the woman courier asks Sam what level he is and he replies he has extinction factor probably implying how many times he has died or some other game mechanic, I dunno. Come to think of it, Sam says that she probably has him beat in that regard and she seems to have more affinity to sensing the creatures than Sam does at the moment (he can only feel them and has a chiral reaction to the beings hence the redness of skin)... maybe thats why these people are used as couriers because of the ability.

Last edited:
Yeah. Why is that the case...what is the „secret sauce“? I had the same impression...looking at the Spider Man game...Insomniac did good work with RnC but suddenly they present a wtf is going on graphics beast.

I am especially impressed with character faces and facial animations in Sony exclusive games.

Yeah in ps3 era we can easily blame the difficulty to properly wield CELL but on Ps4? It's crazy that Sony 1st and 2nd party titles have such higher visual quality than 3rd parties.

Although it could be more about budget allotment? For example those crazy detailed animation that interact wit environment / event in the last of us 2 would take lots of work and man hours..

As for death stranding,, they are using the engine that powered hozirin zero dawn, but it seems they tuned it to look more realistic than the cartoony / stylized look in horizon

I
As for death stranding,, they are using the engine that powered hozirin zero dawn, but it seems they tuned it to look more realistic than the cartoony / stylized look in horizon

Kojima made a comment at the PS meet where they talked about Decima. To paraphrase he said "yeah, we replace the PBR as it was rubbish". There was no lack of respect, but could see Herman from Gorilla wince a bit. :D

I

Kojima made a comment at the PS meet where they talked about Decima. To paraphrase he said "yeah, we replace the PBR as it was rubbish". There was no lack of respect, but could see Herman from Gorilla wince a bit. :D

the technical director of Guerrilla Games it was not a question of artstyle something was broken into the PBR/lighting engine of the decima engine and he said it will help Horizon 2 too.

EDIT: He said the cutscene engine and tools were not good and Kojima Productions help here too. Same things it will help Horizon 2 too.

And considering Killzone PS4 was a pioneer of modern-gen PBR (although MGS5 also was) and it was pretty high quality there, if it was rubish compared to what they have now, this can only be a good thing.

The Gamersyde video really reveals all the tiny little nuances of the environment and faces, all rendered at such a grand scale. I see strong inspirations from The Martian and Interstellar in art and design, the human faces oh dear lord, the visual quality is so high it's unfathomable to see it running on the Pro. But then again after seeing TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima, it appears exclusive games on the Pro have reached a new tier "semi next gen tier"?
And to think whatever GG is doing with Horizon 2 on Decima engine coded natively for a 12 tf+ PS5 is truly mind boggling when we have stuff this already.

42744671811_efe9cd8f8a_k.jpg

42744672531_d0f40892b9_k.jpg

27875493297_1743823a0f_k.jpg

42027263984_1d73e9bca5_k.jpg

42027262124_cef660e38f_o.jpg

42027261714_5ff35afeda_o.jpg

42027262574_27594e6f81_o.jpg

40933845090_b5d288ab47_o.jpg

42027259054_c52ede8e5f_o.jpg

42027259654_d08cb1db1c_o.jpg

41844827615_288680d22a_o.jpg

Unfortunately it still has standard shadows without softshadwos. That's really annoying.

At least there was more to see than I expected. There are even people who think it's an MGS title.

Ans some individuals who belive this theory say that people will get "humiliated" when the truth will be fully revealed. Mads Mikkelsen is said to be The Sorrow. Of course. haha

Maybe the video creator "trolls" everyone or he wants to get a lot of attention with his videos.

Last edited:
Back