The Annual E3 General Discussion press conference thread, 2018 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the thread for discussing general E3 news and announcements and general interests (photos of a specific gender of game-demonstrators) not covered by the platform specific threads.

Saturday, June 9

Sunday, June 10

Monday, June 11

Tuesday, June 12

Sony should have just pulled a Nintendo and release pre-canned trailers online for the games instead of booking venues and hosting.

Well, first party games I might want to play?

1 from Sony (Ghost), 2 definitely from MS (Ori, Gears Tactics) and 2 maybe's from MS (Gears 5 and Halo).

Regards,
SB

Microsoft conference pacing an A, games presented a B+
Sony conference pacing a C-, games presented an A-
I have to actually disagree. The sony conference made me no longer want a title. (Kingdom hearts) Also it looks like the majority of the stuff seems to be past 2019.

They should have just pulled a Nintendo and release pre-canned trailers online for the games instead of booking venues and hosting.
I'll take a collection of precanned trailers over silly developer skits.

Ideally developers would come out and just talk about their project but the teleprompter stuff does nothing for me to be honest.

Same goes for the demos - oh no here come a boss... Or wait did you hear that? Gaming already follows a tight formula, I want authentic interaction or just give me a trailer.

MS had a ton more stuff shown and a lot of it was 2018/19

Is this a Joke ? A big difference between Sony and MS is actual gameplay... MS showed almost nothing excepted for FH4.

The conference was boring due to bad pacing, but Sony still had way more things to show than MS.

Sony won this E3 against MS, even when they made their worse conference vs the best conference of MS.

Sony had more actual content to show. As simple as that.

Not to mention assumptions are being made that these games are going to be released beyond 2019. There are plenty of events coming up to announce release dates, including Sony's own event, which is the most likely candidate.

Plus there were a few PS4 exclusives announced or weren't shown in their conference that are releasing in 2019, ie Babylon Fall and Days Gone.

Like Sony said, they wanted to focus mainly on their heavy hitters: Spider-Man, Death Stranding, GoT and TLoU2. Conference was poor in execution/pacing, but the content was great IMO.

Last edited:
Is this a Joke ? A big difference between Sony and MS is actual gameplay... MS showed almost nothing excepted for FH4.

The conference was boring due to bad pacing, but Sony still had way more things to show than MS.

Sony won this E3 against MS, even when they made their worse conference vs the best conference of MS.

Sony had more actual content to show. As simple as that.

MS's conference was filmed to the brim of exciting titles coming out. I don't want to watch gameplay footage during a press conference. I rather have that later on with context from people who get to play it. That's even if everything we saw was gameplay footage.

MS's conference was filmed to the brim of exciting titles coming out. I don't want to watch gameplay footage during a press conference. I rather have that later on with context from people who get to play it. That's even if everything we saw was gameplay footage.

Beyond all that, does it really matter? Surely, you don't believe that Sony will be lacking first-party software for the rest of 2018, or even 2019? I'm pretty sure Microsoft and Sony will have enough 2018-19 first-party "exclusive content," for their particular base.

Anyhow, lets move on before a 'game list' pops up... :yep2:

I would have to say plenty of xbox games with gamplay was shown. Even smaller games like Ori or Tunic had gamplay shown. Was a good show.

Beyond all that, does it really matter? Surely, you don't believe that Sony will be lacking first-party software for the rest of 2018, or even 2019? I'm pretty sure Microsoft and Sony will have enough 2018-19 first-party "exclusive content," for their particular base.

Anyhow, lets move on before a 'game list' pops up... :yep2:
I am sure Sony will have exclusive content.

Well... Turns out it was just four games (and a bit).
What four?
If you're talking about exclusives I saw the big 4, Nioh 2 tease, Dreams gameplay and about 10 PSVR exclusives.
I don't know if they showed the new PlayLink games but there's about 6 new of those too.

I disagree. The 30-50 demographic, or the HZD/GOW players, are something like 10 million out of 80 million PS4 owners. Let's say 25%.

Where did you come up with these numbers, and how is anyone thinking HZD and GOW appeals mainly to the 30-50 demographic?
That sounds preposterous to be honest. Teens and young adults don't play HZD and GOW now?
Nor will they play Spiderman, TLoU2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima?

Microsoft did a better show overall because they showed more AAA games and definitely had better pacing, but aside from indies they also only showed 4 big exclusives: Halo, Gears, Forza and Crackdown.

and ONE PSVR game ? LOL ?
Definitely not one.Here's the list of to-be-released for 2018:

- Trover Saves the Universe (from the co-creator of Rick and Morty)
- Ghost Giant from the creators of Fe
- Beat Saber (console exclusive)
- Firewall: Zero Hour
- Creed Rise to Glory (console exclusive)
- Evasion
- The Persistence
- Star Child
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission (a mario-ish platform game based on the best PSVR demo IMO).

And the big surprise:
- Déraciné, a full PSVR game made by one of Sony's top studios From Software.

PSVR is getting more 1st-party love than the Vita ever did, to be honest.

Where did you come up with these numbers, and how is anyone thinking HZD and GOW appeals mainly to the 30-50 demographic?
He didn't.
I said 30-50. I said the _money_ is with 30-50 demographic. i'm referring to disposable income/purchasing power.
Sell it to the adults/parents, get into the ecosystem, and then you've got to buy for the younger crowd as well.

We are sort of that age group where we grew up with video game consoles, the baby boomers don't understand it, but we do.

Back