The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2018 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the official thread for discussing the Sony related show at this year's E3.

Monday, June 11
  • Sony -- 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET (2 AM BST / 11 AM on June 12)

Twitch Stream

IGN's Stream on Mixer

“This year will feature exclusive looks and deep dives four of our big titles,” said Layden. “I think everyone will be thrilled to see it. We’re taking a different angle on how we’re bringing it out.”

“We’ll have some announcements with our third-party publishing partners, we’ll have some news things to talk about there, as well as our continued support for independent development – we’ll throw some highlight of that.”

The main focus will be deep-dives into 4 games, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us Part 2. They will also have some bits on

Well, less than an hour for Sony's. Last year was pretty dull as PSX has become their main event. So far the PC and MS conference have been my favourites.

Banjo music is exactly what I think of in a Church.

Showing a lot of TLOU 2, nice.

Heh, Cohh just asked, "Are we watching Tomb Raider right now?" during the sneaking sequence. Heh.

Well, they're certainly out to make her a bloodier killer than Lara.

Regards,
SB

Looks like the crowd at the conference is now being moved to a different room.

Different room for each game is what they are speculating right now.

Regards,
SB

I hope the people at the show are having a substantially better time than the viewers at home. Right now they are in an extremely boring section of the show, while the live audience has an intermission between their experiences.

This part now is better suited for a next-day show, not an actual conference live-stream.

Heh, Cohh just asked, "Are we watching Tomb Raider right now?" during the sneaking sequence. Heh.

It certainly looks a generation ahead from Shadow, that baked AO is just too good in this setting.

That demo looked nice but it wasn't really anything surprising/new for what you'd expect from TLOU2.

I'm calling it now, if the rest of the experience goes the same, this is The Worst E3 Format Sony has ever put on.

I think this might end up being the worst Sony conference ever. Instead of boring marketing speech and sales numbers and stuff. We now have boring pseudo talk show stuff while they move the conference into a different room.

I'm even hearing die hard PlayStation fans complaining about the conference right now.

It went from, "Holy cow, TLOU 2 is amazing!" to "WTF is Sony doing? I'm falling asleep now."

Regards,
SB

It certainly looks a generation ahead from Shadow, that baked AO is just too good in this setting.

That demo looked nice but it wasn't really anything surprising/new for what you'd expect from TLOU2.
I didn't think TLOU was that dynamic with the animations and such. It was probably the best I've seen ever. Not sure how much of it was QTE or scripted or not at all, it was really blurring the lines for me which to me is a good thing I think

Someone pass the booze, please.

Anyone want to play a game of "I Spy" while we wait for something, anything, to happen?

Back