Fallout 76 [XO, PS4]

I don't disagree, but the the challenges each engine is designed to solve is very different. If you stretch id Tech 6 to render an 100,000 individual objects each frame (which its not what it's designed for) and throw in more complex scripting and AI, will it run better? If you say yes, please provide evidence.
Why would it need to render 100,000 individual objects ? I am also not sure that I would agree with fallout 4 having a more complex scripting or AI .

Why would it need to render 100,000 individual objects ? I am also not sure that I would agree with fallout 4 having a more complex scripting or AI .

Many game environment are compromised of predictable static meshes which means your engine can be optimised for rendering those environments, which isn't the case on Fallout or Elder Scrolls because players can move anything anywhere with the expectation that both physics and AI will have cause and effect results.

Creeping around a poorly lit environment? Throw some object in a pathway and know when something else had kicked it, or triggered it. Few engines have to deal with that but Creation Engine does. You can defeat enemies with physics and/or logic. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it does what it does and Elder Scroll and Fallout wouldn't be the same without it.:nope:

Well, rumors on reddit apparently from the same guy that leaked the Fallout 76 name hours before the stream went live (which is even more hours before the Bethesda stream showed anything but a table with a bobblehead on it) has leaked some more information. Don't have the actual post as I was just hearing CohhCarnage talking about it. I'm not even sure who originally leaked the name. I'd go look but have to leave soon for a Dentist's appointment. :p

Apparently, it's a precursor to Fallout 5. It's supposed to not be like Rust in that it's a small setting meant for a small group of people. IE - limited to 4 player co-op or something similar maybe.

Probably more stuff as when I started his stream he was in the middle of talking about some of the stuff and why he's "cautiously" optimistic.

Makes me wonder if it's more like State of Decay (except with custom building construction instead of static building construction) than Rust. IE - small scale open world survival setting, but with some side stories and possibly a main story.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Well, rumors on reddit apparently from the same guy that leaked the Fallout 76 name hours before the stream went live (which is even more hours before the Bethesda stream showed anything but a table with a bobblehead on it) has leaked some more information. Don't have the actual post as I was just hearing CohhCarnage talking about it. I'm not even sure who originally leaked the name. I'd go look but have to leave soon for a Dentist's appointment. :p

Apparently, it's a precursor to Fallout 5. It's supposed to not be like Rust in that it's a small setting meant for a small group of people. IE - limited to 4 player co-op or something similar maybe.

Probably more stuff as when I started his stream he was in the middle of talking about some of the stuff and why he's "cautiously" optimistic.

Makes me wonder if it's more like State of Decay (except with custom building construction instead of static building construction) than Rust. IE - small scale open world survival setting, but with some side stories and possibly a main story.

Regards,
SB
I would enjoy a state of decay like experience over rust. I am enjoying part 2 a lot

There are Amazon links which have Fallout 76 available on all platforms on 31 July or 1 August - depending on your territory. If accurate that'd even beat Fallout 4's teaser reveal on 2 June 2015, 40-minute deep dive at Bethesda's E3 conference on 14 June 2015 and release on 10 November 2015.

Noclip has produced a fantastic documentary covering the complete History of Bethesda Games Studio, following a week-long visit BGS and many of interviews with the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Revealed during the MS conference that Fallout 76 is going to be 4 times larger than Fallout 4. Not a fan of Bethesda's Fallout games so didn't pick up anything else that might have been revealed.

Also, I've heard some people speculating that there is either a new engine or the engine has been hugely revamped for Fallout 76 as it looked pretty good.

Regards,
SB

In the Bethesda conference they mentioned new rendering pipeline, new lighting module, new landscape module and other unmentioned changes to the engine.

Guessing since they had to modify the engine to support "dozens" of players as well as a server/client infrastructure they decided to revamp other parts of the engine as well.

Regards,
SB

it looked like the fallout 4 engine with lots of changes, but not something completely new.

As a big fan of Bethesda RPGs, their appeal is how they feel, not how they look. :yes:

I'm watching the Bethesda conference now, not caught of to their coverage of Fallout 76 yet so I've only seen the teaser from Microsoft's conference.

I am very interested in this game ! co op n Fallout 4, why wouldnt I want it?

You're supposed to hate it because it's not a proper Fallout RPG and it breaks lore! Deathclaws and super mutants merely 20 years after the bombs fell? Preposterous!

Get with the programme, man! :runaway:

Sure seems like interest in this game is high, at least in the US and going by Google.

Probably because people only have the concept and few details at this stage. I don't think Fallout 76 is going to my type of Fallout title but it might be and Bethesda are being absolute teases about how the game will really play. When you have to watch a crowd-funded third party (NOCLIP) YouTube documentary to get info about their game?

Oh.. you're just wanton, BGS. :yep2:

I see it mentioned that any vault dwellers are real humans but what does that mean in terms of npcs? Are there any in this game because I don’t recall that all characters you meet in previous FO games were former vault dwellers?

I see it mentioned that any vault dwellers are real humans but what does that mean in terms of npcs? Are there any in this game because I don’t recall that all characters you meet in previous FO games were former vault dwellers?

All of the humans in Fallout 76 game are actual players. In terms of NPCS they've said there is a sect of intelligent non-hostile ghouls (in addition to feral) and robots.

Yay, cards progression system for stats and abilities with the obligatory lootbox random card packs and gold cards etc. As of now, the random card packs you get every X levels and cannot be purchased for real money. Looks like a mix of abilities (cards) you get every level and can upgrade mixed with the random packs.

Back