The Annual E3 Bethesda press conference thread, 2018 edition

Whoa, watching the itmeJP stream right now in prep for the Bethesda conference and just heard the most shocking thing.

They were talking about how this years conference can't possibly be worse than last years conference. Then one of the guest hosts came in with...

As long as they don't announce VR for Fallout 76, that will make this conference worse than last years. DAMN!

I'm bored, that wasn't newsworthy, but I'm bored. And it's the first time I've heard outright hatred for VR.

Regards,
SB

Just imagine if it was FaceBook VR exclusive ... They likely would have said it needs to burn in hell.

Ugh, they start off with Metacritic. Bleh. Highest Metacritic for any game publisher across a publisher's lineup of games.

And now for the games. Rage 2 to start.

Well, after some live music?

The crowd is like...WTF?

That poor guy from Avalanche Studios. He looks like he's about to die from nervousness and stage fright. He even forgot what he was going to say for a bit.

OMG< this looks insanely awesomely chaotic.

OK, I'm now hyped for Rage 2.

Relaunching Elder Scrolls: Legends with new graphics? It failed so they are trying again with it. /head_scratch.

ESO, DLC based on werewolves. Lukewarm reception from the crowd.

Looks like Doom!

Definitely Doom.

Looks like it's on Earth.

Yup, Doom: Eternal.

Now Quake?

Oooof, doubling down on Quake Champions (failure) and trying to push it as an E-sport. Good luck, I guess?

Free update for Prey available today with new gameplay modes.

New DLC with infinite gameplay (random).

Could be interesting.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Quake?

Oooof, doubling down on Quake Champions (failure) and trying to push it as an E-sport. Good luck, I guess?

Regards,
SB
I don't believe it launched yet so its hard to say its a failure. I played a beta of it and was a fun enough game imo. I liked its faster pace old school feel

Wolfenstein 2 on switch.

New Wolfenstein mission based on BJ's twin daughters called Youngblood.

Sounds interesting.

I don't believe it launched yet so its hard to say its a failure. I played a beta of it and was a fun enough game imo. I liked its faster pace old school feel

Quake Champions has been out for a long time now as Early Access (Aug 2017, there was a BETA before that as well). The change that is happening is that it is now going F2P.

Regards,
SB

Quake Champions has been out for a long time now as Early Access (Aug 2017, there was a BETA before that as well). The change that is happening is that it is now going F2P.
ah thanks for clearing that up

Wolfenstein VR sounds interesting but htier vr stuff has kinda stunk.

Now fallout

Wolfenstein 2 on switch.

New Wolfenstein mission based on BJ's twin daughters called Youngblood.

Sounds interesting.

I think it might be a full game not just missions.

New rendering, lighting, and landscape technology in the engine. So a fairly big engine overhaul.

Always online.

Can play solo still.

Uses servers. Dozens of players at a time. Progression doesn't end with death. Also follows you across servers.

All people in the world are real people? So no NPCs?

Player accessible nuclear missile silos...with nuclear missles. Oh boy.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
beta announced - break it early test application

collectors edition with a map that glows in the dark. Figures you can put on that map and also a wearable helmet ?

Nov 14th 2018 release

fallout vault for switch and ps4 just released tonight

Eldar Scrolls Blades a mobile game

Fallout Shelter coming to PS4 and Switch. It's already on XBO and PC.

Elder Scrolls Blades. Mobile game. PC, console, and VR versions as well.

Well, there's the new Elder Scrolls property.

Regards,
SB

Elder Scrolls Blade sounds like its iPhone exclusive however

maybe not , they say its coming to high end pc vr and everything else

preorder it on google play and the app store and get playblades.com for early access
Comes out in the fall for free

All new next gen game , new franchise first in 25 years

Starfield ?

Looks space based.

please be a new engine

yup starfield just a quick teaser of a space station

Starfield, yup.

Maybe this will be the game that will get me interested in a Bethesda developed game again.

And now teasing another game that will come after Starfield is released...

A new Elder Scrolls main game

So probably next "gen" consoles.

Regards,
SB

Another title , looks like Elder scrolls

Yup part 6 , just a trailer of a mountain side and then Elder Scrolls 6

Elder scrolls VI is real:runaway:. Best news of the entire conference, also psyched for Doom Eternal and Starfield. Bethesda is doing lord's work but that 76 online crap has got to go.

Back