Detroit [PS4, PC]

All cutscenes are in real time ? Because in the video above some scenes are really impressive. At 32 seconds for instance.

They say games do nothing new just I just washed a dish while manifesting murderous thoughts towards my new owner. :yep2:

All cutscenes are in real time ? Because in the video above some scenes are really impressive. At 32 seconds for instance.

All is realtime. I finish the game it is impressive. I will redone some of the scene. Not all the protagonist see the end. I will try to save some of then. :)

I like it so far. PS4 pro, 4k tv, hdr. It's a little grainy, I guess it's the wanted style, but sometimes it feels a little soft for 4k...

I'm really into each story line, treating them all uniquely. My Conner is a by the books robot hunter, my Markus has no issue killing humans and Kara is the good natured protective mom. Great graphics and story. I love the flow charts after each level, I need to go back and try some other options.

I don't like the use of six-axis motion or trigger pulls in the middle of action. They need to stick to the face button and sticks when doing quick decision during combat, and not using the whole controller.

I'm really into each story line, treating them all uniquely. My Conner is a by the books robot hunter, my Markus has no issue killing humans and Kara is the good natured protective mom. Great graphics and story. I love the flow charts after each level, I need to go back and try some other options.

Yeah, the stories are cut together really well and it feels like your decisions have consequences. Of course, we've heard that before and second/third play throughs will be the real test. I'm on chapter 20 which I gather is about two thirds through the story.

We only intended to play a couple of hours but it had us glued to the TV for six or seven hours.

I'd call it very entertaining schlock with insane production values. Thanks to D.C.'s least terrible script thus far it even has the occasional heartfelt moment that doesn't feel cringy or overtly saccharin. In terms of writing it's still miles away from the Westworlds and Ex Machinas of this world, but for an interactive narrative with so many permutations it's still somewhat impressive. I'm having a good time with it.

Best seller on Amazon right now:

bestselleruoumw.png

Hope it does well, this is a great game and perhaps the best example of what the interactive story genre can be.

I finished my first play through. I lived with all my decisions without trying other paths, but I did retry some failed QTE in the early chapters because they tend to be unforgiving, based on the previous games.

I loved it, it's definitely their best game. The storylines and choices available were very much in sync with my naive revolutionary heart. The odds of making things worse were quite fun to think about. It had some cheezy choices, but most were well crafted with logical consequences.

My ending was...
A successful revolution, resisted the stand off long enough without giving them an excuse, activated the deviant army, twarted the assasination attempt during the celebration, pretty much a positive ending for most characters except three: simon who killed himself when probed to get the location of jerico, kara and the kid who died when I failed the escape, I will retry the last chapter action scene to see if I can save them too, it has a LOT of branches there.

I tried to be non-violent whenever I assumed there would be a public perception impact, regardless of character sacrifices. The constant presence of journalists coverage, and more focus on it in the final act was a nice touch to telegraph it was at least a piece of the puzzle. And otherwise I was violent whenever a life was in danger, human life trumping property rights, immediate danger trumping potential ones, etc... It wasn't perfect, sometimes you just want to watch the world burn :runaway:

The game really is going with that Rise of the Planet of the Apes trope ey :), like everytime when Marcus has to make a big decision I always fall back on what Caesar would say or do. Really love all the stories so far, the game grows on you progressively too and the more you play the more you're connected to the characters. Also the damn graphics just keeps ramping up, it's literally one level blows away the last when you thought this couldn't get any better. Not much to go for me now I think, hope my ending is satisfying.

Am I dumb or is their only one save slot, without NG+ mode ?

... android. At the end, you can chose to let her be free. And I though, ok, maybe in the NG+ she will have a role but... Maybe in a DLC ? I don't know, I'm frustrated that I can test other choices without destroying "my" run :/ It a weak move for a game like that.

First QD game that is not clicking with me. I am just bored by Androids it seems. Everything in the story seems so familiar (most of these topics are straight from films and books it seems to me).

I am struggling to continue, about 6h in or so...which is a bummer, as I loved all QD games so far. But without an original story...there seems no point in playing the story...?!?

Without spoilers, maybe someone can give me a hint that later on the story will be super original, unexpected and worth continuing?!?

First QD game that is not clicking with me. I am just bored by Androids it seems. Everything in the story seems so familiar (most of these topics are straight from films and books it seems to me).

Ironic, not a single QD game has every appealed to me before but the demo sold on Detroit and I've enjoyed every minute - and although I've not completed my first play through yet, I'm already planning my second!

I will even give Heavy Rain, that was bundled with Detroit, a go after.

Am I dumb or is their only one save slot, without NG+ mode ?

... android. At the end, you can chose to let her be free. And I though, ok, maybe in the NG+ she will have a role but... Maybe in a DLC ? I don't know, I'm frustrated that I can test other choices without destroying "my" run :/ It a weak move for a game like that.

In the end, it was great and a letdown at the same time.

All the press was buzzing about the multiple event-line, etc. But what the point of it if you can't have multiples save slots ? I mean, I finished the game, and I'm perfectly fine with the ending I get based on my decisions. This is fine. But I don't want to trash my exisiting story just to experiment some other storyline. It's so dumb to have only one saving slot for a game based on the "ok try different ways" type of games...

I am struggling to continue, about 6h in or so...which is a bummer, as I loved all QD games so far. But without an original story...there seems no point in playing the story...?!?

Without spoilers, maybe someone can give me a hint that later on the story will be super original, unexpected and worth continuing?!?

There is one "twisty" thing, but you can catch on it pretty soon. I agree the story is not that original. I liked it and liked the experience, but yeah, nothing really "original".

In the end, it was great and a letdown at the same time.

All the press was buzzing about the multiple event-line, etc. But what the point of it if you can't have multiples save slots ? I mean, I finished the game, and I'm perfectly fine with the ending I get based on my decisions. This is fine. But I don't want to trash my exisiting story just to experiment some other storyline. It's so dumb to have only one saving slot for a game based on the "ok try different ways" type of games...

I started a new story and I can see my previous path unlocked while progressing through the new story :)

But I don't want to trash my exisiting story just to experiment some other storyline. It's so dumb to have only one saving slot for a game based on the "ok try different ways" type of games...

Just create a new user profile.

Back