Tampered car? Mazda2 2014 Skyactiv-D

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Ok I ve been very troubled with my Diesel Skyactiv-D Mazda 2 lately and I am having suspicion that the car dealer tampered with it.

There was a glow plug indicator flashing which the car dealer said is a mistake since there was no fault with the glow plugs But he said that he can get into the system to turn it off (!!) which I refused because it my indicate some other issue.
Anyways the car did have issues with the DPF so I left it for two weeks to be dealt with that problem.
So I receive the car and the dealer says that he has replaced also the glow plugs (?).

Of course now the Glow plug indicator is not flashing but when I turn on the car and all indicators turn on for a brief time, that is the ONLY indicator which barely turns on (comes up for a fractions of a second while all other lights remain for a longer time).

Now I am really suspicious that he is tampering with the errors of the car so it wouldnt give indications of the various issues.

Does anyone have a Skyactiv D who can tell me how long does the glow plug indicator is lid?
upload_2018-5-23_20-56-8.jpeg

Can't you take it to another dealer or independent mechanic to have them look at it? I almost always get second opinions on any work I get done on my car if anything smells even a little bit "fishy".

Regards,
SB

Can't you take it to another dealer or independent mechanic to have them look at it? I almost always get second opinions on any work I get done on my car if anything smells even a little bit "fishy".

Regards,
SB
I asked two and they told me that they cant really know if something was tampered through software or electronically because they cant really know what was the real cause of the indicator and how the dealer might have interfered.
Now the only thing left is to check the dashboard of the same car when it starts up
This is the model I am talking about
mazda-2-2015-malcolm-flynn-7.jpg

Modern diesels don't need preheating on temperatures above zero celsius, on all cars I've driven the preheat indicator just very briefly flashes on warm weather.

Modern diesels don't need preheating on temperatures above zero celsius, on all cars I've driven the preheat indicator just very briefly flashes on warm weather.
I understand what you are saying but I am referring to the indicators flashing at the start up of the car, showing that they function.

would this help ?
I believe so.

This is a different Mazda 2 from mine though but I see a discrepancy already from mine. The Glow Plug indicator on my car's dashboard is lit for a tiny fraction. In the video's case they dont even light up. Maybe the indicator is trying to flash again but something prevents it.

It does light up in the video. Pay more attention ;)

To the left of the engine warning light. Flashes briefly just like you say yours does.

Back