The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

So Westworld S02E04... that room
Clearly one of the initial goals of Delos was to create amalgams of themselves so they could effectively become immortal, keeping as much of their selves intact. However, regarding that secret room and the collection of guest interactions and DNA... I was also thinking of a more nefarious purpose to produce copies of high profile guests without their knowledge, with some behavior modifications, for manipulating political and corporate society in their favor?

oh and...
So is she a copy? I don't remember any reference to a 2nd daughter and the implication is that she is a copy since apparently she killed herself?

Last edited:
What I love about Winkler in that role is you can tell he's having a total ball playing such a stereotypical character to the hilt like that!

I'm enjoying Barry, which is a little darker than I anticipated, but still entertaining. If I'd known the Fonz was in it, I'd have watched it before now! ;)
It's the darkness which gives it the edge. I think it's a great show. The scene where they overturn a car is really cool.

The darkness adds an uncertainty to all the humor and all the dark parts, you know that at any moment it could go from light hearted to life/death and vice/versa.

Yay. The Expanse has been picked up Amazon after Syfi didn't renew for season 4.

If you've not been watching, it's fantastic and arguably the best series on at the moment.

Well, if you like proper space operas. :)

Yay. The Expanse has been picked up Amazon after Syfi didn't renew for season 4.

If you've not been watching, it's fantastic and arguably the best series on at the moment.

Makes sense, Amazon offers the first two seasons for free with Prime, and offers for rent the third season. I'm guessing this a really good fit for them, and good public relations as well.

Makes sense, Amazon offers the first two seasons for free with Prime, and offers for rent the third season. I'm guessing this a really good fit for them, and good public relations as well.

Bezos is a huge fan. When he announced the Kindle Fire one of The Expanse novels was on the screen. He was apparently furious when SyFi initially got the rights.

Hmmph. Not in the UK they don't. Hope they change that soon.

Awesome!

Now I want a Critters tv series

I want a full blown Critters 5 movie (which they'd probably just call Critters) starring Leonardo Dicaprio and Billy Zane. Dicaprio had his silver screen debut in Critters 3 after all, and both of them were in Critters and Titanic. I guess get Cameron to direct it then. Or Martin Scorsese :)

As for Tremors: I'm really curious how they're gonna serialize this. It's a great film. It is also a very straight forward film that did not feel constrained by its 90 minutes running time whatsoever.

Last edited:
Thomas Jane is back! Yes!

Damn I love The Expanse, it's so good. Very glad Amazon picked it up.

Last edited:
I find the timing of this fortuitous as I just recently ranted about it in the BF.V offshoot thread. I'm not sure if people outside of the US will be able to view it.

https://www.pbs.org/video/the-chinese-exclusion-act-eixnlw/

It's a documentary about the Chinese Exclusion Act which was in effect for 60 years, and is the only act which has ever targeted one race for exclusion from the US. Something that almost no American citizen even knows about now. Heck most Chinese American's don't even know about it and are shocked when they find out.

America at the time was one of the only countries in the world which allowed people of all nationalities a way to legally immigrate and become a citizen. So it's especially stark that the Chinese were specifically targeted for exclusion and remain the only race which was specifically legally prohibited from becoming citizens in America.

Note - while some will conflate the issue, it isn't quite the same as the modern day debate over whether ILLEGAL immigrants should be allowed to remain in the country.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Thanks for the massive spoiler :(

On the bright side, I have the long term memory of a goldfish

Are you implying he got killed? I just started watching the series. :)

No biggie if so, and I was going repeat something funny I recently read about long term memory, but I've forgotten it.

P.S. Did you see the fan made short Punisher video Jane starred in?

Back