Battlefield V

Rangers

Legend
Trailer just dropped. Umm, are these graphics real, B3D? Cus holy smokes if so.

It definitely sports a HUD in the 2nd half. And E3 is soon where gameplay will be unavoidable.

Dont care much about the franchise but I'm all about gfx, I'll get it just as a graphical showpiece if it delivers on that. Nice for my 65" TCL I hope to own!

I do remember Bf3 back in the day spawning similar "that can't be real" thoughts. I guess it kinda was, but OTOH was pretty watered down by the time it got 360. This could be similar, maybe look like that on a 1080ti rig and not so much by the time it gets to Xbox S?

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.contentapi.ea.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fbf%2Fen-us%2Fcommon%2Fbf3-bf3-stagingarea-gdc.jpg

IVe always regarded frostbyte highly. Just like when battlefront was announced etc. Every time DICE had moved the graphical bar forward.

It’s impressive!

I do remember Bf3 back in the day spawning similar "that can't be real" thoughts. I guess it kinda was, but OTOH was pretty watered down by the time it got 360. This could be similar, maybe look like that on a 1080ti rig and not so much by the time it gets to Xbox S?

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.contentapi.ea.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fbf%2Fen-us%2Fcommon%2Fbf3-bf3-stagingarea-gdc.jpg

I forgot how brutal that was on the 360, playing that level before adding the "hd" texture pack, it was more soup than souk

Let's hope the S version fairs better.

it's heavily scripted and full of filters and blur effects, actual gameplay won't feel as intense obviously, but i'm sure the graphical fidelity will be on par.
Their new mode sounded promising.

That had a very Bad Company feel to it. I'd be really down for a BF: Bad Company style game set in WW2. BF:V probably isn't that, but one can always wish.

Regards,
SB

So many things going on you just dont know what IS really going on. It doesnt give you a chance to process and digest the visual information
Everything is so bright. Those whites are blinding. They have reached Team ICO levels.
I think I am having an epileptic seizure.

Visuals look nicely detailed at least. And 60fps? Nice

Trailer just dropped. Umm, are these graphics real, B3D? Cus holy smokes if so.

It definitely sports a HUD in the 2nd half. And E3 is soon where gameplay will be unavoidable.

Dont care much about the franchise but I'm all about gfx, I'll get it just as a graphical showpiece if it delivers on that. Nice for my 65" TCL I hope to own!

Hmm I'm usually a big fan of DICE's games visually, but personally I think this trailer looks too colorful and overexposed. Still looks good, but I just think BF2 etc., look better from an artistic standpoint.

I'm really impressed by the man face at 1min58... that CGI feeling :oops:

Otherwise, it looks good but not especially better than previous Dice games.

*AHEM* RSPC Material does not belong in this thread.

This is a scripted sequence made for PR showcase, gameplay will not look this fluent and intense. The rendering side of things look similar to BF1 tho, a bit more colorful but nothing out of the norm. Look closely in still frames and you can see low res texture and alphas everywhere, yep easily achievable on consoles (at a much watered downed look) such as this.
The WWII setting interests me tons more than WWI does tho, mainly due to the more epic scale and more advanced deadlier weapons, vehicles to use from. But again if the single player structure is gonna be anything like BF1 then I will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited:
God, this looks like genuine trash. What the hell's with the outfits? Where was the Monty Python fart sound when the tank fell right onto the guy? And what is Aloy doing in WWII? Or is this all supposed to be ironic?

Last edited:
Jeez so much "gameplay" mechanics there that need a sack of salt. It's amazing briefly listening to some youtubers heavily invested with EA how much they're hyping these features. I'll start to get interested once we see some actual beta gameplay and the real game rendering.

Back