God of War [PS4, PC]

Can’t say more than “amazing” so far.

The full media black out was the best idea ever! Going in completely fresh...already a couple of surprises!

But man, playing on third difficulty and the game is beating the crap out of me!

I love it.

Oh and...holy shit, what is going on with them graphics on my ol pro!!! Using the framerate mode and this game is an unbelievable looker...can’t wait to see and play more!

Last edited by a moderator:

The full media black out was the best idea ever! Going in completely fresh...already a couple of surprises!

But man, playing on third difficulty and the game is beating the crap out of me!

I love it.

Oh and...holy shit, what is going on with them graphics on my ol pro!!! Using the framerate mode and this game is an unbelievable looker...can’t wait to see and play more!

I am going blind too... :)

Just got it. gonna head to play it right now. but man i was cruising youtube yesterday and was horrible the way the recommended section and suggestion was loaded with walkthrough vids with thumbnais and titles spoiling the game...
Not cool at all but was expected. oh my the photo mode looks great.

Video of the 2015 prototype, the game was greenlight by Sony after Sony Santa Monica shows this prototype

Video of the photo mode we can change Kratos and Atreus facial expression

I reallllyyy wanted to go in clean but I’m extremely annoyed that this is now the second time I open the YouTube app on my phone and a big SPOILER VIDEO is plastered right there, title, picture and all.

Actually quite pissed off. They must do it on purpose and there’s nothing I can do to avoid looking at a picture and a title that clearly is there for one reason only.

Not happy. Now I can’t even open bloody YouTube without the risk of getting spoilers.

Just had 5 hours of run man oh man does the game look ridiculously good, like literally every corner you turn it maintains that insane quality at all time:oops:. The game looks almost native 4k on my tv despite being CBR, I guess the extensive use of high res textures, good AA and AF really help too. The lighting, DOF, motion blur, PBR and whatever else that's under the hood really brings the game to a CGI look like constantly, non stop. It also has some of the best use of HDR and WCG, guys you've got to see it on a good HDR TV, l mean it's a total crime if not to at this point. And the rendering of Kratos is just next level, don't think a video game has ever made me feel this way before but this is really getting into low end CG now at least to me.
I'm only at the exit point of that
Witch tree house
heading to the boat, so I bet I'm not even at the meat of the game yet. Have already taken 1.3 gig of photos thus far and that's more than the entire game of UC4 or Horizon, it doesn't get any real than this.

Enjoy it, you have a lot to play left. Don't ignore side quests, you can get nice gear from it that can last you to the end of campaign. I personally finished the campaign with
fully upgraded Tyr armor set for combat, and fully upgraded Ancient set with all resistance sockets for some elemental enemies. Nothing fancy, all around good gear filled with regular enhancements.

Weirdly I have been completely unexcited about this game. I loved GoWIII and remember my (ex)wife frequently just stopping what she was doing and sitting next to me to watch the spectacle, even though she hated Kratos’ guts, the art direction was awesome. I have basically seen nothing that I liked the looks of in any footage I have seen so far, but I’ve tried to avoid looking at too much of it. I also think the art design for the kid so far, wow, the ugliest monster in the game probably ;).

So I guess now that I have to play the game anyway, I don’t have too worry too much about high expectations despite all the high metacritics ;)

Kratos is the definition of tough love. First hour and if I were the little boy I’d have left home by now in search of validation.

Just had 5 hours of run man oh man does the game look ridiculously good, like literally every corner you turn it maintains that insane quality at all time:oops:. The game looks almost native 4k on my tv despite being CBR, I guess the extensive use of high res textures, good AA and AF really help too. The lighting, DOF, motion blur, PBR and whatever else that's under the hood really brings the game to a CGI look like constantly, non stop. It also has some of the best use of HDR and WCG, guys you've got to see it on a good HDR TV, l mean it's a total crime if not to at this point. And the rendering of Kratos is just next level, don't think a video game has ever made me feel this way before but this is really getting into low end CG now at least to me.
I'm only at the exit point of that
Witch tree house
heading to the boat, so I bet I'm not even at the meat of the game yet. Have already taken 1.3 gig of photos thus far and that's more than the entire game of UC4 or Horizon, it doesn't get any real than this.

Now I'm pretty sure my game is bugged. I keep seeing low results textures and they are pretty jarring because they are surrounded by high resolution textures.

I should not let my cat comes near me when I purchased it...

how did you achieve that? I think I watched some videos on the game showing the differences with the E3 announcement back in the day. I mean, it wasn't much, but there was footage circulating around.

I am playing using resolution mode on pro. what about you guys ? someone playing with performance mode ? that game is pushing the pro hard, can almost hear my pro fans kicking in.
PLayed from 10 pm to 4 am....couldn't put down the controller...Oh my that first boss fight was incredibly nice. I just had some difficulty remembering the name of some characters outside 2 or 3.
Also subtitles size is a bit tiny and small for me. Had to put light background for the subtitles to read them properly.
I love thet combat system ! It's not a simple hack n slash...I already died 2 or 3 times on normal difficulty.

Last edited:
Back