Logitech G903 + Powerplay mat.

OK, I'm a sucker for technology sometimes. And more often than not, I end up regretting trying something that catches my fancy. So, I'm far more cautious in making purchases now than I was back in my youth.

That said...

The Logitech G903 when combined with the Powerplay mat is just pure bliss.

I had been using a G700s and G900 prior to this. Mostly the G700s as the G900 lacks a whole bunch of buttons which are useful in games.

So, why get the G903 if I didn't use the G900 much? Well, being able to game without cords and without having to worry about recharging the battery. One of the constant annoyances with the G700s (I used it corded instead of wireless) was the drag caused by the wire. Usually not a problem but every once in a while it'd catch on something and interfere with mouse movement.

Another nice feature with this combo, since the radio receiver is built into the Powerplay may, it's only a few inches from the mouse itself. Wireless interference and potential latency introduced by that is pretty much eliminated.

I really wish it had the button layout of the G700s. Outside of that complaint, this is pure heaven. It combines the freedom of untethered movement with the freedom from having to remember to recharge the mouse (something I'm really bad at).

However, it does come at a cost. The mouse was 99 USD and the mat was another 105 USD on top of that.

Normally, while I think wireless charging is cool, I've avoided it due to the waste of energy from the process. In this case the energy consumption of a mouse is so miniscule that...well...I'm willing to look the other way. :p

For once, I don't regret in the slightest in impulse buying a tech item just because I thought it might be cool.

Regards,
SB

That's a cool idea, logical use of wireless charging and adding the receiver into it.

Thanks for sharing. It's now on my List of Wants.

Do they make a wireless keyboard that's rechargeable by similar means? So when you're done with the keyboard, you just set it nearby/on-top-of a pad and it'll be recharged.

Thanks for sharing. It's now on my List of Wants.

Do they make a wireless keyboard that's rechargeable by similar means? So when you're done with the keyboard, you just set it nearby/on-top-of a pad and it'll be recharged.

I don't know. I know I used to use their Dinovo wireless keyboards that came with a recharge stand that you plopped the keyboard into.

I don't move keyboards around nearly as much as the mouse (constantly in motion) so I've just gone back to wired keyboards. Wireless keyboards are still handy for clearing up desk space for other things. However, my computer desk is fairly large and I don't need to do things with paper documents as much as I used to.

Oh, one important thing I forgot to add. The G903 just like the G900 is ambidextrous, so it's great for left handed users as well.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
As a 700s user I don't think I could bring myself to give up the contour shaping or the many buttons. LOVE the buttons, hate the graphics from the 700 but the left-clicker on mine hasn't given out.

Does it have hyper-scroll at least? I can't disagree with your assessment of the 700s, but I don't mind the cord and if I unplug it I have mine set up to control my wife's computer for when she falls asleep. ;)

As a 700s user I don't think I could bring myself to give up the contour shaping or the many buttons. LOVE the buttons, hate the graphics from the 700 but the left-clicker on mine hasn't given out.

Does it have hyper-scroll at least? I can't disagree with your assessment of the 700s, but I don't mind the cord and if I unplug it I have mine set up to control my wife's computer for when she falls asleep. ;)

Yup it has the free scrolling wheel as well. I won't even consider buying a mouse that doesn't have one.

That's another reason I got the 903 + mat. The wheel on my 700s wasn't spinning as freely anymore. To fix it, I'd probably have to disassemble the mouse, and then clean and relube the wheel. Too much trouble. All of the buttons still work great. I've had to replace all of the Teflon skid pads on the bottom as the original ones all got worn out. It's been a reliable workhorse for me.

And the 700s isn't being made anymore so, the ones you can find are obscenely expensive.

Regards,
SB

Back