God of War [PS4, PC]

Sounds like a 30 hours affair for me since I intend to explore as much as possible and fight every last one of the minibosses around. Now if you add sight gawking and photomode then that's another 20 hours easily :).

God this game is beautiful, just some appetizers before the steak tonight :)
god-of-war-20180405185947.jpg

god-of-war-20180406015056.jpg

http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/2/1541/19906/17126515/38/god-of-war-20180405190840.jpg
http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/2/1541/19906/17126515/41/god-of-war-20180406002010.jpg
http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/2/1541/19906/17126515/45/god-of-war-20180406015056.jpg
Low quality jpeg aside you can tell it's beyond UC4 already.

I've heard pretty much nothing but positive things leading up to the embargo so I figured it would be >90 metacritic, but I was guessing more like 92. 94 on metacritic with 75 reviews and 95 on opencritic with 59 reviews is impressive, especially in this day and age where a I feel that reviewers are using a larger portion of the 1-10 scale. 94 ties it with the original God of War for highest scoring title in the series.

Seems to be another GOTY contender from Sony.

7 days left. I m gona skip the reviews, even just listening to them. Don't want to be spoiled some dialogues. Thank you Cory Balrog for bringing this masterpiece to this gen.
Everyone be careful of the reviews. Someone on a youtube vid advised just to listen at most to them but not watch. every subtle screen, environment, dialogue brings coherence to the world of the game and can jsut hint to any kind of spoiler.

7 days left. I m gona skip the reviews, even just listening to them. Don't want to be spoiled some dialogues. Thank you Cory Balrog for bringing this masterpiece to this gen.
Everyone be careful of the reviews. Someone on a youtube vid advised just to listen at most to them but not watch. every subtle screen, environment, dialogue brings coherence to the world of the game and can jsut hint to any kind of spoiler.

this review is spoiler free

I casually listened to the IGN review, without watching the video as I also want to go in as fresh as possible.

This seems to be the game that needs to be as un-spoiled as possible, considering the long history with the franchise and the complete change in story and gameplay.

Truly incredible reviews, I know it's gonna do great but not this much 10s :). Now let's see which one I should read first..

The reviews are insane.

Previously I wasn't really interested, as I didn't really click with the 3rd game, stopped a third of the way. Maybe it's because I never played the first 2, I couldn't figure out the main character's motives, obviously I was suposed to care about things from previous installments?

This one looks different. I'm definitely giving it a try. Let's hope it's not reliant on knowing everything about the other 3 games. Maybe I should read up a summary somewhere.

Too many games in 2018, haven't finished SotC, then only a few weeks to finish GoW before Detroit. Spiderman is this year? I didn't get monster hunter yet, didn't start FC5 and I really want to play AC, oh and there's a spyro remaster coming out of nowhere:runaway:

The reviews are insane.

Previously I wasn't really interested, as I didn't really click with the 3rd game, stopped a third of the way. Maybe it's because I never played the first 2, I couldn't figure out the main character's motives, obviously I was suposed to care about things from previous installements?

This one looks different. I'm definitely giving it a try. Let's hope it's not reliant on knowing everything about the other 3 games. Maybe I should read up a summary somewhere.

Too many games in 2018, haven't finished SotC, then only a few weeks to finish GoW before Detroit. Spiderman is this year? I didn't get monster hunter yet, didn't start FC5 and I really want to play AC, oh and there's a spyro remaster coming out of nowhere:runaway:

Spiderman is 7 September this year...

Do we have any frame rate test about PS4 Pro? Some reviews mention good 60 fps in performance mode. Is frame rate really so good?

Rock solid 1080p30 on base PS4
30+ [but rarely 60] on 1080p Framerate mode on Pro
and slight framedrops on 4K30 mode on Pro

Back