God of War [PS4, PC]

Yep. Because we all know millions of potential customers will avoid buying, even if people are saying it plays smoothly, on account of a DF technical article saying it drops frames. Look how shittly MHW has sold since DF dumped on it...
MHW is not a Sony exclusive. Your comparison is flawed. I am talking about the negative press Sony had for TLOUR Pro patch. We know DF often use any small pretext to make heavily negative articles in similar cases.

If GoW was uncapped, 50% of the article would only lament about that, and also most probably in the title and or subtitle. "God of war is beautiful but performance is awful" That would be bad press for Sony.

Last edited:
Haven't seen this one posted before sorry.

Interesting part at 2:00 explaning how you can match the different playstyle with the skills of theLeviathan. From agressive and offensive style to more defenssive to mid-range to long range type of gameplay.
I also would love to hear more about the latest difficulty as I am normal a player who only sticks to the normal to hard difficulty in action games. But if this one brings something interesting I might give a try. The only game i played and tried with highest difficulty was DMC series I think. I so hope the single campaign will be over 15 hours gameplay at first try.

Going through God of War 1-3 again by watching a streamer play them for the first time ever as he prepares for Dad of War.

And I have to say, my past memories of the series was HEAVILY HEAVILY tinted by rose tinted glasses. Kratos is an absolute bastard that deserves to die and refuses to take responsibility for his own actions. He killed Ares, despite Ares saving his life and allowing him to continue to kill men, women, and children. Everything Kratos wished for.

However, when two of the deaths ended up being his wife and child, suddenly it's all about Ares taking advantage of him and forcing him to do things. WTF? Up until Kratos saw who it was, he was quite happy to have killed the woman and child in that temple. !?!?!?!?!?!

And it only just gets worse and worse with a narcissistic villain as the player character. You would think that if he didn't want the Gods telling him what to do, he'd stop asking the God's to help him and make him more powerful. And to take away his memories of what he's done? And punish them when they don't? When it was he himself that voluntarily did all of it? How many hundreds or thousands of women and children had he killed before his wife and child? Is there even any regret for killing women and children other than his wife and child? Nope, he just keeps on killing women, although thankfully they don't show him killing any more children. :p

I think Kratos is the only main character I wish would just stop whining and die.

If there was a modern analog for Kratos, he'd probably have been either Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Mao Tse Tung. Except that would be an insult to Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. Despite their horrible ways in accomplishing things, they still wanted to do the best for their country even if it came at the expense of others. Kratos? He's in it for himself although he gives lip service about doing it for Sparta. But if push comes to shove, he'll gladly slaughter Spartans as well.

Ugh.

It's a shame that such a great game series has to have such a horrible and detestable protagonist.

Skipping cutscenes and dialog is definitely the best way to play this series.

Regards,
SB

A couple of directfeed captures of what's shown in the gameplay and trailer. Likely from standard PS4.
xizpo4dxgqdr.png

https://abload.de/img/kwcx1ggxco7g.jpg

Little comparison shot I found. E32016 vs probably retail version...
12 days left.... I wish I had a 4k TV but I probably won't pick one before the end of the year or even only when PS5 will come out.
I wonder how it will work with the PS4 pro supersampling enabled. As anyone tried it ? is it any good ?
2rpvbkw.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the lighting in the previous version and this comparison point out my confuse feeling about the game in the most recent footage : the new lighting system seems to be downgraded and there's a lack of depth (see the shadows).

Little comparison shot I found. E32016 vs probably retail version...
12 days left.... I wish I had a 4k TV but I probably won't pick one before the end of the year or even only when PS5 will come out.
I wonder how it will work with the PS4 pro supersampling enabled. As anyone tried it ? is it any good ?
2rpvbkw.jpg

it seems they indeed reduce the scene complexity/stuff/objects amounts.

eh the fur.... it looks even worse than shadow of colosus. Althogh in gow, i probably wont be staring at fur too much hhaa

It's not lighting downgrade or scene complexity downgrade, more like art direction and catering for the story key point. The E3 2016 build was just a compilation of specific events and mechanics devs wanted to show, where we can compare directly is texture quality, models, shaders at similar position. Just because some stuff isn't there in pic A doesn't mean it doesn't have more stuffs than pic B elsewhere.

We will see in the final game but i wonder if that "single shot" thing didn't induce lower assets because, according to the video posted on Youtube by SM, it was extremely challenging to do that and near impossible.

Last edited:
30fps is never going to be described as 'so so smooth'.
Huh?

if the FPS is pretty consistent then whether its 30fps or 45 FPS isnt all that important. GOW3 and ascension were always around 40 to 45 FPS and felt smoother than plain 30fps as a result...i can see that being the target for the uncapped mode on Pro.

I don't think the jaguar is powerful enough to make the game that is capped at 30 on PS4 run at 60 on Pro. it'll run higher but not to such an extent

We will see in the final game but i wonder if that "single shot" thing didn't induce lower assets because, according to the video posted on Youtube by SM, it was extremely challenging to do that and near impossible.
The way I see it the single shot with the camera always close to Kratos would mean nearby objects are always loaded with the highest quality since the engine doesn't have to worry about distant objects as much, whereas a pulled away cam would have to counting in more objects further away thus reducing LOD as a result? I think the difficulty of a single shot camera lies elsewhere perhaps when dealing with back and forth dialogue, scene changing or story elements.

I think the difficulty of a single shot camera lies elsewhere perhaps when dealing with back and forth dialogue, scene changing or story elements.

I would say it's because the game has no loading times. If you play the game in a single trait and you don't die, everything would be in real time until the end without any hidden loading mechanism. You will not see any black screen.

I would say it's because the game has no loading times. If you play the game in a single trait and you don't die, everything would be in real time until the end without any hidden loading mechanism. You will not see any black screen.
I'm pretty sure the game would be constantly streaming while you're playing seamlessly and creating checkpoints in the background. This shouldn't be too hard tho. But hey let's leave the proper comparison till we see more yeah :)?

I'm pretty sure the game would be constantly streaming while you're playing seamlessly and creating checkpoints in the background. This shouldn't be too hard tho. But hey let's leave the proper comparison till we see more yeah :)?

Indeed, but it's still the first game doing that.

For instance, Uncharted 4 used this trick :

Last edited:
Back