Far Cry 5 [PS4, XO]

Of course the first one was good but later it was somewhat degraded. From the offshoots to Far Cry 2 I found Primal the most interesting and I still have to see if I buy Far Cry 5.

Its right Far Cry 1 was the technically showpiece at that time.

The only thing worse than the forced cut scene kidnapping BS is when it happens in co-op. I hope Ubi makes these story missions choose-able when the player wants and then you get to some magic % in the region like now.

The only thing worse than the forced cut scene kidnapping BS is when it happens in co-op. I hope Ubi makes these story missions choose-able when the player wants and then you get to some magic % in the region like now.

Yeah, it's currently very clunky how it is handled. Especially for the ones in Jacob's region.

That's something they definitely need to work on for future games. I don't think making it a choice is necessarily the way to go. But they definitely need to make the transitions smoother and have some logical progression into and out of those key story missions.

Regards,
SB

The original Far Cry (basically the pre-cursor to Crysis) was far better than FC2.
I also really liked the original Far Cry, that massive open world utterly blew my mind and having so many options for dealing with enemies was amazing. Having experienced that at launch, it completely ruined the ratmaze layout that was Half-Life 2 that launched eight months later.

I aslo really liked Far Cry 2 but those respawning checkpoints were as egregiously bad as the number of patrols and vehicles that spawn in Far Cry 5 when you're two resistance levels out of three in any zone. I really liked Far Cry 3 as well and loved Primal. Far Cry 4 Is the only one I tired of really quickly, it seemed so much like a re-skinned Far Cry 3.

One review I read pointed out a problem that seems evident from footage, basically wildlife is CONSTANTLY spawning and attacking you always, to the point of major annoyance. I even saw one where as the player was killing one cougar, a 2nd spawned in view, in a supernatural cloud of green, about two meters away. Complete realism breaker, IMO spawns should never be in view.

Also many video showing the much more realistic physics engine on FC2, or even that FC4 seemingly typically has better graphics (!).

Not that I care, not buying this, and it does look good graphically IMO.

Also many video showing the much more realistic physics engine on FC2, or even that FC4 seemingly typically has better graphics (!).

FC4 has all around better graphics if you conveniently ignore all the aspects in which it doesn't. Lighting in particular looks a lot better in FC5.

Last edited:
One review I read pointed out a problem that seems evident from footage, basically wildlife is CONSTANTLY spawning and attacking you always, to the point of major annoyance. I even saw one where as the player was killing one cougar, a 2nd spawned in view, in a supernatural cloud of green, about two meters away. Complete realism breaker, IMO spawns should never be in view.

The green cloud is the hallucination, those animals were not real and were there to illustrate a story point.

I think what I remember most about FC4 is eagle attacks. And running down animals on foot so I could entertain myself with the amazing crafting gameplay stuff. It was stupid. That was the last game I bought. I figured after not liking FC2, 3 or 4 that maybe I should not buy them anymore. Some random dudes here always love them though so it's hard to maintain composure.

Far Cry 3 remaster is available for season pass holders. A bit more than 6GB.

Bare bones port, but on OG XB1 owners getting the short stick with 900P and sub-30fps. Still much better than last gen.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to respect the 360's FC3 achievements. At least they aren't enabled but I haven't started the game yet.

The 360 version is backwards compatible on XBO/XB1S/XBX. Runs at 30fps. No tearing. Still has achievements.
I don't think this Classic version was necessary for the Xbox platform. I consider it a step down on XBO/XB1S.

Hey guys! Does anyone still have this game? I need to play 3 quests (can be anything) with a friend on coop to unlock a stupid trophy. Help??

Back