Parsec,best solution to play multiplayer ever?Sp games have mp.No desync,less latency than native mp

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I discovered it after some colleagues, some of them successful youtubers who play arcade games because of their authentic love for them and are very gifted skilled players who go for the 1 credit clear goal, and play with other friends, started using it to play games on MAME or OpenBor games, which are games that weren't created with multiplayer in mind, of course, except local.

Their website says "Parsec uses its game streaming technology to let you access your gaming PC from anywhere and invite your friends to connect and play local multiplayer games online."

https://parsecgaming.com/

It may sound simple, but it lets you convert every single game under the sun into a multiplayer game, provided that the game allows for 2 or more players (yes, it accepts as many as you throw at it and the game allows), or even for a friend to play a game in your computer.

But it has MANY advantages over traditional multiplayer, even for games with built-in multiplayer:

- It's much faster and has less latency than the multiplayer of games built in with multiplayer mode. In fact it feels as if you are playing the game locally.

- No desyncs. If your friend at the other side lose their connection 'cos of a power cut or whatever, you just pause the game and wait for them to return, their gamepad/keyboard/mouse is kept as connected.

- Your friend/s don't need to have the game installed on their computer. They can just play on your machine using a iOS, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, or MacOS, Android, etc.

- They can play your MAME games, PC games, console emulator games, with you. Whichever game you want them to play with you. Windowed, Borderless or Full-Screen, whatever they choose.

- They don't have to configure anything on their end save to install the program. So they don't need to be MAME experts or GoG/Steam experts, nor use an emulator in their computer.

- You let them remotely use a gamepad of theirs in your machine (Windows installs your friend's Gamepad driver when you connect to them using the program, so it's treated as a local device in the host's machine), or a mouse or keyboard.

You choose which devices you want your friend to use on your PC.

How does the program achieve all those features? :smile2::)

Apparently it uses a feature only present in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (the only requirement is that the host's machine has one of those 2 OSes), which is that feature which gives you a peek on a small window at what your open apps are showing when you hover your mouse over the active Windows programs being shown in your taskbar.

Last edited:
thats the definition of a multiplayer game
I meant local multiplayer, but even if a game is single player only the other person can play on your computer any game you have using the program

I still don't get it how it can be fast? Internet is inherently Laggy
well, it's not lag free at all, but it runs better than native multiplayer because of the built-in streaming technology they use from a feature present on the OS. This video -action starts around the 40 minutes mark- shows that it works well with 4 players ever. That being said, the connection has to be mildly decent, 10MB at least.

well, it's not lag free at all, but it runs better than native multiplayer because of the built-in streaming technology they use from a feature present on the OS. This video -action starts around the 40 minutes mark- shows that it works well with 4 players ever. That being said, the connection has to be mildly decent, 10MB at least.

10 MBps at what latency? And to where? To some central server? To eaxh clients?

I use local Ps4 remoteplay daily and it already have lag, desoite my ping to ps4 only 1-2ms.

Its horrendous for fps. Stikl bearable for shadow of colossus.

I use local Ps4 remoteplay daily and it already have lag, desoite my ping to ps4 only 1-2ms.

what's your connection speed? The latency..., I couldnt measure it, but it is very slow. It uses an OS built-in feature to stream the image to the other computer. It is peer to peer, there is no server involved. If you don't have a machine to play certain games, Parsec lets you rent a server where you can install games and software and play them remotely from a phone, PC, Mac, etc.

This video below was recorded using Parsec, only a single machine was running the game. There are 4 players, and one of them is playing overseas (I live in Europe). The game requires precision and the lag doesn't seem to be pronounced.

gotta add that there are some specific games that work best using the native multiplayer, like Mario Kart. The issue with using Parsec with Mario Kart to play online is not the lag itself but the fact that the local multiplayer in Mario Kart is split screen so you lose detail and it's better to play it full screen using the native mp mode of the game.

Back