Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

I think apart from me at least two in this forum had bigger spaceships.
I'm thinking more along the line of the large Hull model like the E or D . I am thinking of if we could actually run an ORG for B3D.

I have an Orion and Starfarer that I can use to make the ORG money but in the case of the orion it be good if someone else has one too and we have at least an E or D hull to transfer the refined ore. We could actually be a successful ORG

The Reclaimer is the best ship I have seen so far.

UHD screenshots: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8LBi2A

One example
6 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr
It looks even better than I've expected ^^

I'm thinking more along the line of the large Hull model like the E or D . I am thinking of if we could actually run an ORG for B3D.

I have an Orion and Starfarer that I can use to make the ORG money but in the case of the orion it be good if someone else has one too and we have at least an E or D hull to transfer the refined ore. We could actually be a successful ORG

Hull is the quickest way to make money. They have almost finished the Hull C but they still have technical problems with all the containers and the collapse where they already have an idea how to solve this. With the Orion one definitely needs fellow players or AI if CIG can make them smart enough.

From the bigger ships I currently have the Carrack (which I could convert into Reclaimer, Crusible, Hull D, Endeavor or Banu Merchantman by CCU)

I already have an Org but that doesn't would stop me from participating.

EDIT:

Found a video:

There's still some cordoned off areas.

Last edited:
Yea I don't know what everyones plans on for ORGS are. I figure we have another 2 years anyway. I was just trying to figure out what to do. Hull C is good but your going to loose some money from buying your cargo. With Orions we can mine the ore , have the Hulls transport it to ports for money and by the time they get back we could have another load.

My fleet

Freelancer
Super hornet
Aurora LN
Mustang Delta
Mustang Omega
Sabre Raven
Starfarer
Orion
Vulcan
Constellation Andromeda

I also have unapplied upgrades
Starfarer Gemini
Freelancer MSI

I also still have about $75 in gift cards after buying the Vulcan .

I am waiting to see what happens with the Avenger and Mustang revamps. I may melt the aurora and grab the avenger before it jumps in price. I am also not sure if the Super hornet is for me. If the prospector or reclaimer come up for a sale again I may upgrade the super hornet to one of those.

I have a 300i... and that's all :D

I had a lot more that I sold off when my group of friends gave up on the game. I had an idris at one point.

You may want to check on CCUing that 300i to something more of jack of all trades if that is the only ship your going to have. A mustang or avenger

Cross Chassis Upgrade. You can convert one spaceship to another for the same amount or more.

The 300 series will be remade again. I wouldn't change anything before that. The Mustang is also being remade and I like what I have seen so far.

I am waiting to see what happens with the Avenger and Mustang revamps. I may melt the aurora and grab the avenger before it jumps in price. I am also not sure if the Super hornet is for me. If the prospector or reclaimer come up for a sale again I may upgrade the super hornet to one of those.

One does not need an Aurora if you have a Mustang. Melt the Hornet or something and get a Reclaimer. ^^ The larger the ships the better the price-performance ratio. You probably made the best catch with the Orion.

Ah ok, I believe I did that from the Aurora to the 300i some time ago. I wasn't really worried too much about what ship I was going to start with, the intent was to begin the game in a crappy ship and gradually work my way to new ships.

There is a 3.2 Feature Survey (what they should prioritize -> must be registered)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16468-Alpha-32-Feature-Survey

Alpha 3.2 Feature Survey

As the team prepares to release the Alpha 3.1 patch of the Persistent Universe to a wider selection of backers, we wanted to take an opportunity to use what we’ve learned from this first quarterly release and reassess development priorities, with feedback from you, the players.

If you’ve been following along with our public Roadmap, the producers, directors, and leads have prioritized the introduction of major profession-based mechanics (like mining, salvage, and manual repair) into each quarterly release, along with improvements to gameplay features introduced in Alpha 3.0 and 3.1 (like quantum travel and service beacons.) While these mechanics have the potential to introduce new ways to play and expand the functionality of certain ships, they require extensive development resources and take time to fine-tune to make sure they balance with the other mechanics that already exist in the game. Part of what we learned through this latest release cycle was that existing elements in the game weren’t getting adjustments and improvements that would improve usability and polish because the resources that would do this work were focusing on implementing the brand new mechanics on the Roadmap. As we feel like this has been short changing the current game experience, we’ve decided to adjust our efforts to dedicate some of our resources to improve and expand the existing features, while making sure that new profession-based mechanics are as polished and playable as possible. Basically, we want to ensure that what’s there is as refined and fun as it can be, before we add too much more.

That’s where you come in.

As we shuffle the features and mechanics, we wanted to know which features you are most excited about seeing implemented, improved and refined. Below you’ll find brief descriptions of the feature improvements on our schedule, we invite you to weigh in on which of these features you would rate as top three priorities to get into the game.

Feature Improvements

Quantum Linking

This feature gives players the ability to sync up with their friends when making quantum jumps. Aside from making grouped multi-ship travel possible, Quantum Linking also helps if you are interdicted, as the friends you brought along with you can help. This system will be used in tandem with AI or player-created missions through the service beacon, so the people hired to help will be linked to you when they jump.

Improved Interdiction

Work on this feature will create a variety of different interdiction scenarios for players, as well as provide the opportunity to trap other players and AI Non-Player Characters using a Quantum Jammer that can be added as a ship component or deployed in a self-powered buoy, like a mine.

Service Beacon Improvements

The Service Beacon will expand and evolve to include new contract types, additional filters, and more feedback precision. AI characters will be able to interface with the system so that they too will be able to request help and provide assistance to others, which will in turn increase both how much of this type of “immediate” content we can offer at any given time, as well as the likelihood that someone – whether player or Non-Player Character – will be drawn to respond to your calls for support.

First Tier of Guilds & Associations

We are going to create member associations within the Universe that give players different benefits. These will ultimately include the Bounty Hunter’s Guild, Merchant’s Guild, etc., but there will also be member-based services, themed to fit different player types. For example, the United Wayfarers Club provides repair and refuel assistance for pilots broken down in space and also grants discounts for these services at CryAstro.

Party System

These improvements will improve the player’s ability to create groups, allowing you to team up with friends to join the same game instance and cooperate on jobs and missions.

Team Chat

Improvements to the team chat system that will polish communication between players and make the experience more robust and intuitive. Work on this system will also begin to factor in the incorporation of Spectrum into the game.

Economy/Shopping UI Experience

The feature includes the implementation of Shopping Kiosks in the stores and increased variation of available products, including ship items and weapons not physically available to display (or even buy) in stores.

Item 2.0 Ship Systems and Weapons

Feature work would include finalizing Item 2.0 functionality that, allows them to overheat, misfire and suffer critical failures based on factors such as increased wear or damage. It would also introduce deeper functionality to upgradeable items so new power plants, shields, coolers, stealth and comms/radar all make a marked difference to the ship’s performance based on how they are configured.

FPS AI Combat

The first stage of getting combat AI into the Persistent Universe. This would expand mission types by introducing the risk that an AI could be waiting to ambush you on a distant moon, or in a hulk drifting in space.

[Select your highest priority, second highest priority and third highest priority. You can also select one profession-based mechanic (salvage, repair, refuel) that should be prioritized for 3.2, however, mining will still have the highest priority and you cannot vote on that decision.]

As mining will be the primary profession-based mechanic introduced in Alpha 3.2, we would like to know which of these three gameplay mechanics you would like to see implemented next. Your feedback will help us decide how to prioritize them for future releases in order to make room for these continued quality of life improvements.
Salvage Systems: The ability to scavenge materials from wrecked ships you’ve destroyed yourself or discovered.

Repair Systems: The ability to repair your own ship, or use a repair vessel to help others, either for free or for a contract fee.

Refuel Systems: The ability to gather and transport fuel, with the options to sell it to other players, and use it to remotely refuel ships using associated technology.

Patch 3.1 should be released next week including a few new vehicles

Trailer in UHD

F1 like ship

Anvil Terrapin - With a bit of Squadron 42 environment and music

Reclaimer

Space bike

Ground vehicle

KSAR_Scalpel_StarCitizen.jpg

I've updated a few Reclaimer screenshots because some were wrong (clipping errors with red light). Some pictures still have the error that I might correct later.

Last edited:
Cross Chassis Upgrade. You can convert one spaceship to another for the same amount or more.

The 300 series will be remade again. I wouldn't change anything before that. The Mustang is also being remade and I like what I have seen so far.

One does not need an Aurora if you have a Mustang. Melt the Hornet or something and get a Reclaimer. ^^ The larger the ships the better the price-performance ratio. You probably made the best catch with the Orion.
Yea the aurora would be melted to an avenger I think. I don't know what else I would need for my fleet. The aurora and super hornet have LTI so I would try and CCU to other ships to keep it.
my fle
Ah ok, I believe I did that from the Aurora to the 300i some time ago. I wasn't really worried too much about what ship I was going to start with, the intent was to begin the game in a crappy ship and gradually work my way to new ships.

The 300i even with a redesign is still just a fighter. So if you want to do cargo runs or bounty hunting you would need a different ship. That's the only reason I mentioned it. The 300i may be a really hard ship to make money with in the verse

They haven't fixed those thrusters on the terrapin yet? (I'm lazy, I haven't watched the linked youtube vid.)

And the wheels on that Cyclone car? Unsprung weight... Wow. That car running on uneven rocky ground for 2 kilometers, the wheels would have been pounded into absolute junk. :p Tires exist to soften impacts (and for terrain vehicles, mould around the ground to improve grip and traction).

This car is clearly modeled by someone who knows as much about terrain vehicles as the person who modeled the terrapin knows about rockets and physics... :p

I"m wondering if I should just get the prospector and forget the reclaimer. Prospector will open up solo play for mining. The reclaimer is going to be a huge multiplayer reclamation ship

And the wheels on that Cyclone car? Unsprung weight... Wow. That car running on uneven rocky ground for 2 kilometers, the wheels would have been pounded into absolute junk. :p Tires exist to soften impacts (and for terrain vehicles, mould around the ground to improve grip and traction).

The plates on the wheels should also be able to extend later. It'll look like shovels.

I don't know what they're for yet. In any case, these plates should also be able to extend. Does that really help with swimming? ^^

I"m wondering if I should just get the prospector and forget the reclaimer. Prospector will open up solo play for mining. The reclaimer is going to be a huge multiplayer reclamation ship

That's your decision. For me, the optics inside the spaceship is the most important factor. It makes everything even more fun. But instead of depending on a group you can earn money with the Prospector by yourself.

__
The volumetric lighting has a very high-resolution, has few artifacts and is soft as well. It also works with various light sources such as lamps (spotlights) etc. It only needs smoke.

56 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

Last edited:
Of course I know them. But would that work on a car which should not go down in the first place. If it goes down, even such a drive won't help anything.

By the way, I like the look of those ships. They have something unique and "romantic" if one can say it so.

Last edited:
I haven't re-installed this game since 2015, because at the time the downloads and patches were huge. How's this game coming along to you guys?

Wait until they have replaced some of the annoying and outdated Cryengine code for a fresh experience. Their entity spawning is still been synchronous and they are working on fixing it. This takes time because otherwise more mistakes will come in. This video was also about the problem:

For example, if the player calls a ship it currently stops everything and concentrates only on the ship. With the asynchronous approach (which should have been standard in modern engines for a long time) the ship could be loaded in the background while the rest of the game continues to run normally. When the ship is fully loaded and ready for display, the call is terminated and the ship arrives at the landing site.

Patches have already become much smaller. The Patcher only looks for the files that have been changed (not the whole PAK-file).

Last edited:
Back