Shadow of the Tomb Raider [XO, PS4, PC]

That's just my opinion of course. Here's the thing: Even though I didn't think the reboot was brilliant, I do remember a ton of scenes, story beats, set pieces and so on and so forth. It was also an extremely well paced game if you ask me. I remember next to nothing from RotTR on the other hand. It was really pretty I guess.

TR was awesome, RotTR was forgettable imho, bordering on tedious.
Hope they can correct their trajectory

They need interesting characters and story. Lara is just a bore and so are all her forgettable friend. They should also ditch the Ubisoft collect-a-thon stuff.

I totally disliked the bad acting, the fake drama, and the uninteresting characters.
Every character in the game was made to highlight how special Lara is, either it was a friend or foe. When Lara was the one to show off her intelligence her revelations were silly and automatic.
Silly "hard" situations were placed to make us feel more related to Lara. But with such pacing and over the top drama it had the opposite effect.
The main villain in ROTR was unconvincing and was made to act in inexplicable ways just to show off how "evil" he is. Like that eye gouging part. It made no sense. And while he was at it he was saying "go easy" to his victim. Totally reduntant dialoques.
Also the game had serious pacing issues. Cinematic scenes were thrown at every opportunity.

Such a shame considering how nice were the graphics and the gameplay was decent. It really had some amazing work and production values.

Lets see if they fix it this time

I totally disliked the bad acting, the fake drama, and the uninteresting characters.
Every character in the game was made to highlight how special Lara is, either it was a friend or foe. When Lara was the one to show off her intelligence her revelations were silly and automatic.
Silly "hard" situations were placed to make us feel more related to Lara. But with such pacing and over the top drama it had the opposite effect.
The main villain in ROTR was unconvincing and was made to act in inexplicable ways just to show off how "evil" he is. Like that eye gouging part. It made no sense. And while he was at it he was saying "go easy" to his victim. Totally reduntant dialoques.
Also the game had serious pacing issues. Cinematic scenes were thrown at every opportunity.

Such a shame considering how nice were the graphics and the gameplay was decent. It really had some amazing work and production values.

Lets see if they fix it this time
I'm not sure if some parts of your message apply to the whole reboot or just to ROTR.

Oh also that "sixth sense" ability should be abandoned. It is made to be essential for gameplay and it encourages you to abuse it. The game begs you to let it take you by the hand.

I'm not sure if some parts of your message apply to the whole reboot or just to ROTR.
I was talking about the second game but except for the villain everything else can also largely or partially apply to the previous game.

I hope there is going to be less shooting and more exploration, secrets and tombs. Keeping the modern gameplay of 2013, obviously, except with more exploration and sense of discovering like the first on PS1.

There wasn't much people in the first. I think there was even more dinos than humans !

• Lara is visiting Samantha in Japan as 7 days out there will be a solar eclipse there.
  • Lara then finds a VHS in one of her dad's secret stashes, labelled Eclipse of the Moon Princess
  • *Story DLC* Learn how Lara embarks on a mission to find a functional VHS player that doesn't cost her a literal fortune on eBay!
  • Samantha is revealed to be the reincarnation of the Moon Princess, and that Himiko was her Earthly rival (being the Sun Queen and all)
  • It is also revealed that the two souls are meant to battle during solar eclipses over Japan
  • Without Himiko, the seemingly evil Sun Queen from the first game (who was later banished to a mirror in the comics), the Moon Kingdom would win and would thus usher in eternal darkness on the Earth (until the next battle/eclipse over Japan)
  • Trinity is after Sam and the mirror. CONFLICT.
  • Samantha's Moon side shows more and more as the week goes on, and Lara is dramatically and intensely conflicted.
  • Lara becomes a Priestess of the Sun and then shatters the mirror containing Himiko, who then partly possesses Lara, and they are transported to the moon to fight evil Moon Princess Samantha.
  • In the ensuing battle, Lara/Himiko is in a state of space dementia and confesses her true love for Samantha and realizes that the harmony between the two would solve the problem
  • During the end credits - Lara and Sam marry and retire to Saskatchewan whilst showing off TressFX & L'Oreal adverts
  • Post-Credits - Jonah digitally enhances, recovers and watches the last part of the VHS and he goes wide-eyed and says "OH NO". The voice of Lord Croft is heard repeating an ancient proverb "A shadow cannot be cast without the Sun." DUN DUN DUN
  • SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER
Interesting plot detail I like it :), in fact I don't mind a The Ring vs Tomb Raider cross over especially with the prospect of Lara coming out. You really put some thought into it didn't you?

For the new game I hope they improve the lighting and get some proper PBR in, Rise is a nice looking game but often time the lighting falls flat and the specularity is all kind of wrong.Also less shooting, less markers and more exploring, tomb raiding.

Lol at "gameplay footage". Not so much due to visual quality, but the fact we're now calling barely interactive cut-scenes gameplay.

For the lazy ;)

I think there is some 4K variants out there, but I don't think anyone will care until we see more.

Not much, really.

I don't know if I'm asking too much, but I would like this "last" reboot game to connect somehow with the events of the first Tomb Raider. I know we already have 3 canons, but I hope they manage to do it one way or another.

Back