Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Well, I'm assuming one wouldn't do particularly well in any version of Wipeout when drunk. Hurling your insides out is just icing on the cake.

in my experience, speed has never been much of a contributor to motion sickness, though.

Last edited:
Question: is there a good and preferably cheap method of sending the PS4's HDMI signal to 2 sources without losing the HDR signal. Also without causing any delay (which I'd assume would be nasty in VR)? Right now I have to fiddle around with the stupid plugs whenever I want to use VR because the little processor box doesn't support HDR passthrough

Question: is there a good and preferably cheap method of sending the PS4's HDMI signal to 2 sources without losing the HDR signal. Also without causing any delay (which I'd assume would be nasty in VR)? Right now I have to fiddle around with the stupid plugs whenever I want to use VR because the little processor box doesn't support HDR passthrough
Good as in possible yes. Just get a compatible splitter or switch and use 2 inputs from the TV.

Cheap? Not really. HDMI 1.4 splitters/switches are really cheap, about $10 or so.
HDMI 2.0a (you need the "a" even for 10bit HDR YUV420) splitters/switches with HDCP 2.2 are about 4x more expensive. At least in the EU.

And beware because a ton of switches announce 4K compatibility but then it's only the 4K 30Hz supported on HDMI 1.4.

Found out that splitters are a bad idea. Thanks to the HDCP handshake, the PS4 will always default to whatever the lowest common denominator settings of all the connected devices are. In my case that would be the PSVR. Only way to get around the issue would be to unplug the PSVR box from the mains or from the splitter. Kinda defeats the purpose. A switch on the other hand should work as the tv is only shaking hands with one device at a time.

Found out that splitters are a bad idea. Thanks to the HDCP handshake, the PS4 will always default to whatever the lowest common denominator settings of all the connected devices are.
Some splitters can have only one output configured to make the handshake (e.g. output 1 does the handshake).
That way you can have the direct connection to the HDR TV as handshake output and it'll always work. It could go bonkers if the PS4 tried to send a HDR signal to the PSVR box, but whenever you set PSVR on the PS4 itself will refrain from trying to send a HDR signal to the TV. So it's all good.

ugh... Ace combat VR still gone dark...

and im feeling super lonely and banda namco still hasnt released summer lesson episode 2 and 3 in asia. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH i should have bought moss!

Back