Dig gets realistic, I need a new HDD...

If you insist on internal 3.5" HDD for backup then it probably won't be used all the time like your main HDD, so I recommend one of these so your backup HDD doesn't get frequently powered on/off without being used:
http://ca.orico.cc/goods.php?id=5960
1. Why not just leave an SATA data and power cable dangling out the side of the case?
2. I don't turn my computer off except to reboot or upgrade.

Besides, I'm pretty sure I have a SATA USB docking bay around here somewhere if need be...just gotta dig a bit.

1. Why not just leave an SATA data and power cable dangling out the side of the case?
2. I don't turn my computer off except to reboot or upgrade.
1. Your cat may want to play with them.
2. Then after X minutes your inactive backup HDD will stop spinning and power down, only to be powered up due to a brief access by a random program or windows subsystem (usually for nothing), then after X minutes it will stop spinning and power down again only to be woken up again, and the spin-up/down/up/down cycle goes on. But you can make Windows never turn the HDD off. Or maybe that doesn't affect the HDD lifespan and I'm just being paranoid.

Cats, we currently have 4 and there's 2 eating food out of a bowl I keep on the front porch living in a warm box I put out this winter. :p

It's not gonna be an inactive drive, I'm gonna use it. I just felt my current HDD with my important stuff is gonna fail soon, copying it all over now. :)

Cats, we currently have 4 and there's 2 eating food out of a bowl I keep on the front porch living in a warm box I put out this winter. :p
Dawww, you mean two additional kitties to the 4 you already have? Are they feral? (Anyway, cats will eat food if you put food out for them... They're funny that way! :D Or well, maybe raccoons will, in Merica. We don't have those over here.)

Btw, 4 cats... Wow. I'd love to have a house with a lot of (very well-behaved and cuddly) kitties. :) Alas, won't happen. Not this life around anyway.

Well, 3 that are all fuzzy/warm/adjusted house cats who freely roam the house and hang/play together. Two are a bonded pair we got from the humane society about 2 years ago, the other is the white "feral" one that my Dad found and I took in. He's become an angel and him and the other two get along great.

Simon is the new cat, and he was my sister's and then my step-father's and then my mother's after he passed. After he passed she asked us to take him in since she wasn't good with cats, and MAN she ain't kidding! I ain't never inherited a weirder/more broken in the head cat before in my life! He's been totally isolated from other cats his whole life and is comfortable around dogs, but our dogs aren't comfortable around cats and our cats want to be his very bestest friend and it's been hard as hell to get him over the fact that they're not monsters trying to kill him.

We've had him separated from the others for almost a year now, it's getting ridiculous and it's a bloody pain in the ass!

The cats are all great though, it is nice when they jump up and sit on my lap or hang around or tear up all over the house chasing each other like psychos. The three are all still pretty young, and Seren (the white "feral" my dad stuck me with and who has totally stolen my heart) is REALLY digging learning how to be a house cat and live inside. He goes out for walks in the backyard which is fenced and loves it, but never tries to escape.

Also had 3 dogs,we're down to two as of about a month ago. We lost Lulu after only about 13-1/2 years. Her sister survives her along with her adoptive sister who's also the same age, and it's just sort of hard with them right now since they're getting old and I take every day with 'em as a blessing and have been spoiling the hell out of 'em. :)

I like animals, I like 'em a lot. I think they add a whole lot of happy to a family and I'm just used to always having a couple of dogs or cats or both and can't picture it any other way. My dream is to adopt an entire litter of puppies and raise them all.

The outdoor cats I'm not sure about yet. There's Cali who is a tortoise shell who's been living in the warm box and eating regularly on the porch, and I THINK she might have kittens since I once saw her standing guard while a younger grey kitten was eating from the food bowl. The bowls are right by our front door and there are windows for our cats to stand in and stare at the cats outside and vice/versa. Entertainment all around. :)

Back