Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Kickstarted, from a Czech studio [PS4,XO]

Asking if a game is fun doesn't belong in technical discussion threads; that question properly belongs in the game thread.

You should also beware of facist mods, they just might ban you next time instead of warning you about such outburst.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;
    irony;
    cynicism
    "well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

It's the internet, you must use the tag /s

Anyway, is this game have seamless transistor between zones and outdoor / indoor? Is there interesting physics to spruce up the game play? Like basketball with vegetables in skyrim.

Does the AI act properly with the physics?

This games seems like chasing for the "realism".

It's the internet, you must use the tag /s

Anyway, is this game have seamless transistor between zones and outdoor / indoor? Is there interesting physics to spruce up the game play? Like basketball with vegetables in skyrim.

Does the AI act properly with the physics?

This games seems like chasing for the "realism".
Seamless indoor outdoor yes. People wander in and out. Lighting changes between indoor and outdoor are amazing. Towns / castles are fully open to the countryside too.

You can't manipulate objects aside from full body pickup and drop. There's no grab button like in Bethesda games. At least not that I've figured out. However, if you walk over bodies, you bump them around. They are fully ragdoll. Deaths are interesting and varied too. Definitely going for realism with impact physics, bleeding, one shot and such. Localized injuries. People can be knocked out with head hits. You don't launch anyone into the air in this game.

The AI does well with the environment. They inform allies of enemies and they work together. The archers sometimes do some friendly fire lol.

Last edited:
Definitely going for realism with impact physics, bleeding, one shot and such. Localized injuries. People can be knocked out with head hits. You don't launch anyone into the air in this game.

The AI does well with the environment. They inform allies of enemies and they work together. The archers sometimes do some friendly fire lol.

Whoa. Is it even possible to disarm enemy? For example, by shooting their arm when they hold sword?

When they friendly fire, what happen? The AI just continue like nothing happens?

Whoa. Is it even possible to disarm enemy? For example, by shooting their arm when they hold sword?

When they friendly fire, what happen? The AI just continue like nothing happens?
You can injure their arm and you can cause damage to their weapon, reducing their ability to attack you. I'm not sure if you can outright disarm them, but they may surrender or try to flee if you are crushing them. I'm still figuring these things out. You can intimidate them in various ways, including your combat ability, gear and various perks. Hearsay might even be a factor.

Usually friendly fire slows them down but they typically don't go attack their ally. Friendly fire could certainly kill them if the archer is a badass or they bleed out. The friendly fire could cripple them if it hits an arm or leg.

Last edited:
Bandit swordsmen are in quite a pickle when an intrepid archer manages to jump onto a normally inaccessible roof. ;) I had to figure out a way to deal with this 5 on 1 situation and this worked.

Though shortly thereafter I was ended in style by a badass knight and his archer buddy. He threw a spear at my horse before I could dismount it. Got thrown off and then got my ass handed to me by the duo. I coulda taken that knight down if not for the arrows coming in.

Enemies can lie in wait so well in this game. The environment and the lighting work well.

Last edited:
Maybe on PC then. I don't know who is to blame, but almost all Cryengine games have very bad performances on console.

Prey ran fairly well. So did Evolved. So did Ryse. So did Robinson. And compared to similarly complex open world rpgs (no, Horizon and Assassin's Creed really do not qualify), so does Kingdom Come Deliverance. Heck, the Witcher had its fair share of issues upon its launch as well, and in terms of NPC behaviors, the Witcher was nowhere near as complex.

Seems to be a remarkably well liked game by those who play it. I'm looking (maybe) for something to jump into on destiny hiatus, was thinking Fallout 4 but now considering this (if I get anything that is). I'm leaning single player RPG anyway which both are obviously.

$60 is too steep but i got a $25 gift card coming my way from credit card rewards and some other minor discounts. Can maybe get out the door for 30 bucks after card.

My biggest gripe is honestly the crap visuals and animation. I mean they suffice but I'm a huge believer that impressive visual really enhance a game experience. I get that this just doesn't have the budget.

I understand the creator is controversial on reset era for politically incorrect positions I guess, just looking at his wikipedia doesn't look like he actually said anything wrong, but when has that ever stopped anybody.
My only point is if the game is good I'd like to see him get a deal with a publisher and large funding and make a good game like this but also with great graphics, but I wonder if it's a case no pub will touch him.

Seems to be a remarkably well liked game by those who play it. I'm looking (maybe) for something to jump into on destiny hiatus, was thinking Fallout 4 but now considering this (if I get anything that is). I'm leaning single player RPG anyway which both are obviously.

$60 is too steep but i got a $25 gift card coming my way from credit card rewards and some other minor discounts. Can maybe get out the door for 30 bucks after card.

My biggest gripe is honestly the crap visuals and animation. I mean they suffice but I'm a huge believer that impressive visual really enhance a game experience. I get that this just doesn't have the budget.

I understand the creator is controversial on reset era for politically incorrect positions I guess, just looking at his wikipedia doesn't look like he actually said anything wrong, but when has that ever stopped anybody.
My only point is if the game is good I'd like to see him get a deal with a publisher and large funding and make a good game like this but also with great graphics, but I wonder if it's a case no pub will touch him.
yeah, the visual, especially the animation, is crap .

but then i remembered playing Skyrim for hour and it have crappy animation, interaction, visual.

Animations are so-so I'd say. You have beautifully done cut-scenes and great looking one-on-one duels. Where it fails (and where games like Doom and Breath or the Wild succeed so beautifully) is at transitioning between one animation and the next. Very robotic looking. Just like Bethesda games basically. Animal behavior can also look rather ridiculous. Doesn't matter whether it's hares or pigs, inertia isn't really a thing here. Everything and everyone can turn on a time and in groups they often scatter around like roaches as a result.

Everyone slightly right to Marx himself is basically free game now these days ;)

yeah, the visual, especially the animation, is crap .
I've seen lots of screens and videos and I fail to see the crappy visuals... :-S Well, I've seen some ridiculously low res textures here and there, but I think the game is beautiful. Maybe it's just because I like forests and castles? XD

The animations could use some improvement, that is obvious, though.

Forests look splendid. Just about the only thing I'd consider piss-poor looking is the rain effects. Not the effect rain has on surfaces mind you, but the droplets themselves. Cheapest looking effect since Xenoblade Chronicles on New3DS. It looks like a screen overlay comprised of a bunch of layers of low-res alpha textures.

Forests look splendid. Just about the only thing I'd consider piss-poor looking is the rain effects. Not the effect rain has on surfaces mind you, but the droplets themselves. Cheapest looking effect since Xenoblade Chronicles on New3DS. It looks like a screen overlay comprised of a bunch of layers of low-res alpha textures.
Yeah, the rain isn't pretty. Especially the scene in the beginning of the game where Henry is on his back and the rain splashes on his face. It looks N64-ish.

Back