Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Kickstarted, from a Czech studio [PS4,XO]

The more I watch this game being played, the more impressed I am. The dialog in this game is head and shoulders above pretty much any other game currently on the market. It's a remarkable accomplishment. The voice acting is also extremely good for the most part.

If only I didn't like open world games, I'd seriously be tempted to buy this. IMO, best open world game released in years. I would, however, wait until all or most of the bugs are patched out. Also, definitely wouldn't play it on anything other than PC just to be able to mod in the ability to save whenever you want.

Regards,
SB

The more I watch this game being played, the more impressed I am. The dialog in this game is head and shoulders above pretty much any other game currently on the market. It's a remarkable accomplishment. The voice acting is also extremely good for the most part.

If only I didn't like open world games, I'd seriously be tempted to buy this. IMO, best open world game released in years. I would, however, wait until all or most of the bugs are patched out. Also, definitely wouldn't play it on anything other than PC just to be able to mod in the ability to save whenever you want.

Regards,
SB

So...you don’t like the game?

KC doesn't treat its open world like a mere playground for the player. Distances feel right, and since you do not unlock a fast travel point every 10 steps you actually need (or should) use the horse. Also loving how dark the nights are in this game. In the Witcher, night is so bright and stylistically hightened that it's almost easier to see because the contrasts are much less harsh. (they fixed this in the blood and wine add-on)

KC doesn't treat its open world like a mere playground for the player. Distances feel right, and since you do not unlock a fast travel point every 10 steps you actually need (or should) use the horse. Also loving how dark the nights are in this game. In the Witcher, night is so bright and stylistically hightened that it's almost easier to see because the contrasts are much less harsh. (they fixed this in the blood and wine add-on)
Well, some hours before you wrote this commentary, I've watched the video below and what I noticed in this game is that the distances feel right! I had the same feeling as you and thought "I am going to comment that on Beyond3D later".

I mean, not just the physical distance, but the actual feeling of being there. Say, in my favourite open world games (RDR, Skyrim, The Witcher 3), maybe because of the 3rd person camera view, I feel kinda disconnected as if the character glides through the scenario -this is somehow mitigated with Skyrim 1st person view, but even so it's not the same-.

However, this game feels fine in that sense, there isn't a distortion of the perception of reality, something that I feel in many games, where the camera looks ok at the center, but everything on the sides feels as it is elongated. The only thing I thought was not as good in this game is the chimney's smoke, maybe it was the quality settings of the user, but it seemed like the smoke was choppily animated --say like in Ryse Xbox One version, the animated fire framerate-. Other than that, this game is in my must have list, sooner or later, because I love the setting. The Witcher 3 with this engine...one can only dream. Which engine does Kingdom Come Deilverance use?

I've been playing this for a decent chunk of time now, and even though it makes me feel like an abused spouse every now and then, I'm absolutely loving it. Thankfully I haven't had many problems with glitches, but maybe I've just been lucky. The complaints I'm hearing from other players sound pretty serious.
Fine looking game as well, even on the OG PS4. (cleanest 900p ever) Sure, it's no Horizon or Uncharted 4, but for such a massive RPG coming from a comparably small team no less it's pretty darn impressive looking. The open world jank here is roughly comparable with other massive open world games, so maybe waiting another two weeks for the big performance/stability patch would be a good idea.

I'm already at about 20 hours and that's basically record play per day for me. This is probably the first open world RPG that I'm truly enjoying. And I love the visuals. The lighting and environment in general are very impressive to me. They nailed the look of the forests and the countryside.

Fascinating combat systems. But I have a feeling it's more complex than most people want to deal with. Everything about this game has surprisng depth to it.

Wonkyness that comes to mind is the horse getting stuck in place occasionally. Save and reload. Some conversation trees have redundancy that is weird. Occasionally have people walk through you in cutscenes. Shadowing tends to flicker at distance. The challenges of open world LOD. But that's all I can think of seeing. It has never crashed, which is more than I can say for Horizon or Bethesda games.

The NPC AI is interesting. I like how they watch you when you're on their property. And recognize that you are becoming threatening. Lots of behaviors. This is of course an aspect that can never be good enough though. Waiting for the day I can steal brains and integrate them into my game system. :)

Last edited:
It seems the dev forgot to release it in Asia region.. Just like raw data's developer...

If they finally released it on Asia, hopefully after much bug fixes, hopefully they didn't forgot to put it on sale on various sale events

Saving isn't as difficult to achieve as some think. There are various ways to save. Saviour Schnapps are available at a variety of places and can also be brewed. You can also sleep on a variety of beds and it occasionally saves during quests.

All they've done is try to make quicksaving cost something so you try not to go nuts with it.

Do wish it had save on quit.

Last edited:
But...is it fun?
The saving aspect? It doesnt bother me enough to mod it out. Just like the bow's lack of crosshair isn't so unbearable. I saw a mod for that too.

I'm getting pretty stocked up on quicksave juice anyway. I found some in a box in the woods out of the blue. It's really not that hard to get tthe stuff.

It's Cryengine.
not taking advantage of the opportunity after a great game is released. I always defended this, and always will. Just gotta say that I always thought Cryengine was the superior engine by far. Compared to Unreal engine and so on. Maybe it was the way they showcased it, the art style which seemed to be the same regardless of the game -say Gears and Too Human. Homefront, etc-, it had that distinctive feeling to it.

But when I played Crysis 2 and it had superior features, or Ryse.... one could easily see the huge potential in it.

I always defended this, and always will. Just gotta say that I always thought Cryengine was the superior engine by far.

Maybe on PC then. I don't know who is to blame, but almost all Cryengine games have very bad performances on console.

The game in general.

Sorry. Some fascist mod moved my post here out of context. :runaway:

Asking if a game is fun doesn't belong in technical discussion threads; that question properly belongs in the game thread.

You should also beware of facist mods, they just might ban you next time instead of warning you about such outburst.

MOD EDIT: Sending a PM to any single moderator telling them to go fuck themselves is a sure fire way to convince all the other moderators that you were not sarcastic at all and do not deserve to participate on the forums.

Last edited:
Back