XBox One Backwards Compatibility and Xbox One X Enhancements for X360 and OG (XO XOX BC)

Is that the original Prey or the completely unrelated but same named Prey 2017?

Yeah, I didnt think they made the new Prey on X360, but sometimes you just never know.

The Mafia II title must have been a previous Games with Gold title because it showed up in my Ready to Install list already and I know I didnt pay money for it before.

Yeah, I didnt think they made the new Prey on X360, but sometimes you just never know.

The Mafia II title must have been a previous Games with Gold title because it showed up in my Ready to Install list already and I know I didnt pay money for it before.
yes, it was a gold title. Played it than on my 360 and now on my xb1. Well it is good, but not as good as the first entry.
I really hope the first entry gets compatible with a ~4k (4:3) upgrade :)

Details from following the link... Really nifty they have this setting inside the virtual X360!

When you play Enhanced Xbox 360 games on Xbox One X, you can now choose how to experience them—with enhanced graphics or in their original form. Enhanced graphics will be turned on by default, running your game with higher resolution, 9X the pixel count, increased texture details and antialiasing, allowing you to enjoy greater visual clarity than ever before. If you turn off the Graphics setting, the graphics will be comparable to the experience on Xbox One or Xbox One S.

screenshot-1-resized.jpg

Xbox_One_X_Settings_Screen_shot_2.jpg

Wonder if they could do an intermediate setting. If 3x3 supersampling is too much, then surely 2x2 SSAA would be a better compromise.

A great video -the guy is very articulate- on the current state of the original Xbox emulation, what is HLE, what is LLE, the advances in OG Xbox emulation and its evolution.

Thanks for the video. I always found the lack of Xbox emulation interesting, but as noted in the video, so many of the popular games on Xbox could be found on PC, and later on the Xbox 360. A few gems like Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath never made it to 360 BC and of course weren't available on other platforms until years later. Hell I even bought a copy of it in 2006 expecting it to be available in BC for my newly purchased Xbox 360, and of course that never happened. :p

It wasn't worth buying an OG Xbox for just one title. Thank God for the excellent and improved HD release!

Last edited:
I feel like xbox one is going to have way, way less OG xbox bc than the 360 had at this rate. And that sucks
I think much of that stems from the way they achieve compatibility. They essentially allow you to download a copy of the game with the emulator when you put a "compatible" disc in the drive, which means they are distributing the game, and therefore must clear all of the hurdles that come with that. That means renewing licenses for characters, music, etc. in many cases, so it's tough to bring some titles forward from the OG Xbox. I would love many of the Marvel licensed games to be available. Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk Ultimate Destruction and The Punisher are 3 of my favorite Xbox games, but I'm not holding my breath. Fortunately, they are all BC on Xbox 360.

I feel like xbox one is going to have way, way less OG xbox bc than the 360 had at this rate. And that sucks
Well, music is a big point when providing a download of a game that is >15 years old. Many games have licensed music over a particular time. That is why e.g. Forza Horizon 1 is no longer sold. Another problem is, that some companies no longer exist or just don't want to sell their older games.

Back