Ravenridge Excitement, what are you buying?

• Total voters
I am going to build one for my SO. Figured the 2700U for $170 , a H70 , 16 gigs of whatever the fastest supported ram is on the board and we can replace her phenom x6 with rx 480. I think the 480 would be faster all things considered but the power savings would be huge and she only plays civ 6

so I mistakenly put the 2700u in my last post but we did buy the 2400g on amazon yesterday. now we are just trying to figure out a board to pair with it that already has the updated bios in it

do these cpu's suffer from the meltdown bug ?
Talking of which, my Ryzen's motherboard is compatible with future Ryzen chips so I am not in a hurry to buy a new CPU in a long, long while, when hopefully those issues are totally fixed.

Somewhat surprised by the $99 price for 2200G. It's not a particularly small die, and there are plenty of other products using GF's 14nm process which can demand higher prices.
The architectures and process are not new, so yields presumably aren't terrible on the fully enabled 2400G.

I'm building Ryzen 2200G PC for a friend! Can't wait for the parts to arrive this Saturday or Monday :)
I will see how FreeSync is behaving with this APU as I haven't seen any review paying any attention to this at all!

Back