What music are you listening to right now?

It definetely goes beyong metal anyway, I'd say (and beyond Norwary, if you'd allow).

While not living anyware close to the Scandinavian peninsula, I enthusiastically acknowledge the musical creativity of the region.
I do appreciate bands like Meshuggah, Opeth, Pain of Salvation and such.

But there are so many brilliant (understating it!) contemporary jazz musicians out there. 'Stuff' like Esbjorn Svensson, Kimmo Pohjonen exists, yet few (if any) could imagine that without hearing them first

It definetely goes beyong metal anyway, I'd say (and beyond Norwary, if you'd allow).

While not living anyware close to the Scandinavian peninsula, I enthusiastically acknowledge the musical creativity of the region.
I do appreciate bands like Meshuggah, Opeth, Pain of Salvation and such.

But there are so many brilliant (understating it!) contemporary jazz musicians out there. 'Stuff' like Esbjorn Svensson, Kimmo Pohjonen exists, yet few (if any) could imagine that without hearing them first
Just to nitpick, Kimmo Pohjonen is a finn and Finland isn't part of Scandinavia (technically very small part of Finland does belong to the peninsula, but it's doesn't really count and Pohjonen wasn't born or live anywhere near that small part of Finland)

Well yeah truth is I do bundle Sweeden, Norway and Finland together musically. Guess I do need to find another term since Scandinavian is wrong and noth-europeen far too broad.

Auri, new band from Nightwish's Tuomas Holopainen and Troy Donockley, joining them as singer is Tuomas's wife Johanna Kurkela

Italodisco* 4eva!

:love:

*Technically, might be classified as spacesynth...but I don't like to get bogged down by semantics.

Last edited:
Turmion Kätilöt called it quits last year. Then they noticed somehow they have new single out & festival gigs booked and everything ready for a new album and tour. So today is TK day, starting with the new song

Back