Shadow of the Colossus (Remake 2018) [PS4]

Some of you don't like the new yellowish tint ? Not a problem, I present you the actual ingame filter settings:

504lGAv.gif
Better than nothing.

Game seriously looks so damn good, didn't expect the foliage to be this lush and the lighting so beautiful. Day one this for sure.

Tell us about the HDR, graphics in general, is it native 4k and how long is the game :) please. Post some direct feed screens while you at it too:mrgreen:

You can all get mountain of impressions from streamers, lots of them have played opening hours of the game. Review NDA drops well before retail date.

I'll just say that game is a colossal gem [pun intended].

Obviously they failed.
They did not. The game does not have every pixel being identical to the original, but the feeling of adventure, exploration and amazement is all present. As someone who only played few hours of original and ps3 version, this version has floored me.

Personally, that 1440p mode produces MUCH clearer image than 1080p60. I never saw that much difference between those resolutions like in this game, but, I quite recently moved from 32" 1080p TV from 2011 to 49XE9005, and I rarely see 1080p games these days.

I absolutely agree with DF. It's one of the best looking game on the market. The world is empty and the main character is not quite detailed, so they were able to use the resources elsewhere. Post-processing in this game is outstanding.

Really love how much new effects they've pumped into this remake/remaster hybrid. Volumetric lighting, water caustics, PBR, advanced fur effects and indirect lighting are just incredibly presented, also they seemed to littered every inch of the terrain with grass and foliage which is damn impressive. Of course the lack of any wild animals and NPCs apart from the big guys would contribute heaps, but this just comes out so beautifully rendered it's breath taking regardless. Can't wait to virgin playthrough it on the Pro with HDR.

They did not. The game does not have every pixel being identical to the original, but the feeling of adventure, exploration and amazement is all present. As someone who only played few hours of original and ps3 version, this version has floored me.
The original atmosphere of a surreal, forgotten, decaying land lost in time is gone. It was replaced with a very detailed but ultimately generic "cinematic" look. Even the environments have lost all sense of realism, they look as if the artists simply mashed some "rock" brushes all over the place to get as much detail as possible. Funnily enough only the sky looks more realistic, which is the exact opposite what was intended in the first game. I guess the green color with purple clouds wasn't enough of a clue for BP.

Well, a lot of people, including me, find this "remake" amazing, but you still have the choice to play the original if it suits you better.
So everyone wins.

Well, a lot of people, including me, find this "remake" amazing, but you still have the choice to play the original if it suits you better.
So everyone wins.
True... well, except for the people who would have preferred a remake with increased graphical fidelity but with the aesthetics of the original preserved.

Back