Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Legend
New year, new advances in char tech. Let's start this year's showcase with yesterday's God of War story trailer:

image_god_of_war-37545-3634_0001.jpg

image_god_of_war-37545-3634_0003.jpg

DURG6GGVwAAqM0U.jpg:orig

Kratos model looks insane. What's more impressive about the GoW models is that they retain the same quality in gameplay, the consistency is almost 100% which something UC4, TR and various other top notch contenders failed to achieve.

Speaking of accurate human rendering, this is not an in game model but I couldnt help it. I was so impressed. Perfection Even the tiny hair is visible. And that cloth!
26907616_1707560222598863_607971195817011205_n.jpg

I bet if Kratos has a normal human skin tone with normal clothes he would look the most photorealistic. Also the lighting and shadowing in both Detroit and GoW engines are so remarkable they really brings out the models a lot more.

the skin in general seems totally off to me, so rugged. As if they applied a grainy filter on the skin. Deep Down trailer looked promising in that sense when it was released, but there hasn't been info about the game ever since.

the skin in general seems totally off to me, so rugged. As if they applied a grainy filter on the skin. Deep Down trailer looked promising in that sense when it was released, but there hasn't been info about the game ever since.
I think that's made on purpose just on Kratos (since the son's skin doesn't look like that at all, just... dirty). The thing I don't like are Kratos' eyes, though (in this picture, at least). The white part doesn't seem to be well-lighted or to have a realistic material, despite the lighting. It looks like one of those standard-shaded spheres you can see real-time in any viewport of a 3d editing application.

The grainy Kratos skin is entirely artistic tho, he's a demi god covered in grey ashes, gone through countless of rough battles and what not, one would think the amount of stress and damage done to his natural skin would be tremendous, thus appearing extra grainy and rough compared to a normal person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back