Destiny 2

Just bought the exotic Ghost Shell from Eververse which I didn't know I wanted, too. It gives you more rewards for all PE's which should be pretty great! I had enough bright dust that I still haven't spent a microtransaction dime, so that feels good too. And it's neat to have an "exotic" shell.

How good does it feel getting cheated again?:)

I have the winter lotus ghost shell, not the electronica shell.

Also bought it with bright dust earned in game, so it was free :D

I doubt I would have noticed anyway. I dont even do PE's on Mercury unless it's a milestone. And who cares at any rate. So I get one less token, or whatever extra loot the perk even gives. Tokens do not earn Bungie money anyway.

Did some raid lair for the first time tonight, that was pretty fun. Pretty hard, lots of mechanics, crazy visuals, pretty creative stuff. It did not advance my Legend of Acrius quest any, oh well. Got Ghost Primus from the tokens, at least I've heard of that one in a lot of datto videos, vaulted it.

Also bought it with bright dust earned in game, so it was free :D

I doubt I would have noticed anyway. I dont even do PE's on Mercury unless it's a milestone. And who cares at any rate. So I get one less token, or whatever extra loot the perk even gives. Tokens do not earn Bungie money anyway.

According to Bungie it gives increased chances of loot drops (legendaries, exotics, etc.) and not tokens. Also, got mine with dust as well.

Now, what I'm wondering is if it stacks with 3 of coins?

Regards,
SB

Probably broken knowing Bungie. They dont seem to be capable of higher chance of exotics or legendaries. Heroic events dont seem to be higher chance of exotic. And wasn't 3OC broken? Or did they fix it already? I have not been using them.

First time I did a PE with the shell a high value target spawned off to the side which we quickly stomped. I got 4 tokens from the HVT chest, which is way more than normal, before going back to the PE (I dont remember how many I got from the PE chest, maybe just one). I thought it was because of the shell, but I guess it was unrelated.

Man it's probably temporary but I'm really in love with this game again last few days. So good.jpeg (minus crucible sucks because of premade teams stomping but still fun). The people like Jim Sterling and Angry Joe who pander to mobs to line their palms who rank this in the bottom ten of the year are real jokes. Whatever your thoughts the idea that a game with this much detail and craft in the environments alone is one of the ten worst is pathetic.

I'd like to finish the Acrius quest (which I was told can roughly be done in one regular raid run) and complete the lair for completionists sake. My run yesterday was enough where I have very very roughly an idea of all the Lair mechanics now, so that's great. It was for the most part a great team to get in. And then probably go back into short term Destiny retirement again.

Last edited:
I thought the combo of AR-Submachinegun was just a no go, but I tried it again, it's actually pretty great. I'm sure I'm just late to that meta!

It helps to pick the long range sight on Uriels when running this combo, that increases the range a lot, from 29 to 38 meters.

I'm sure the recent nerf to scout rifles aim assist at range really cemented this new meta.

Before I almost never liked anything but the default/close range sight on any gun in D1, but the long range sight on Uriels actually feels natural.

Yeah, could be just a few bad lobbies, but the long range killing power of Uriels seems to make Mida pretty outmoded. Because in like 80% of ranges Uriels is gonna beat Mida for ttk. I gun down so many noobs who are pitifully trying to shoot back against my Uriel's with a Hand Cannon aka pea shooter in this meta, or something at mid range.

Then with invis Hunter and the ability to hop around with Antiope? It's great. Throwing smokes, regular vortex, triple class cooldowns, lethal! An argument can even be made for Shadowshot as a good super IMO. At the very least with so many running nightstalker, most roaming supers are gonna get shut down and suffocated hard, so you're not at any marked disadvantage with the fact you're running a non slaying super. Offensive super free zones LOL. Although there's still not a ton of depth to D2 PVP so the amount of cool new things like this I'm gonna discover is limited.

I find Shadowshot the most fun super as well, just because it plays so odd. It's so satisfying those rare times (for me) you can successfully play offensively and get two or more kills by trapping and primary-ing.

I kinda clutch up and choke a lot on Antiope. It's really hard to hold on target for a scrub like me and the magazine is relatively small as well meaning you dont get too many misses, after becoming accustomed to a steady AR. Not a more fun gun in the game though, and also highly effective at aggressive play.

Gonna be kinda a bummer when bungie nerfs the Nightstalker fun train lol.

Last edited:
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46567

6v6 crucible is coming! Eventually...that's what I'm most excited about. Crucible to feel less sweaty and team dominated. More picks and slaying.

Also they're talking about addressing solo queue against teams. That's great although I bet it will be a while. More needed in D2 since it's so teamshot based.

Actually I went through a horrific spell on crucible recently. That last 25 games on Destiny Tracker, I was literally 4-21. My k/d dropped to like .74 last 25. Now I'm going through a good spell. k/d last 25 was 1.15 last I looked. Although record is still only 8-17. That's solo queueing for you.

I swear the biggest positive change I made was, besides just lobby quality changing, switch to the long range sight on Uriels. It'll just make you rake at 80% of those ranges you used to use Mida for. You will win so many mid-long range gunfights. I also use Antiope for close work, but I bet 80% of my kills come with Uriels.

The rest of the update I dont know about. Not even sure I want masterworks armor or more valuable raid rewards as doing the raid on lfg is a pain in the ass. Masterworks weapons is nice but it's grindy enough, do we need armor too? I kinda hate armor altogether in this game, it's just annoying.

Reworking the mods system to be simpler is the other biggie though, cant wait for that.

I have noticed the population dropping off a lot. Even on Xbox LFG (which is normally ALWAYS poppin) when it's late there's not that many people raiding etc. The Bungie changes Might be too little too late.

I'm skeptical of 6v6 with the current sandbox and maps. D2 PVP is already focused too much on teamshooting and it's a lot harder to make big solo plays compared to D1, due to the longer time to kill (hence why a lot of people find D2 PVP to be boring). The maps in D2 are also sized for 4v4. I feel that 6v6 will just have a lot of crowded lanes of people team-firing and it's going to be even more boring than 4v4.

They need to lower the TTK a touch IMO.

Also, why take Mayhem away? Most agree that it is the most fun they've had in D2 PVP, and I tend to agree.

The rest of the update I dont know about. Not even sure I want masterworks armor or more valuable raid rewards as doing the raid on lfg is a pain in the ass. Masterworks weapons is nice but it's grindy enough, do we need armor too? I kinda hate armor altogether in this game, it's just annoying.

Masterwork armor doesn't make sense. Masterwork for weapons adjusted sub-stats which had a much lesser effect than mainstats (Mods - Weapon damage). In other words, all masterwork rolls give less improvements to a weapon than Mods.

Everything on armor is a main stat (Mods). In other words, there is no stat on armor that a Mod doesn't cover (move speed, resilience, regen, class abilities, weapon abilities, etc.). Would it make sense for a masterwork roll to give as much of a bonus as a Mod? About the only argument for it that I could see would be something like Armor +1, but since there are no masterwork rolls for weapon damage +1, I find that unlikely, especially since it would increase your overall item level.

Perhaps masterwork rolls for 1/10th or 1/5th a Mod stat? Like 1/10 or 1/5 of a mod's ability recharge? I dunno, doesn't seem that appealing. By Bungie putting all armor stats on Mods unlike weapon stats, they left themselves no room to implement masterwork armor.

Regards,
SB

Didn't they say masterworks armor would give you more damage reduction while in your super?

Not even sure I love that, kinda like crucible where it's much more possible to fight back against supers.

I'm skeptical of 6v6 with the current sandbox and maps.

There's already at least one D1 map right? Somebody suggested they could just bring back some more D1 maps and restrict 6v6 to those.

Didn't they say masterworks armor would give you more damage reduction while in your super?

Not even sure I love that, kinda like crucible where it's much more possible to fight back against supers.

There's already at least one D1 map right? Somebody suggested they could just bring back some more D1 maps and restrict 6v6 to those.

I'm kind of meh on that's what it does since it is so situational to that once use case---damage reduction during Super. It'll be almost useless to the one shot Hunter golden gun, nightstalker single shot arror or Warlock Novabomb.

I think MW armor would've been better to have where kills with it on create orbs that reduce your ability, melee or nade cool down.
It could even be a different color orb than the one created from a MW weapon.
The orb would only be created by the use of one of those abilities as to differentiate from weapon kills. That way it rewards skillful use of melee/nade/abilities and also addresses one of the big complaints about the game---nade and abilities take to long to charge.

I'm kind of meh on that's what it does since it is so situational to that once use case---damage reduction during Super. It'll be almost useless to the one shot Hunter golden gun, nightstalker single shot arror or Warlock Novabomb.

I think MW armor would've been better to have where kills with it on create orbs that reduce your ability, melee or nade cool down.
It could even be a different color orb than the one created from a MW weapon.
The orb would only be created by the use of one of those abilities as to differentiate from weapon kills. That way it rewards skillful use of melee/nade/abilities and also addresses one of the big complaints about the game---nade and abilities take to long to charge.

An idea I actually like from that is if Masterwork gave you 1-2 extra "charges" of grenades or melee. The cooldown timer doesn't bother me nearly as much as being limited to one grenade (minus specific class abilities or gear bonus).

Alternatively if it was a specially colored orb that reduced the cooldown of ONLY the ability associated with that colored orb (grenade OR melee OR super).

Regards,
SB

Had some fun doing raid this week. trying to get 10 emperor seals for Acrius (dont know why, I dont see people using it much), up to 7. My group did calus challenge, but I guess it didn't complete? We did it but didn't get credit. Maybe somebody timed jumping on a plate wrong? Then because it was only my 2nd calus clear I didn't know where to go for the chest and missed it. everything goes to the postmaster anyway right? I got the raid scout which I wanted, 200 RPM. Never see people using it either though so cant be that great I guess.

On my hunter then I can pick up my last 3 seals pretty easily next week.

That's too bad because I had Dogs challenge completed last week. Would have been nice to have 2/4 challenges already without really trying.

I'm completely lost in the underbelly, just follow people.

I think my next project will be slowly working up my Warlock, just because. I already have my Titan up, although I haven't used him since COO so he's like 305. I'll just play a campaign mission here and there with my Warlock. Somehow that sounds really fun.

Had a good raid yday, beat it from start to finish first time. 3rd clear overall. Finished Legend of Acrious quest (well now it tells me to do prestige raid, but Im going to assume that's just an ornament or something)

I expect LFG groups are naturally getting it fairly down over time, although bad groups will never leave LFG of course.

I'm still lost in the underbelly, I just follow someone...and usually still end up falling behind.

I KIND OF want to do all prestige and challenge for Leviathan now, if I wasn't prepping for Destiny hibernation. You can do them one phase at a time effectively so, quite possible. You'd just have to play lottery with LFG until you hit a winning team. And have a lot of patience.

I think overall Leviathan is one of my favorites raids. really maybe my favorite. Of course nothing can top VOG, but I think that's just nostalgia talking. It's not TOO difficult, it's not dark and oppressive, its creative, I dunno I just like it. I dont like the underbelly cause I'm not one for mazes, but I appreciate the attempt to do something new.

One thing I like about the raid is it's propensity to drop masterworks weapons. Gives a decent incentive.

Now pretty much the last thing on my to do list before Destiny hibernation again is beat Argos...if I actually do...

I had tons of graphical artefacts on Destiny today. Its the only game that had them, but it was drawing shit weird everywhere. wasn't sure what caused it, and I couldn't replicate it in any other game. Decided to reinstall to see if that fixes it, or if my X1X is the issue.

The issue is bound to equipping FWC warlock arms. Changing the ornament makes the problem go away

Really weird! I'm about to pledge to FWC today. Which it's too late in the week to get much gear from them but anyway...I wonder if the same problem would occur on my system.

The armor I realize is quite limited, I dislike how all the hunter survival arms (which, there's basically only one) look. I wouldn't mind getting some FWC arms (apparently FWC has survival armor for hunters) looks.

I wish I'd have pledged before I did all my milestones. as I dont have a ton of playtime left this week (and I dont PVE much anyway aside milestones). Evidently FWC has the best PVP guns too so once I learned that it's when I decided to pledge to them.

In crucible I spent more looking at what is THE BEST loadout like, AR/sub, AR/sidearm, scout/sub, Scout/sidearm etc. I think the ultimate "meta" is probably Antiope/Uriels. However I started messin around with Mida/Mida Mini (which a few top Xbox players seem to be successful with). I did mostly like it. I thought mid range would be too uncovered, but I seem to do well with it. Then I went looking at ranges, to see how much less effective Mida Mini is than Antiope. Well, according to gun stats spreadsheet, Mida Mini has 14m range, while Antiope is 21m. Yes that's a huge difference. So I set about finding the energy sub with the best range which I discovered to be...Hero's Burden, at 18m with the 2nd scope. Which I had in my vault (yay for hoarding). So now, I'm using Mida/Heros.

However I do wonder if the speed benefits of Mida Mini outweigh the 4m of range you give up vs Hero's.

I love conceptually the Mida/Mida Mini combo. Fast all the time...I believe these hit your sprint speed cap, so there's no point in running Stompees. Not that I run stompees much anyway as they rarely fit my playstyle.

Oh also switched off Graviton (more invis) to good old Knucklehead Radar. Finding more success with that. Thing is Graviton only gives you like a second more invis, so I figure it's no big deal. I forgot though you dont need Knucklehead usually when you run Mida lol. Might as well run Foetracer then I guess.

Edit: Got the "Stochastic Variable" from a FWC package. Cool, that's #1 on my FWC wanted list!

I guess with "phase change" mag it basically gives you a 600 RPM sub in the energy slot, otherwise not attainable. So it should be good to run with Mida. It feels really good so far in light PVE duty, much better than Hero's Burden did. I know it's well regarded on crucible playbook. Range with the 2nd sight is 17m, less than Antiope but solid. I ended up not really liking Hero's Burden, for whatever reason. The long range sight seems limiting for one.

Still, I think mostly Uriels/Antiope will be a superior loadout.

Last edited:
Back