AMD Vega 10, Vega 11, Vega 12 and Vega 20 Rumors and Discussion

Hey you guys... I have some issues with my Vegas in my new PC, one being that HBCC toggle in Radeon Settings app is not there. Is HBCC not enabled in adrenalin driver at all (with two cards in the system, since I definitely saw it being there when I had just one board installed in one of my older PCs), or is it just because I have crossfire enabled, or because my PC is glitchy (it is, though*) and because of that some weird bug is causing the option to not show for me?

*Glitchy as in, with twin vega cards installed instead of twin hawaiis, GPU-Z silently exits when starting without giving any error message at all. Also, HWMonitor detects 12 CPU cores (out of 10...) under Temperatures and Clocks headings, and 25 cores (!) under Utilization heading... Also, they don't appear to be obvious duplicates of one another, which is really weird. As in, where the hell is it getting its data from the nonexistant cores?!?! :LOL:

Hey you guys... I have some issues with my Vegas in my new PC, one being that HBCC toggle in Radeon Settings app is not there. Is HBCC not enabled in adrenalin driver at all (with two cards in the system, since I definitely saw it being there when I had just one board installed in one of my older PCs), or is it just because I have crossfire enabled, or because my PC is glitchy (it is, though*) and because of that some weird bug is causing the option to not show for me?

*Glitchy as in, with twin vega cards installed instead of twin hawaiis, GPU-Z silently exits when starting without giving any error message at all. Also, HWMonitor detects 12 CPU cores (out of 10...) under Temperatures and Clocks headings, and 25 cores (!) under Utilization heading... Also, they don't appear to be obvious duplicates of one another, which is really weird. As in, where the hell is it getting its data from the nonexistant cores?!?! :LOL:
I'm pretty sure your computer is haunted.

Post 5506 in overclock.net forum is interesting:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1634018/official-vega-frontier-rx-vega-owners-thread/5490#post_26523894

This symbols are strange: ->

I do not follow what is strange about the table.
The table illustrates the difference in between the old GFX6 and new GFX9 internal shader subdivisions.
Every spot that has uses -> in the GFX9 section has a corresponding internal shader in its position in GFX6. This indicates which internal stages have had their functionality merged, and that the next column with a shader is the stage that has taken over that role.

ZlYRNGCfXC1BDwlRwjcwSdDNxYJsYWIO4sXdtSyGuOU.png

Kaby G has been spotted on Intel's website, Vega graphics instead of Polaris like previously thought.

Direct link to the website, scroll down to see

Looks like that GFX8 description was indeed a mistake or a curve ball.

It's also interesting that a solution like this would appear in an unlocked form.
For all we know Kaby Lake G won't go into any socket, so it probably won't get any aftermarket cooling solutions. So who's the OEM that will allow overclock in a NUC-like form factor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not a mistake - the gfx804/Polaris based chip may just have been an older prototype, or it's simply marketing, like they sold that PS4-Pro GPU (or was it the new XBone?) as Vega-like because it already support rapid packed math.

Nobody ever sold the PS4 Pro GPU as Vega-like.
Mark Cerny only said it had features "from Polaris and beyond".

That slick wall-mounted external chassis which I assume hooks up over thunderbolt 3, will it be available for sale (should be ideal for many laptop users), or is this just a working prototype?

I ran my Vegas doing Folding@Home for a while; however one of the cards would cap at 85C, and while that's probably no issue for the silicon itself, even over the long term, such temps tend to degrade fans and cause performance loss, premature death and whatnot. So today I twiddled with the temperature target feature, knocked max down from 85C to 75 and target to 70C. Power limit was set at -25% because of me previously running the power saver profile, but I don't think it matters since the cards will be temp capped rather than power capped...

It works great, I must say. The hotter card throttles back just a little bit, only about 30MHz to 1500MHz, hovering just under the new max temp at 74C most of the time, with occasional small short blips one or a few degrees above that. The cooler-running card levels out at 1530MHz @70C.

I like to think that this will be a fair improvement over cooking the fans at 85C, and I lose only a very small amount of performance in the process; no more than 50-55MHz or so over balanced profile once the system heat saturates fully, which doesn't register much of an impact. My rig is still giving over 1.2 million PPD, which is a vast friggin improvement of what things used to be like for me. :p

It has 64 ROPS for 24 CU's. And from that we can probably infer 4 Geometry Engines.

This is by far the highest ratio of those resources Vs CU count of any GCN design.

Back