The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Been playing for a bit. I prefer the 4K mode.

Lol

That being said this game is mad dark, not sure if I should up the lighting. There are points in time in which the lighting is incredible though. Particularly when the sun breaks through the storm. But indoors is darker than I want it to be, almost to the point of getting a small headache trying to figure out where stuff is.

Also currently in the middle of AssOrigins and it’s hard to go back. Lol. I better finish AssO first before returning. It’s a completely different game.

Use a torch or a cat potion. Darkness is a gameplay mechanic.
But I’m not in a cave. I’m in NPC buildings for quests and stuff. It shouldn’t be this dark I don’t think. I think HDR might be too dark? Running a LG B7

But I’m not in a cave. I’m in NPC buildings for quests and stuff. It shouldn’t be this dark I don’t think. I think HDR might be too dark? Running a LG B7
Are you sure your black level is set correctly ? If you have a toggle somewhere like "low/high" try to use the other setting.
On my tv, low mean "16-235" and high mean "0-255", yet in HDR, low black setting is the correct setting. Using high crush all blacks and I can't see nothing in dark areas.
I havent tried the Witcher 3 HDR yet though

Are you sure your black level is set correctly ? If you have a toggle somewhere like "low/high" try to use the other setting.
On my tv, low mean "16-235" and high mean "0-255", yet in HDR, low black setting is the correct setting. Using high crush all blacks and I can't see nothing in dark areas.
I havent tried the Witcher 3 HDR yet though
Yea. I’m calibrated. Black is true black. There is no crush on my settings. I do need to turn off surrounding lights to see that level of blackness.

I’ve not had this too dark issue, only Witcher. Other HDR games can get this black, but it’s generwlly not this dark. Not everywhere dark.

Yea. I’m calibrated. Black is true black. There is no crush on my settings. I do need to turn off surrounding lights to see that level of blackness.

I’ve not had this too dark issue, only Witcher. Other HDR games can get this black, but it’s generwlly not this dark. Not everywhere dark.

It's not about calibration but about bugs. For example, PS4 blu ray player output limited blacks even if your PS4 & your TV is fully calibrated and set to full RGB blacks, resulting in garbage output.
Maybe the Witcher 3 assume full RGB even if your ps4/tv is set to limited. Try to toggle & check !

It's not about calibration but about bugs. For example, PS4 blu ray player output limited blacks even if your PS4 & your TV is fully calibrated and set to full RGB blacks, resulting in garbage output.
Maybe the Witcher 3 assume full RGB even if your ps4/tv is set to limited. Try to toggle & check !
What should I be toggling? TV is set to limited. Xbox is set to limited. There are no toggles in game to change anything.

Just try to toggle the tv from limited (low) to full (high) and check if it's better ?
If your tv is set to limited and the game is outputting full rgb pixels *and* ignoring the console limited setting, it would result in a dark picture, just like you described.

HDR doesn't have limited/full range. I'd make sure the tv is actually switching to an HDR@iroboto?
Yes I agree, but how do you explain that some tvs, like lg oled have a black setting in hdr mode, and that on the wrong setting it clips blacks ?
It's a lot of discussion, which could have been skipped by toggling this setting, and report whether it works or not...

Yes I agree, but how do you explain that some tvs, like lg oled have a black setting in hdr mode, and that on the wrong setting it clips blacks ?
It's a lot of discussion, which could have been skipped by toggling this setting, and report whether it works or not...

That’s just to adjust the details in dark parts of the screen. LG OLEDs used to crush a lot of detail, not sure they still do it as much.

Will try! Give me a bit. Lol been busy. Easier to respond to posts than to test LOL

Back