What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great so Jak 1 seems like a unanimous choice. Will go for it :)

In other news, I ordered a Switch finally ! Burnt with the lame ass handling of Destiny 2 and finding AC origins somehow pathetically boring and flat I gave in and ordered a switch to play Zelda which seem like a game which actually lets you "play" like games should. Waiting with bated breath for the delivery and also a bit worried that I dont get turned off by the low res IQ and gfx on th eswitch . My laptop with 1060 has really spoilt me in terms of IQ and 60 fps for the past one year. I am sure gameplay will trump over gfx, just like in Nier Automata !

Also, hoping I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon, didnt buy that so that I actually enjoy Zelda :D
Please post your opinion on Jak 1...I am also interested, and never played it while I love RnC.

Ok, being hyped for PUBG, I finally tried the next beat thing: Fortnite.

I teamed up with my old gang, and we had a great time...even won a game.

The building aspect is for me actually ok. I like that everything is destructible.

Weapons are super inaccurate, but the fights are tense as hell [emoji4]

Nice.

PS: how is this game free?!?

Last edited:
I just finished the main story in Mario Odyssey with 334 power moons. I think I put at least 35 hours into it already and there seems to be plenty of more content. Such a pleasant experience. I'm happy I bought the Switch, this game alone makes the system worth it imo and I hear Zelda is pretty good too :)

Last edited:
Playing Zelda and mario Odyssey on my switch ! Zelda is almost meditative in its feel , the way it just lets you be and all you hear is sound of the nature around you. Did one divine beast and the puzzles wrecked my head ! Very nice game ! I never even follow any mission markers, I just be and things happen.....and my ass gets handed to me too :p !
Also Mario, which I have never been a fan of all my life, is very very good here ! the game is so innovative and throws new mechanics at you every 10 minutes...lovely and fresh ! Even had a session with my daughter playing as cappy and basically just flying around. :D

Also bought Xenoblade and boy, just the fisrt hour lets you know this is the game you wanna play ! What a premise, what a world ! I am set for months now , dont need anything else !

As for Switch itself, I like playing it on my TV where I can the world in its full glory as all three titles are really great art style wise. YEs, I did feel a rude shock when I first started zelda, coming from 1080p60 PC and pseudo 4k PS4pro, the low res and jaggies was shock indeed but it went away within 20 minutes. Gameplay wins over all. In fact, other than Zelda where u can really see the rough gfx due to the ambition of th egame, the other two games, Mario and Xenoblade actuallylook really good. In fact, Mario is simply stellar visually and aurally.
Goodbye PS4 and sad state of Destiny 2 for now , I have "Switch"-ed over now :D

I'll do an effort and I'll resume my game in Morrowind. I got kinda bored, because I got distracted way too much because of secondary quests and I forgot about the main one, and also a bug prevented me to complete another one.

But I want to finish this game. I have to, too, since I plan to beat the whole series (I truly enjoyed the first one, Arena!!).

Bought finally COD WW2 in the psn xmas sales.

Campaign is fun! The quality of the CGI cutscenes is really cool.
Almost at the end, will try out the MP...

Edit: finished SP finally, and I am surprised but it is really really good again. I liked it a lot. Nice! COD campaigns are really typically among the best FPS campaigns in the year.

Last edited:
Now playing COD MP...I really like the new WAR mode...which is an objective based team mode. Attackers versus defenders, then roles switched around.

A bit like the BF series.

And I actually rly like it! Nice!

Didn’t had contact with the MTx so far...progression system is fairly fast, as you’d expect from a COD game.

I started Mafia 3. Great story so far, great period piece and open world. Then I get to the absurdly put together story missions and have to shake my head. Having to play the same mission a dozen times due to busted mechanics or bad design just makes me have to quit. I have a huge backlog and don't have time for bad design. Sorry 2K, you should have played tested your game before release...

I also re-bought BF1. At first I was having a great time. Almost the perfect war game. Music, settings, fog of war, smoke, explosions, sense of history, it really captured it all. Then I just got tired of getting sniped from across the map. When that doesn't happen the bunny hopping guys with machine guns or pistols ruin it. Snipers should be like tanks, a few on the map at any given time and if you die you go back to infantry. The running and gunning also needs to be fixed. Taking cover and advancing slowly is completely out-done by guys running full speed with heavy machine guns. Moving in the open and trying to shoot should get you dead, but instead these guys go 35-5 because they know how to exploit the mechanics. Dice, you almost nailed it, but after a few matches you can tell you are trying to appeal to the COD crew.

I guess I'll start the new Mordor sequel?

I have a question, a long time Ratchet fan I still enjoy playing RnC games, but I somehow lived the ps2 days without ever even knowing Jak and Daxter. now that all those games ar eon ps4 I realised I had $15 lying in my wallet and I want to try one. Question is which one should I go for if I can try just one? Which is th ebest out of the three? Jak 1 , 2 or 3 ?
Jak 1 easily. It's a different game than the others too. And it's better than Ratchet & Clank IMO.

Jak 1 = Kind of poetic platformer very reminiscent to Banjo & Kazooie.
Jak 2 & Jak 3 = shooters (TPS) with some jumping to do.

Also while the PS4 version is very good (as it's basically a 4x upresed PS2 version), the best version of Jak 1 is found on PS3 with 16/9 native 720p (native if you have such a screen) and somehow better textures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back