Destiny 2

I guess. I understand it's evidently like the highest DPS. But then again IIRC it's not that good in the raid which is like the only content that matters besides maybe nightfall.

I dunno I just dont like how short range it is and i kept blowing myself up too. I put it back in the vault.

I guess. I understand it's evidently like the highest DPS. But then again IIRC it's not that good in the raid which is like the only content that matters besides maybe nightfall.

I dunno I just dont like how short range it is and i kept blowing myself up too. I put it back in the vault.

It's not good at the Callus or Dog levels, but is really really good for the key (initial area), Bathers and Gauntlet areas. Rocket suicide risks are low in these areas.

On another topic, it seems that turning in tokens to Zavala might be the best way (anecdotally) to get Masterwork weapons. I got 3 out of 4 MW weapons from rewards and turning in tokens last night although your RNG may vary...lol

I finally got my first confirmed masterwork (as i keep stating I suspect I may have gotten others before and infused or sharded them before noticing). It's a Lincoln Green. So there's that. Lincoln Green is not one of my rotation guns but I guess I could throw it on for PVE, probably not even worth it.

On PVP talk, I was wondering why it seems like subclasses barely matter in D2 where in D1 changing subclasses was like changing a way of life. In D2 to switch between hunter subclasses, there's little difference I noticed. In D1 I remember feeling like changing from arcstrider to nightstalker was this huge time consuming change, and having to relearn how to play. In D2 it's like nothing. It's just like ok a slightly different grenade and a different super that you get once a match. but I cant figure out why. I guess logically a big part of it is that your abilities come up so much less frequently in D2. But then again now you have an added class ability that you didn't have before. Also for example Wombo Combo was a thing in D1, not in D2. Also kitting out armor seemed more time consuming and much more impactful in D1. In D2 the cooldown reductions are small, in a way mods dont even really matter that much, somebody without any mods is not going to do much worse than someone with the exact mods they want. Also I suppose lack of subclass skill tree options is a big depth changer.

Always been loving Antiope lately. I wonder if it's better since AR's supposedly took a slight nerf? I've always loved how it sounds/feels anyway, even if I thought it was overrated, it's super fun.

I didn't realize Graviton Forfeit gives NS more invis on dodge. Definitely trying that out if I can get it.

Fated Engram worked for me, I got "The Colony" exotic grenade launcher which I did not have before. Of course the only exotic I want is Orpheus Rig...

Bones of Eao did not come back in COO? What are they waiting for?

Also, I dont like wardcliff coil
Bones of Eao gave triple jump right? we already have triple jump for all in D2.
Or are you looking for some other perk of Bones of Eao? I wasn't much of a hunter in D1 but thats what I remember bones of Eaofor.

Fated engram. What is this? Where do I get it? Free?

You get it from Xur (a vendor). The location of the vendor rotates every week and is available from Fri-Sun.
This week it is on Titan and there will be a Xur location marker when you view the Titan map.

The Fated engram will costs you 97 legendary shards and is supposed to guarantee a non-duped exotic although there have been reports of dupes that may be related to exotics repeats if you've dismantled them.

Bones of Eao gave triple jump right? we already have triple jump for all in D2.
Or are you looking for some other perk of Bones of Eao? I wasn't much of a hunter in D1 but thats what I remember bones of Eaofor.

It gave you one extra jump. so quad jump if you were specced into Triple.

It was the go-to to PVE Hunter exotic. Didn't really do anything but just generally made exploring and pve more fun. Widely loved.

An absolute necessity on Kings Fall jumping puzzle, sisters etc, for me though.

If I'm not mistaken Bungie just gave a qaud jump exotic to Titans this time right? Just like they gave Warlocks the only reason to play a Hunter in yr 3 on a piece of armor D1 (Ophidian aspects) So they wanted to make extra sure Hunters have nothing of value I guess again.

It never gave quad jump, it turned double jump into triple jump, it doesn't upgrade triple jump. Same as D1. Titans don't jump, they jet around. They legs that extend flight time a bit.

I keeps getting grenade launcher legendaries for these last few weeks.

Now I'm 100% sure bungie's smart loot system is fucked.

It was like that too in destiny 1 until they fixed it. I guess they forgot to put the fix into D2 development branch.

Actually, there's too many fixes in D1 that they forgot to implement in D2. Even old glitches in D1 resurface on D2.

But then... What exactly is the cause of all these problems?

It's not like bungie is a small time game studio. They also have tons of experience.

But look at the regressions and the Unfinished feeling of COO DLC.

Did they got the sudden change of direction like they did in D1? So things got scrapped, changes from D1 branch got left alone, not merged, etc.

Or they actually hadn't fix their engine? Engine that can take whole day just to load a level

It gave you one extra jump. so quad jump if you were specced into Triple.

It was the go-to to PVE Hunter exotic. Didn't really do anything but just generally made exploring and pve more fun. Widely loved.

An absolute necessity on Kings Fall jumping puzzle, sisters etc, for me though.

If I'm not mistaken Bungie just gave a qaud jump exotic to Titans this time right? Just like they gave Warlocks the only reason to play a Hunter in yr 3 on a piece of armor D1 (Ophidian aspects) So they wanted to make extra sure Hunters have nothing of value I guess again.

There is a pair of boots that increases the 2nd jump in double jump massively as well as providing some other movement abilities.

Regards,
SB

But then... What exactly is the cause of all these problems?

It's not like bungie is a small time game studio. They also have tons of experience.

But look at the regressions and the Unfinished feeling of COO DLC.

Did they got the sudden change of direction like they did in D1? So things got scrapped, changes from D1 branch got left alone, not merged, etc.

Or they actually hadn't fix their engine? Engine that can take whole day just to load a level

Somebody posted that on reddit and it pretty much explains it all.

It never gave quad jump, it turned double jump into triple jump, it doesn't upgrade triple jump. Same as D1. Titans don't jump, they jet around. They legs that extend flight time a bit.

Huh? Bones gives you 4 jumps in D1 if you're using Triple Jump.

I guess it does, the description only says it upgrades double jump. It's been too long since I used them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

HUNTER INVIS META CONFIRMED

JUMP ON THAT BANDWAGON SKRIBBLES,JUMP! I BEEN HERE ALL ALONG

Tee hee.

Of course since it's hunters it's doomed to get nerfed while other classes get to stay strong indefinitely.

I'm starting to like this game a lot again TBH. It's still gorgeous and fun. Masterworks added a lot I think, even though at the end of the day the small stat boosts are basically useless. They give you something long term to grind for and that's pretty key. Plus the forge weapons give you another thing to grind around with, etc etc. Even crucible, I've been enjoying more.

You get tons and tons of loot, arguably too much. But now at least they funnel into a few rarer things. Like if you're hunting for a gun or two (Purpose scout rifle for me), the more sheer amounts of tokens you get the better. The new "gifts" of tokens at the end of strikes/crucible people can give you are super cool too, I dunno why, I just enjoy finding them in my inventory. Legendary shards are useful again just for that fated engram which is quite costly (provided you have an exotic you're chasing, which I do). Oh and The Colony is pretty great, been enjoying it, it holds so much ammo (which is what makes it competitive with a rocket launcher) and the cocoon feature is a nice cherry on top, it upends the useless grenade launcher paradigm. Just bought the exotic Ghost Shell from Eververse which I didn't know I wanted, too. It gives you more rewards for all PE's which should be pretty great! I had enough bright dust that I still haven't spent a microtransaction dime, so that feels good too. And it's neat to have an "exotic" shell.

I think HDR has made me enjoy it more too. While at times it feels gaudy and oversaturated and I long for a more realistic and understated look, OTOH the sheer amount of colors and sparks going on at times on Xbox One X (such as when everybody is DPS-ing the hell out of a boss on a heroic PE) is ridiculously impressive, even after weeks.

And in PVP I've had fun running the invis nightstalker, I stack up 3 class ability cooldowns+one grenade cooldown (+recovery hunter boots)+Graviton Forfeit.

I will say I was wrong though, Uriels IMo is significantly better than Positive Outlook. Maybe it's the perk that gives you initial accuracy? Also, I'm not big on kill clip, I honestly never can keep enough things straight in my brain to even remember it's there on a given gun.

Although people tend to view D2 as a failure, it certainly is on reddit and to streamers, but the real bottom line is money, and I suspect the game may not be a failure to Activision at all. In fact it may well be a solid success. It was the #2 selling game of the year so far behind only COD WW2 in NPD. I suspect it's actually doing well, maybe it's the Christmas rush but I've been seeing more guardians than ever while doing PE's etc.

The numbers do claim Trials and by extension I assume all PVP is way down. I'd attribute that as evidence to how watered down PVP is as I've been saying. It's still fun, though, it can both be significantly inferior to D1 and fun at the same time.

Last edited:
I just can‘t handle the devs of this game anymore.

If they do a 180 and do some good things for the community an expanded amount of time, I might come back.

But I highly doubt it. All signs point toward D2 being a test lab for Activision to find out how far they can push their business plan, while Bungie is only there tool.

Man, went into the a reddit thread for this game for the first time today just because I wanted to see if anyone posted a video of one of the exotic sparrows (Chill of Winter) to see if I want to dump 2.5k dust on it.

Man, I love the banter there. To paraphrase.
  • X: I just spent a bunch of money on cosmetics.
  • Y: You're stupid for buying cosmetics.
  • X: I've spent 300 hours in this game and I'm having fun. I don't mind spending money to have fun.
  • Y: You're stupid for spending money on games.
  • X: I can afford it and it's fun.
  • Y: You're part of the problem. You shouldn't spend your money like that.
  • X: I'm sorry, I'll spend my money how I want to spend my money.
  • Y: You're stupid for spending money how you want to spend your money.
  • X: How about you spend your money how you want to spend it, and I spend my money how I want to spend it?
  • Y: No, you're stupid.
o_O LoL.

BTW - this post has no purpose.

Regards,
SB

My thing is I honestly cant bring myself to care much about cosmetics. At least in the way this game has handled them, anyway. I tend to think my guardian looks pretty awesome pretty much no matter what.

I kind of liked D1's system of, you get a shader, you can apply it only to your whole character, not per piece. I get that it was kinda overly simple, and I still didn't care that much. But I was happy to get an all black shader here and there for example. Now I can just almost completely ignore the shader system (although I have toyed with it a bit). So, that's a step back in my shader care level from D1 to D2, for me. Again, since cosmetics appear to more and more be the primary loot in the game, well at least for me it's a fail. It seems to be working for everybody else though.

The game seems to have become more about cosmetics as the principal reward (EG, a set of armor for prestige raid rewards) as well. Which is kinda weird.

I can sort of see how the mod system was designed to overcome the issue of armor being tied to stats for cosmetics. Yet the rarity of the purple mods (and the insane cumbersomeness of the sheer amount of mods and difficulty of purchasing purples since they dont even list nearly all of them at the gunsmith meaning you have to vault juggle to see the ones you want) just means they failed IMO. Now, if ONLY blu mods existed it might have worked assuming that was their intent. But I need that +5! (even though it doesn't actually matter for any content AFAIK)

Oh, I also got one of those sparrows that summons super quick. I guess I had never equipped one before, but it's awesome, it actually makes a big difference. Dont think I'll ever switch to a different perk of sparrow. So, discovering some cool things about D2 at least.

The ships are kind of a fail though. None really capture my fancy THAT much. Just the basic green first ship you get looks the best over time IMO.

I've ascertained D2 crucible is ridiculously obnoxious if you solo queue as me. It's on like ten levels above D1

First of all pre-made teams predominate the population, much more so than in D1 (not sure if because they're more successful, that it's easier to make a 3-4 man team than 6, that Xbox LFG took off on the console, or what), and they also dominate LOL with the team shooting=win meta. So you almost always get matched with random against a premade team, battle goes terribly, then to just top it off one or more of the random side usually drops out, so it's just a shitshow at that point with a premade team of 4 against 3 randoms that was gonna get stomped anyway but is now a man down. This happens almost every match, too. Not exaggerating.

It also kinda grinds my gears to see everybody running around with invis hunter. All people try to do is cheat, and abuse whatever they can, which is currently hopping around with the invis hunter. I'm not sure why it bugs me so much since basically, I do the same thing (I mean, I will switch to the best class, although I guess I have been almost all hunter forever)! So I guess maybe I'm a hypocrite but I dunno, people bug me. All these fucking Warlocks and Titans are done cheating with the Warlocks and Titans so they hop on the next cheat bandwagon like nothing happened, hunterz4lyfebro.

Fuckin' Bungie. Wanted to reduce the skill cap and make crucible for the masses, ended up where the masses are going to get run out of town by a bunch of pubstomping pre made teams. Great frickin job. There's no more 6v6, rumble, or anything to even soften the blow of premade team=total obliteration. And Crucible population dropped through the floor. GREAT JOB BUNGIE.

Back