PUBG - PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds [XO, PS4]

True A lot less Bugs, you certainly have that right, though why are you defending them

We're not. Also, it's not released, it's in games preview, but I suppose that distinction is beyond your comprehension. Also you're wrong in most aspects as well because the game isn't broken. It's not performant in certain areas, but it's entirely playable in others as evident by the massive number of players it still draws despite all the flaws.

Yes, Fortnite is a lot less of everything.
That's kind of a cheap shot at Fortnite. Sure the map is smaller, but does that mean it's a lesser experience?

Smaller map, streamlined loot system and the building mechanic makes Fortnite faster paced. It's a similar game in concept, but plays differently. Not better or worse, it depends on your preference.

1 million players on Xbox now.

I don't know which thread I was writing to earlier, but someone was trying to point out that Xbox had nothing for a while, and I said PUBG. By a million in Edit: 48 hrs. Only likely accelerate from here on out. If you only focus on single players games I can see how this flew under your radar. Twitch really is a better benchmark of what the world is interested in playing than just pure sales figures.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12...id=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_photo_lrn_12.15.3
Twitch can be a good indicator of popularity, but not always. Streamers are sponsored to play certain games and viewer count is highly variable because of that.

Twitch is also just a source of entertainment. A lot of people, believe it or not, follow and view streamers solely for entertainment.

Player count is a definitive measure though, and PUBG is no doubt a popular game. BR games are blowing up right now. Both PUBG and Fortnite are above 20M players.

I've said since the announcement that this is XB1's biggest 'exclusive'. It will sell a lot, but I don't see it as a system mover, because it already has a massive install base on PC. And development is well ahead of XB1.

That's kind of a cheap shot at Fortnite. Sure the map is smaller, but does that mean it's a lesser experience?

Smaller map, streamlined loot system and the building mechanic makes Fortnite faster paced. It's a similar game in concept, but plays differently. Not better or worse, it depends on your preference.

Twitch can be a good indicator of popularity, but not always. Streamers are sponsored to play certain games and viewer count is highly variable because of that.

Twitch is also just a source of entertainment. A lot of people, believe it or not, follow and view streamers solely for entertainment.

Player count is a definitive measure though, and PUBG is no doubt a popular game. BR games are blowing up right now. Both PUBG and Fortnite are above 20M players.

I've said since the announcement that this is XB1's biggest 'exclusive'. It will sell a lot, but I don't see it as a system mover, because it already has a massive install base on PC. And development is well ahead of XB1.
yea it will have legs no doubt. I think in time when the issues are ironed out, it will help stop other competitors from coming in and taking over it's pole position over battle royale games.

Pubg's map and world are far more complex than Fortnite. That's just a fact. It's also not a AAA game.
No one is disputing that. I just felt that 'a lot less of everything' is kind of a cheap shot at Fortnite... makes Fortnite sound like a lesser game or experience, but that's not the case. If that wasn't his intent, then I apologize, but it sure sounded like a cheap shot.
yea it will have legs no doubt. I think in time when the issues are ironed out, it will help stop other competitors from coming in and taking over it's pole position over battle royale games.
I mean in terms of player count, I believe Fortnite is higher. Last reported figures were 30M vs 20M. But Fortnite is free to play and on more platforms, so it's difficult to judge which is more popular.

On twitch, PUBG is usually higher in view count, so there's that. But again, twitch is highly variable, and player count is definitive.

This will be my last post on Fortnite vs PUBG, both are great games. Hopefully they can stabilize the XB1 build though because it does need some work.

No one is disputing that. I just felt that 'a lot less of everything' is kind of a cheap shot at Fortnite... makes Fortnite sound like a lesser game or experience, but that's not the case. If that wasn't his intent, then I apologize, but it sure sounded like a cheap shot.

I mean in terms of player count, I believe Fortnite is higher. Last reported figures were 30M vs 20M. But Fortnite is free to play and on more platforms, so it's difficult to judge which is more popular.

On twitch, PUBG is usually higher in view count, so there's that. But again, twitch is highly variable, and player count is definitive.

This will be my last post on Fortnite vs PUBG, both are great games. Hopefully they can stabilize the XB1 build though because it does need some work.
I think the combined base of fortnite being larger than PUBG is highly probable. I definitely agree with that assessment, being free also helps as well.

So, PUGB on xbox seems to have aim acceleration which kicks in quickly. Best way to combat it is to turn the sensitivity way down. I've actually been playing with my aim sensitivity lowered to 2 and deadzone at 0. Much easier to track targets and not over/under aim.

First patch ... 4.7 GB :oops:

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/134575-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-1/

Xbox Players,

We are glad players are enjoying PUBG in Xbox Game Preview and we appreciate all of the great feedback we’ve received. We take listening and reacting to our player base seriously, and we will work with our community to find opportunity to continually improve the player experience while in “XGP” and beyond.

Please continue to bring your feedback, questions and enthusiasm to: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/178-xbox/

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:

Gameplay

• Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
UI/UX

• Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
  • Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
  • UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
Character

• Tweaked hair color options
Animation

• Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
  • Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
  • Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
  • Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
Others

• First pass visual and performance improvements
  • Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
  • Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
  • Keyboard functionality is disabled
Bug Fixes

• Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
  • Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
  • Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
  • Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
  • Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
  • Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
  • Fixed typo in the controller guide
  • Other minor fixes
Thank you again from all of us at the team.

See you in-game,

The PUBG Development and Community Team

I'll try it out and see if I notice any differences on the One X.

Last edited:
First patch ... 4.7 GB :oops:
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/134575-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-1/
I'll try it out and see if I notice any differences on the One X.

Keep us updated. Initial impressions seem generally positive on ResetEra, included a few of them below.

I'm not sure why some are surprised at a patch within 1 week of it entering Game Preview. I can't find exactly where they talked about it, but I recall something about game updates coming around once a week.

~~~
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1s...e-preview-announced.11782/page-2#post-2295440
On the X the lobby is pretty much 30fps now, if nobody throws molotovs around, the game itself is also locked 30fps most of the time for me. Since they changed something from the server side 2 days ago, even better now after the patch.
Besides the still bad lag at the beginning of a match, it's smooth.

~~~
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1s...e-preview-announced.11782/page-2#post-2296263
I think the game runs better on my X after the patch. The difference in the starting lobby, the airplane and while driving is especially noticeable.

There still is a lot of work that needs to be done, but this is a nice start.
~~~
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1s...e-preview-announced.11782/page-2#post-2298072
Just played the the game wirh the new patch, it's so much better! Even on the plane the frames are more consistent, not perfect, but it's a lot better.

PS: Played on the Xbox One OG

It's noticeably better. Some of the bigger towns with a lot of houses still seem to exhibit the worst of the frame rates. Aiming feels smoother most of the time. It's definitely not locked 30, but it's a much better experience. The default controls still probably need some work, but I think I'd be comfortable bumping up my sensitivies by one. My try it later.

Also you're wrong in most aspects as well because the game isn't broken. It's not performant in certain areas, but it's entirely playable in others as evident by the massive number of players it still draws despite all the flaws.
just drop it. Its broken deal with it, see the above video's theres no way the games not broken as it currently exists now.
WRT why ppl play a game in large number that is obviously so broken? I suppose you can read reviews why that is, eg heres one of the first reviews for PC (which is less broken than the xbox version)
https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/20/16795524/pubg-review-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-pc-xbox-one
scroll down to the video with the large words on it
PUBG IS BROKEN AS HELL
So what rating does this broken game get?
10/10 :LOL:
I suppose thats why ppl play such a broken game

This was a fair view of the pre-patch state. They love the game, but know it needs work on XB. IMO MS should have sponsored a beta or preview version. Give it away free for a month or so while it gets patched up and get people hooked on the game itself.

This was a fair view of the pre-patch state. They love the game, but know it needs work on XB. IMO MS should have sponsored a beta or preview version. Give it away free for a month or so while it gets patched up and get people hooked on the game itself.

I think the video is a fair look at the game. I'm not sure a beta or demo of a game in preview makes much sense. Maybe Game Preview should have a more clear explanation. I don't know how Steam describes Early Access. My thought is they probably could have waited start selling the game until after Christmas, but there are obvious monetary reasons for not waiting, for both Microsoft and Bluenote.

I kind of like the point at the end about pc vs console. It's part of what I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think. People on console have an expectation on quality performance etc. PC has a long history of games that release messed up and get better over time. PC players are a lot more accepting of issues in games. On console, there's no history of that.

Last edited:
just drop it. Its broken deal with it, see the above video's theres no way the games not broken as it currently exists now.
WRT why ppl play a game in large number that is obviously so broken? I suppose you can read reviews why that is, eg heres one of the first reviews for PC (which is less broken than the xbox version)
https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/20/16795524/pubg-review-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-pc-xbox-one
scroll down to the video with the large words on it
PUBG IS BROKEN AS HELL
So what rating does this broken game get?
10/10 :LOL:
I suppose thats why ppl play such a broken game

Are you arguing people play it because the media has tricked them into thinking it's good?

Back