PUBG - PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds [XO, PS4]

Well so basically you're saying the Unreal engine can in fact create a battle royale game that runs with good performance as its been done with Fortnite Battleground (runs at 60fps and looks better to boot), so why is PUBG so broken, unless you're claiming epic has purposely cripple PUBG somehow? I think its more just the team and not the engine per se, just look at all the aspects of it, not just the performance. eg the animations of the ppl are just laughable, the textures etc

Fortnite is 30fps, the map is smaller and the world is a lot less complex.

Yes, Fortnite is a lot less of everything.

1 million players on Xbox now.

I don't know which thread I was writing to earlier, but someone was trying to point out that Xbox had nothing for a while, and I said PUBG. By a million in Edit: 48 hrs. Only likely accelerate from here on out. If you only focus on single players games I can see how this flew under your radar. Twitch really is a better benchmark of what the world is interested in playing than just pure sales figures.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12...id=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_photo_lrn_12.15.3

Last edited:
read somewhere that they are starting a limited offer where every new 1X gets it for free.

with all the issues it has, at least it seems to be good where it matters. People seem to be having fun with it.

far from perfect during actual game play, but not broken.

read somewhere that they are starting a limited offer where every new 1X gets it for free.

with all the issues it has, at least it seems to be good where it matters. People seem to be having fun with it.

far from perfect during actual game play, but not broken.
Luckily they have the PC version to somewhat model after. Build being 6 months behind is quite a bit of catchup. But doable if the right team is there.

Luckily they have the PC version to somewhat model after. Build being 6 months behind is quite a bit of catchup. But doable if the right team is there.
the build itself may be 6months old, but it seems to have recent features already implemented. Maybe thats when they branched the code.

so not sure if it being 6months old is actually correct or not, or what it means in this context.

in terms of performance etc it can't be that old as they had dedicated team working on it, and as i said it has features like vaulting that's lot more recent than that.

the build itself may be 6months old, but it seems to have recent features already implemented. Maybe thats when they branched the code.

so not sure if it being 6months old is actually correct or not, or what it means in this context.

in terms of performance etc it can't be that old as they had dedicated team working on it, and as i said it has features like vaulting that's lot more recent than that.

The 6 months statement came from the dev, talking about when console would align with the pc version.

PUBG is basically cocaine. The reason why is because it feeds you adrenaline more than any other game I've played. It's a non-stop fight or flight response. The suspense is the great game feature. If I had to describe something similar as an experience, I'd say playing paintball outdoors. It's not as intense as paintball, but it's a good simulation of the feeling.

PUBG is basically cocaine. The reason why is because it feeds you adrenaline more than any other game I've played. It's a non-stop fight or flight response. The suspense is the great game feature. If I had to describe something similar as an experience, I'd say playing paintball outdoors. It's not as intense as paintball, but it's a good simulation of the feeling.

As an old PC head, I had this exact same feeling some 18 years ago, when I first played Unreal Tournament. M-M-M-Monster Kill!!! Them were the days...

A friend of mine plays pubg on pc, and he said his fitness band reported his heart rate went up to 150 once when he was in the final 10 solo.

Weird, I haven't even played PUBG yet but I thought the same comparison to paintball from just watching it. Also kind of reminds of the the old Tom Clancy games online. It's probably the wide open areas...

A friend of mine plays pubg on pc, and he said his fitness band reported his heart rate went up to 150 once when he was in the final 10 solo.
LOL. Reminds me when I laddered for Starcraft 2. I was hitting 160bpm easily. Which is scary because I’m not breathing heavily. Couldn’t ever play Sc2 for several hours before sleep otherwise I wouldn’t be sleeping. Anxiety is such a real thing.

Weird, I haven't even played PUBG yet but I thought the same comparison to paintball from just watching it. Also kind of reminds of the the old Tom Clancy games online. It's probably the wide open areas...

PUBG does a lot right. The map is varied and the loot is interesting. There are so many strategic elements to the game, starting with where you're going to parachute into. That said, it has some of the worst netcode in gaming (pc and console) and it's always had a budget quality to it. I really think it's the adrenaline that's carried the game, which means there is a lot of room for other battle royale games to come in and unseat it. The first time playing paintball is much more intimidating than playing a video game, but I feel like there's a similarity in the experience, just one is an order of magnitude more intense than the other.

LOL. Reminds me when I laddered for Starcraft 2. I was hitting 160bpm easily. Which is scary because I’m not breathing heavily. Couldn’t ever play Sc2 for several hours before sleep otherwise I wouldn’t be sleeping. Anxiety is such a real thing.

I don't know if I should try this game.

If my heart rate exceeds 160 I think I'd die from heart explosion. I hardly hit over 150 during extreme elliptical or roller blading sessions. When I was using Fitbit Charge 2 (January through October) my resting heart rate ranged from 55 to 58. I always thought it was somehow broken, but it read the same on coworkers devices too. So I too am associating that 160bbm with extremely high exertion levels.

Maybe playing PUBG is more like the adrenaline kick in the movie Wanted? That's where the heart beats more for improved response reactions.

I don't know if I should try this game.

If my heart rate exceeds 160 I think I'd die from heart explosion. I hardly hit over 150 during extreme elliptical or roller blading sessions. When I was using Fitbit Charge 2 (January through October) my resting heart rate ranged from 55 to 58. I always thought it was somehow broken, but it read the same on coworkers devices too. So I too am associating that 160bbm with extremely high exertion levels.

Maybe playing PUBG is more like the adrenaline kick in the movie Wanted? That's where the heart beats more for improved response reactions.
Try it :) see if you lose weight LOL

Fortnite is 30fps, the map is smaller and the world is a lot less complex.
Sorry, I was wrong. I saw them side by side on youtube and assumed it was 60, though I do see you can unlock the FPS on fortnite so it goes above 30fps

Yes, Fortnite is a lot less of everything.
True A lot less Bugs, you certainly have that right, though why are you defending them releasing a game in this broken state, I don't think I've seen such a broken AAA game since superman 64

Back