What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Man that game ... that is just another complete Uncharted story all by itself. It was pretty darn epic. If you liked the last Uncharted, it’s a good time to give this one a go!

Edit: took me about 10 hours

Last edited:
After lots of disappointments, that I either did not buy because of some crazy gaming mechanisms (BF SW, Destiny 2 DLC), or I bought and that ultimately turned me away after two hours of gaming (Wolfenstein 2...what the heck happened to you, troubled child hood backlashes in my shooter...rly?!?), couldn't get into my favorite new IP Horizon Zero down DLC either...I was desperate to find a game to play in winter season. Tried out BF4, BF1, COD, Shadow Warrior 2, Rainbow Six Siege...nothing clicked anymore. Vampyr was delayed. Kingdom Come as well. Endgame 2017 is fubar imo.

In pure desperation, I even dusted off my ol Switch, and tried some more Zelda...which I still can't get into. The childish setting is hard to swallow for me. The graphics downgrade is a bit rough, after playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Being hectic and in panic, I still ordered Mario cart, I ordered the new Mario game hoping for joy...first Mario game I bought since about 25 years. Sits unpacked here, as I am not feeling it right now.

Ok, so what do I play right now...I just went back to the king: Diablo 3.

Jumped into season 12. Boom, I love games where the progression system is so fast that every minute something pops up. I like that in contrast to all other RPGs there is no one way road...you can change skills all the time, you do not lose, you can find new combinations all the time...whereas all other RPGs block you out from certain "choices" by making a "choice". Some games allow to respec...that is not the same.

The dynamics of Diablo 3 levelling up system is unmatched imo. Now in endgame, it is all about grinding to find new gears and hopefully push higher Great Rifts...boom, the Diablo 3 virus catched me again.

Perfect game, I even bought the Necro DLC now...and brought him up with my own Rathma build to Torment 12 (GR55) so far...I hope I can break Torment 13, need some better roles on some of my gears, and some better rings.

Diablo 3 is perfection!

A Ghouls n’ Ghosts game for the PSP (Vita). It’s kinda amazing sometimes to drop back into the portable world and see the beauty.

I really wish Cuphead would hit the Vita.

Been going through a platformer stage. Finished Max The Curse of the Brotherhood that I got free with Games with Gold long time ago & now have bought Unravel for $5 on sale. Have a few more on my wishlist that I will get once they go on sale too. Hopefully they will keep me satisfied until Ori Will of Wisps comes out.

Tommy McClain

I enjoyed both of those games. Unravel can hit the feels. There was only 1 tough level that I hadnt bothered trying to go for the complete all levels without dieing achievement. I wish it had some sort of DLC / level creation kit addon like Disney ToyBox or Little Big Planet to extend the game.

I have a question, a long time Ratchet fan I still enjoy playing RnC games, but I somehow lived the ps2 days without ever even knowing Jak and Daxter. now that all those games ar eon ps4 I realised I had $15 lying in my wallet and I want to try one. Question is which one should I go for if I can try just one? Which is th ebest out of the three? Jak 1 , 2 or 3 ?

Tried the Monster Hunter beta...is free for plus members btw. Check it out!

On the fence right now...seems okish, not 100% sure. But I only played the first quest.

Also tried out The Division free weekend trial.

Graphics good, hud is slick, gameplay ok. I am not sure about the setting though...it somehow turns me away.

I have a question, a long time Ratchet fan I still enjoy playing RnC games, but I somehow lived the ps2 days without ever even knowing Jak and Daxter. now that all those games ar eon ps4 I realised I had $15 lying in my wallet and I want to try one. Question is which one should I go for if I can try just one? Which is th ebest out of the three? Jak 1 , 2 or 3 ?

I second Arwin's post. Go with Jak 1. It's a cute, innocent platformer full of fun challenges, a wonderfully designed semi-open word and virtually no downtime. Like most 3d platformers it's a bit of a collectathon, but collecting stuff is always a joy in Jak1 because it's intriniscally connected with all sorts of fun challenges. It's aged really well, and it's everything Yooka Laylee should have been.
Jak2 is probaly the most Y2K game in existence. Or maybe that would be Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Just like Heavy Metal got pathetic and whiny in the late 90s, so did quite a few games. Jak2 tries so hard to be dark and edgy it really hurts.
They toned it down with Jak3 thank god.

Last edited:
I second Arwin's post. Go with Jak 1. It's a cute, innocent platformer full of fun challenges, a wonderfully designed semi-open word and virtually no downtime. Like most 3d platformers it's a bit of a collectathon, but collecting stuff is always a joy in Jak1 because it's intriniscally connected with all sorts of fun challenges. It's aged really well, and it's everything Yooka Laylee should have been.
Jak2 is probaly the most Y2K game in existence. Or maybe that would be Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Just like Heavy Metal got pathetic and whiny in the late 90s, so did quite a few games. Jak2 tries so hard to be dark and edgy it really hurts.
They toned it down with Jak3 thank god.
Jak 1 for me as well. Actually it's my favourite platformer of all time, and one of few games that I completed 100%.
Highly recommended.

Great so Jak 1 seems like a unanimous choice. Will go for it :)

In other news, I ordered a Switch finally ! Burnt with the lame ass handling of Destiny 2 and finding AC origins somehow pathetically boring and flat I gave in and ordered a switch to play Zelda which seem like a game which actually lets you "play" like games should. Waiting with bated breath for the delivery and also a bit worried that I dont get turned off by the low res IQ and gfx on th eswitch . My laptop with 1060 has really spoilt me in terms of IQ and 60 fps for the past one year. I am sure gameplay will trump over gfx, just like in Nier Automata !

Also, hoping I can get Xenoblade Chronicles 2 soon, didnt buy that so that I actually enjoy Zelda :D

Wrestling with both Zelda and XBC2 at the same time has proven to be an impossible task for me. These games are just way too big and I fear I'm never gonna finish either one of them this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back