Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

Was it Leoric's Crown?
hahahah, it never fails. Played the Diablo 1 remake a little, yesterday. It was a good experience for me. I shall probably play it a little more today again. I liked the classic pixelated touch and colour banding. :smile2:

BUT, I've never played D1 save for maybe a demo. A friend of mine who is a huge D1 fan wanted a remake and is resentful because he says it's the skeleton's king dungeon with filters :D

No D1: characters, no enemies, no scrolls of skills, no original soundtrack. I wrote D2 guides and so on, if they made D2 like that I'd probably feel like him.

Well, I completed the event. It felt like playing an Arcade game, since it took me less than 1 hour in Torment 3. Arcade = fun. The coolest thing though is the fact that they added the FMV of Diablo 1 :smile2:

Had a lot of fun last night playing three new Demon Hunters at Torment 5. Coop is necessary, focussing firepower to bring down enemies, and fleeing some impossible bosses. Every new weapon etc. is so valuable, in contrast to the typical play where another 50 thousand damage makes no difference and the screen is so full of effects you can't see a damned thing that's happening and look at you health-bar and skill-recharge icons instead of the gameplay.

a person alone has created the entire Diablo 2 game in StarCraft 2. This is incredible.

Discoverd Diablo 3 again. Now season 12.

Rocking a solo Necro, with Rathma set. Found the Jesseth set as well, which works perfectly for my pet build. I really enjoyed the Witch Doctor pet builds...so I am all up for Necro pets.

I finished Torment 2 Nehalem Rift yesterday, and the GR55 as well.

So, I am no my way to Torment 13.

I use an unusual Necro build, compared to the builds found in forums. I do not use a primary Essence generator, and I am curious how far I can bring it with this.

Here is the build and the idea:

I use the Skelett Commando for my primary DPS. With frenzy and the 6-piece bonus of the RAthma set...amazing seeing them sprinting around and killing all.

To bring the damage up, I have of course the Skellet Mages. With the special ring, one cast brings up two of those fuckers...I need constantly 4 up, to get the nice 4000% damage bonus!

Here comes the difference to most builds I saw: I use the Golem as well. I use the flesh golem, on activation, it spashes into 6 corpses. Furthermore, I have in my Kanai cube the special ability that lets the Golem shed a corpse every second! I need the corpses...as these are my only(!) essence source.

I use devour with aura to permanently absorb corpses and generate essence. On top, I use the passive skill that generates health orbs. On top, I use the Reapers shoulder pads that give extra essence when absorbing a health orb. So far, this strategy is enough to manage my Essence...I love it :)

Furthermore, I use a weird defense system: I have two(!) curse skills and I use them both all the time. The reason is that I have a special legendary belt, that increases my defense by 50% when I curse someone...the amazing thing is that it procs two times, when two different curses are used. So, when I have constantly the two curses up...my toughness is basically multiplied by 4.

On top, the frailty curse reduces health of enemies down to 85%. The other slow down curse is important as well, as it procs the legendary gem that increases damage by over 20% (still levelling up).

I really want to try out some variations...singular Mages e.g.

I tried the long cool down skills...but I do not enjoy the gameplay associated with it as much.

I am curious, how far I can get with this build...

Managed to finish Torment 13 rift and GR60 as well.

Figured my double curse triggering double dmg reduction was wrong :(

It feels like I am now at the limit of my build...

Anyone knows another good pet build class?

I played WD and Necro...curious if there is another pet class?

Monk has a useable pet build now as well, but it isn't top tier. Can still do all season objectives with it, however. It's just not competitive for seasonal ladder boards.

Regards,
SB

I did restart as a monk last month and found it very refreshing. I guess I should ditch trying to hope Destiny 2 gets back to Destiny1 level and just go back to Diablo 3. If only Diablo 3 on pc had gamepad support i would play much more as i am usually on my laptop these days and just dont like th emouse gameplay after having played it on ps3 and 4 for a long time.

Leveling up a demon hunter...is ok-ish.

Also leveling up Witch Doctor in season...just love this class...so over the top crazy and cool!

Season is no real difference in gameplay.

It is a bit different in progression:

Adventure mode is unlocked right from the start, no need to play campaign.

There are multiple season journeys (tasks) to do. Everytime you finish a chapter in the journey, you get a special gift.

The gift contains part of a set, after chapter 4 you have a complete set gear.

This is basically a fast start into endgame.

From this on, you can work your way up in greater rifts :)

Every season, another set is giftet...

Your forgot the major differentiation for Seasons is that your character is isolated from your normal game. You start at level 1 with no access to your shared bank from normal characters, you have to upgrade the blacksmith, mystic etc

If you get far enough in the season, you can also unlock an additional stash tab (up to 4 can be earned this way, max of 1 per season).

Anything unlocked in Seasons is unlocked for normal play. Item and characters at the end of a Season transfer to normal play as well.

Regards,
SB

Yeah I've never come close to those kinds of levels in Seasons to unlock a stash tab. My ability with any character maxes out around GR60.

Finally got my first set for WD...brought me up to T10.

I love using angry chicken set :)

However, I am missing some key gear...I am a pure glass canon...dmg is good, but even with all passives on defense...I am always close to death.

Zuni set defense is a bit hit an miss imo...once the fetish are up...it is fine.

Back