Destiny 2

wow, thats too much control over how they WANT me to play Destiny. What if I have one gaming "time" a week and I want to make all the progress I can as I cannot play again until next week? :-/ I dont care if its about MTs as, like Rangers said, there is nothing in D2 that one is dying to buy.
But such control over playstyles seems extreme to me. If it was the norm in MMOs then I didn't know and knowing this now makes me feel bad. Its like saying don't play my game well or you will be punished instead of being rewarded.
Also if it is just about forcing us to not binge play but play regularly then I find it alarming that someone would want to condition us to that extent in making sure we play "EXACTLY" how they want us to.

hmm maybe bungie actually has not fixed their horrendous engine?

in D1, the slow content drop and fixes could be blamed to the slow-ass engine/editor, and the ridiculous dependencies between codes/variables. Now it looks like their revamped engine for D2 still have the same problem despite they say its one of their focus to fix it to accommodate faster content drops.

Bungie statement

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2.
Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events. We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community.
Effective immediately, we are deactivating this system.
As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface. Over the course of the next week, we will be watching and reviewing XP game data to ensure that these changes meet our expectations, as well as yours. Any additional updates to this system will be communicated to you via our official channels.

You be the judge I guess.

We’ve seen community discussion around XP gain in Destiny. After reviewing our data, we agree that the system is not performing the way we’d like it to. Today, we’d like to describe what’s going on under the hood, and talk about what you can expect going forward when it comes to earning XP in Destiny 2.
Currently, XP will scale up when playing longer or fixed duration activities like Crucible competitive multiplayer matches and the Leviathan Raid, and XP will scale down when playing activities that can be quickly, repeatedly chained, like grinding Public Events. We are not happy with the results, and we’ve heard the same from the community.
As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface. Over the course of the next week, we will be watching and reviewing XP game data to ensure that these changes meet our expectations, as well as yours. Any additional updates to this system will be communicated to you via our official channels.
Scummy, predatory BS language. Rather than admitting guilt, they take us for dummies. They replied very quickly after gaming media began reporting it. Gotta have to nip it in the bud.
I'm done with this studio. Gambling regulations cannot come soon enough...

Last edited:
As a result, players will see XP earn rates change for all activities across the board, but with all values being displayed consistently in the user interface.
What "system" exactly is it they're turning off? From the wording, it seems the only thing actually changing is that the values won't be lying to players any longer, but that you'll still be experiencing diminishing returns on time investments. Or...? What?

This was not long known, and it is a big deal...but I see that B3D dev defense is in full force again.

This was just discovered now, and immediately the game devs paddle back...what a horde of asses.

They sell double xp accelerators, than secretely scale back xp when you earn them to fast, while displaying a wrong XP number on screen. That is criminal, downright stealing money from customers.

No DLC for me.

This was not long known, and it is a big deal...but I see that B3D dev defense is in full force again.

This was just discovered now, and immediately the game devs paddle back...what a horde of asses.

They sell double xp accelerators, than secretely scale back xp when you earn them to fast, while displaying a wrong XP number on screen. That is criminal, downright stealing money from customers.

No DLC for me.
This is legit criminal. Lol I do hope they get called out for this.

Not to mention artificially slowing down bright engram progress (and lying about it, and charging for XP accelerators) are all methods to force the user to buy silver for engrams. Considering their price point, they are quite expensive for 5 bright engrams.

After the update, the numbers displayed on the screen are still lies.

E: Maybe the PE are only affected? So i swamped to another character who was near leveling and killed some mobs. I needed 130xp to reach a bright engram, after 245xp + 1 Legionnaire kill i got it. Xp has been halfed globally, it's not just public events.

E2: Running a strike to see if it's the same. I doubled check with the recording and not only did i miss count the mobs killed (didn't factor in teammate) there was also a coin being used. Strikes are also affected by the -50% exp. I hopped back in and killed 1 mob to confirm suspicion, display said 43xp yet tracker says 21xp. This is worse than i originally though, strikes are worse off than before.

No DLC for me.
Agreed this isn't a case of innocent devs. Whether this is Activision's push or Bungie's , doesnt matter. They were clearly selling XP boosts while nerfing XP while playing.

What a time ....who would have thought games, a way to have fun, would come to this one day. :rolleyes:

This may be a blessing in disguise, they're cancelling their planned stream (probably in large part to the XP backlash), and instead are going to let us know about their goals and how they've been listening to feedback.

This is what is needed to fix this game; Bungie needs to be more transparent, and the community needs to be less toxic and try to provide more constructive criticism, because there's A LOT of toxicity in the community.

The problem with Bungie is their lack of communication. There are so many complaints and Bungie doesn't show us that they're listening.

Last edited:
There are so much constructive posts in the forums, so many constructive vids from youtubers like datto and many others.

Bungie never reacted and cared in all honesty. After being ignored till this day by Bungie, part of the community went indeed toxic and lost their hope.

Despite all the issues, I enjoyed the heck out of the game and got my bang for the bug, so I can‘t really moan...it is true that the content is a bit sparse in endgame, all enemies and art got reused (D2 feels more like a DLC), exotics are quite unexotic etc etc...the gameplay was still extremely good for me and it just made a lot of fun.

I got my $60 worth, but I was hoping it would be my go to game for the next year, sadly I don't bother logging in anymore, there is nothing left to do. The grind doesn't exists with fixed rolls and the PvP is just boring.

Ign posted an article on five reasons not to buy the Curse of Osiris. This is really bad publicity a week before the release.
A lot of people are waiting on their next blog post. I am still curious about it, but written words are much less spontaneous than a stream.
They will carefuly review every words multiple times. No more "most rewarding event ever [two tokens and a blue], look at that sweet sweet, ..., moves "

I dont think they addressed any of the problems in the game.

As Datto said, all the changes make it EVEN EASIER to get all the loot. And it's already way too easy. So they kinda did the opposite of whats needed to reward heavy players.

And they did not address that crucible kinda sucks...

Back