Destiny 2 [PC] + Battle.net

The AI does feel dumbed down in D2 no doubt, not just compared to Halo but even when compared to D1 it is less aggressive. One can easily find fallen or hive just standing without reaction in D2......I am guessing its all to make it less challenging and more open to casuals as compared to D1 which was about challenge. Making the game easier is a theme one can see in every aspect going from D1 to 2.
Sounds disappointing, though I wonder about implications to networking.

OK, one more huge annoyance when using the inventory. WTF does it shuffle all the gear everytime you take something out? It's already hugely annoying to have to deal with. This just makes it almost unusable. You can't just pull out a series of weapons easily as you have to constantly search for the next one to pull out.

I'm starting to think it was just some huge joke on the developers part. They can't be this moronically incompetent, can they?

Ugh. So, is there any good PC inventory managers? Although that wouldn't help in the slightest with this problem I just noticed.

Regards,
SB

This is my opinion but I strongly believe it is true.

This DLC is a scam. Period.
Bungie is a culprit here and should be taken to task. I have trying to get a refund from BLizzard for my expansion pass which I bought just 3 days back to no avail. Blizzard just doesn't want to understand.

The expansion was supposed to have a campaign, two strikes, a new planet and a raid (or a new PvE activity).
We got
  • a campaign,
  • no strikes ( they are the same campaign missions thrown into strike playlist),
  • No raid ( bungie itself agrees it is a small encounter)
  • and a new planet which is nothing like a planet ! A circle with one lost sector ! Nessus or EDZ is called a planet.
  • On top of that u get guns n gear which are from Destiny 1 ! Something I have paid for many times before and can play with without paying any more money by playing D1.

How is this okay! How is this anywhere near what was promised? Nothing except the campaign is what Bungie had promised for my $35 (Or 20 for this dlc) . No, it is not okay to call Bungie right in this matter and I finally am throwing my hands up. I really really like Destiny gameplay but this ....it seems the ship has sailed and Destiny is just not Destiny anymmore. They saw a gold mine in th emaking and ruined it at the very first step.

Sorry bungie, not a fan anymore :( . I still have HALO CE on my PC, I will still be around in D2 strikes to peek around as BLizzard wont refund me but I wont ever buy ur games blindfolded again. You have lost sight of what makes games great: the belief in the game.

Posting this as a reminder here for anyone who hasn't moved their Destiny 2 account to Steam from Battle.net.

With Destiny 2 moving to Steam as F2P (base game is Free, extra content has to be purchased) Bungie are offering a 1 time free account move from Battle.net to Steam. This offer ends Oct. 1st when the new expansion releases for Destiny 2.

I might start playing this again after the move. I've been hearing good things about the changes Bungie have been making in preparation of being on Steam and no longer being under the control of Activision-Blizzard.

Stopped playing before as I couldn't be bothered to start up the Battle.net client. :p And the game was a bit of a mess at the time. Have heard it has steadily gotten a lot better though.

Regards,
SB

Posting this as a reminder here for anyone who hasn't moved their Destiny 2 account to Steam from Battle.net.

With Destiny 2 moving to Steam as F2P (base game is Free, extra content has to be purchased) Bungie are offering a 1 time free account move from Battle.net to Steam. This offer ends Oct. 1st when the new expansion releases for Destiny 2.

I might start playing this again after the move. I've been hearing good things about the changes Bungie have been making in preparation of being on Steam and no longer being under the control of Activision-Blizzard.

Stopped playing before as I couldn't be bothered to start up the Battle.net client. :p And the game was a bit of a mess at the time. Have heard it has steadily gotten a lot better though.

Regards,
SB

What mess? It was fine on my work laptop

Aren't they gonna make even more loot boxes with shadowkeep and new light?

I don't know the details of what they plan to do.

As I mentioned the base game is free, but you have to pay for the latest content (expansion).

I also know that most Destiny streamers were very angry at Bioware due to the condition it was in for the entirety of the first season pass (first 3 DLC). However, now they are saying that Bioware are making a lot of changes that are making the game a lot better and that it'll be even better once the latest content releases alongside the Steam release.

Basically things they couldn't do while being published by Activision.

Regards,
SB

I don't know the details of what they plan to do.

As I mentioned the base game is free, but you have to pay for the latest content (expansion).

I also know that most Destiny streamers were very angry at Bioware due to the condition it was in for the entirety of the first season pass (first 3 DLC). However, now they are saying that Bioware are making a lot of changes that are making the game a lot better and that it'll be even better once the latest content releases alongside the Steam release.

Basically things they couldn't do while being published by Activision.

Regards,
SB

They already announced shadowkeep will have even more loot boxes (purchased with real or fake money) for many more stuff.

They didn't say it as "more loot box" but branded it as "more sources for getting more stuff" or something like that.

BTW destiny under Activision also allows me to totally ignore micro transaction. Hopefully after they split, they will still allow me to ignore microstansaction painlessly

With a F2P game they kinda need micro-transactions to survive. They're probably not going to survive on expansions alone.

That doesn't mean loot boxes necessarily. Warframe has more sources of getting stuff than Destiny 2 and it has no loot boxes.

Regards,
SB

On destiny, it's loot boxes. The most prominent one will be the new cylindrical vendor (loot cylinder?) that will work similar with the loot chalice in menagerie.

Do you have any source for your statement that the deadline for transfer is on October 1st?

I cannot see that it says that you cannot transfer at a later date.
What happens if I don’t sign up to move my Guardians to Steam?
Unfortunately, Destiny will no longer be available on Blizzard’s Battle.net after October 1. We hope you’ll follow us to our new home to continue your journey. It just wouldn’t be the same without you.
Destiny 2 simply won't exist on Battle.net after October 1, there's nothing to transfer from after that date.

Back