Movie Reviews 2.0

Seen JL in IMAX today. It was awesome! Definitely will see it again in the theater. Even after hearing of the 2hr length I was still surprised at the fast pace. That's not a knock at it either. I also heard of loads of other complaints & I just couldn't see them. Was it better than BvS? Absolutely. But as a Batman fanboy I'm not sure which I liked more. The extra viewing will help. BTW the group I was with(another over 40 & 4 under 19) were all big Marvel fans & they loved it too! None were fans of the other DC movies except Wonder Woman. If you like even one of the DC heroes, go see it.

Tommy McClain

The original Avengers also had that ratio. I like it for watching at home on 16:9 TVs. :p

Yeah It's definitely great at home. At cinema it does have a little narrow feel imo.

I also didn't have problems with the 2h running time of Justice League. The pace was fast and you felt it. I really do hope they release an extended edition for this, but this cut also worked for me.

Last edited:
I also didn't have problems with the 2h running time of Justice League.
2 hours would have been long for an action movie in the '80s. :p

It's only in the last decade and a half or so we've really been spoiled with these mastodontic extravaganzas. Peter Jackson helped cement this trend, particularly with Two Towers and Return of the King.

Watched it yesterday. It was not bad, but I still prefer BvS. This one has been majorly "Marvelised". But then again, I prefer dark and gritty to colorful and happy *shrugs*.

Rogue One. Such a good way to develop that "little" part of the plot before the first movie. I really liked it. I liked it more than Episode VII.

Cum on, you know that South Park was the first to cum with that joke.

The video game The Longest Journey had fun with that as well. The developers like those kinds of jokes. :)

In the The Longest Journey, Fiona joked that one of the things she and Mickey had in common was their love of classic English country inns "with suggestive names like 'The Lazy Cock'." Several of the pubs and taverns in Marcuria actually now have names like this (including 'The Salty Seaman' and 'The Cock and Puss'.)

http://tlj.wikia.com/wiki/Marcuria

Not a Movie review, but this is huge news for the typical movies everyone likely enjoys...

https://comic-watch.com/2017/12/07/disneyfoxclosedeal/

Weeks after news broke out that Walt Disney Co. was in talks with Fox to acquire their entertainment segment, 20th Century Fox, it has been confirmed that the two studios have closed the deal and could likely make the acquisition announcement sometime next week. This means Disney will officially own most of Marvel’s cinematic characters namely the Avengers, X-Men and Deadpool, to name some, and we will follow up as soon as we know further details.

This means Disney will officially own most of Marvel’s cinematic characters
Why did they sign away the rights in the first place, seemingly in perpetuity?

Spiderman has been with Sony for ages now - long enough to make six friggin movies and still no end in sight. Isn't the standard thing to make a deal for a set number of years/movies and then rights revert back again?

That's typical, but I suspect Fox is tired of mediocre business costs and the empire, I mean Disney, made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Why did they sign away the rights in the first place, seemingly in perpetuity?

Spiderman has been with Sony for ages now - long enough to make six friggin movies and still no end in sight. Isn't the standard thing to make a deal for a set number of years/movies and then rights revert back again?

I believe Marvel did that back when they were going through financial troubles. Bad negotiations or desperation might have been part of it.

In those days it was either that or the end of Marvel, so they signed deals that not many would be prepared to sign today.
Great news though, finally!

Back