Microsoft Xbox One X (XBOX) Reviews and Impressions

Yeah I agree they should have something ready for launch. Truth be told though, the pro didn’t have a flagship new exclusive at launch too and its marketing was based on COD:IW and if we compare what Sony had ready for the pro launch , and I remember them quite well cause I bought a pro at launch, and what ms has I don’t believe that Sony had the superior offerings. A 1440p uncharted 4 , infamous with broken hdr(that crushed blacks) and a remaster of a ps3 game (the last of us) . The best pro showcase was ratchet and clank. Ms has 4k versions of halo5, gears 4, forza 7, killer instinct and a 1440p version of quantum break. Not a bad launch and it could have been better had they not be holding off the patch for Forza Horizon 3 .
Sony wasnt making a big fuss out of the Pro though and it was never marketed as a major upgrade either because it never was one, unlike the X

from what I've read there's new ones, like messed up shadows and flickering.
be nice if those things got cleaned up, not sure what the chances of that is though. Fix the new issues and it could be another exclusive show case.

a lot of games seems to be shining on the 1X compared to the response they got at release

I only played a little bit. Didn't see it. That sucks.

Finally had time to sit down for an hour last night and play a bit more on the One X, had downloaded the Insect demo as it sold itself as being a good showcase of the updates. Seeing as I was still running on a 1080 television without HDR or the extra sound options I still thought it was rather good, switching between 1080 and 4k mode did give a noticeable difference in quality . Will have to take it round to a friends with a 4k tv and see what the real differences are....

How is availability in stores, you people who might keep track of stuff like that?
Should Be okay to grab one I think. Everyone I know that wanted one has been able to get it, except during launch week. Now that's over there seems to be supply

Has anyone had troubles playing The Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 2 4k blu ray disc on the X? Mine won't load past the initial blue screen, the disc is not damaged at all and it played just fine on my One S before I traded it in. I think the new update might have messed it up.

Has anyone had troubles playing The Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 2 4k blu ray disc on the X? Mine won't load past the initial blue screen, the disc is not damaged at all and it played just fine on my One S before I traded it in. I think the new update might have messed it up.

I’m on the beta fw that fixed the black levels and guardians 2 has been fine in uhd 4K. I’m in the uk fwiw.

Played through Gears 4 finally. Great use of HDR. Played in ISF mode that’s been pro calibrated. TV is lg oled 65c7. Some typical video game over saturation but they kept it in check.

The game is dark so It would have been easy to crush blacks with hdr but they did well to preserve shadow details while not going over the top specular highlights brightness.

Chapter 5 being outdoors and bright was also well done. There is certainly room for improvement but you can tell the studio “gets it.”

Of a fine example of the developers not having a clue about colors, F1 2017. I might run it today in game mode just to see how much worse it can look.

I’m on the beta fw that fixed the black levels and guardians 2 has been fine in uhd 4K. I’m in the uk fwiw.
What do you think could be the problem here? My X plays everything else perfectly, including more than 10 different UHD movie discs and obviously games but this GotG2 just seems to be stuck at the blue screen no matter how many times I eject and insert again. Also tried reinstall the app, restarting the console, swapped for a second new disc and the result is still the same:(. Got any suggestions?

Finally setup my B7.

God damn.

One thing I need to adjust is HDR brightness. Some shit is just too bright for a dim lit basement.

But I must say

F7 and Gears 4... god damn

Buying Origins now. Lol. Time to shop for UHD movies.

Origins is amazing! Guardians 2 is great UHD.

Finally setup my B7.

God damn.

One thing I need to adjust is HDR brightness. Some shit is just too bright for a dim lit basement.

But I must say

F7 and Gears 4... god damn

Buying Origins now. Lol. Time to shop for UHD movies.
Get Pacific Rim man, say what you will about the film but holy hell the raw HDR and wide color gamut performance are absolutely the best if you wanna a showcase piece, it's definitely a demo disc. Planet Earth 2, The Revenant, BvS and Transformers The Last Knight are all top quality HDR discs. Just have your wallet ready :).

Origins is amazing! Guardians 2 is great UHD.
question guys...
what does 36 bit / 12 bit colour output do?
I was under the assumption HDR10 was 30/10 bit colour

Is Dolby Vision 36/12 ? How do I know if my TV supports it?

question guys...
what does 36 bit / 12 bit colour output do?
I was under the assumption HDR10 was 30/10 bit colour

Is Dolby Vision 36/12 ? How do I know if my TV supports it?

Your panel is 10bit but you can take in a 12bit signal and process it. You can turn on the 4:2:2 also.

Your panel is 10bit but you can take in a 12bit signal and process it. You can turn on the 4:2:2 also.
thanks,
also curious to your HDR settings for Origins?
I'm guessing 1000 nits for brightness, but I wasn't sure what to set luminescence to

Back