Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is free-to-play for the next two days on Steam, offering the chance to try the latest installment in this cyberpunk shooter/RPG series For those who want to continue after that point, the game is also currently on sale, carrying a 75% discount.

Amazon US (and UK?) has a couple of indie games that caught my eye at all time low prices. They'll probably be bundled (again, in Shu's case) in the future.

Virginia is a walking sim with split reviews, $1: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073D3T5BF
https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=virginia#/page:game/info?plain=virginia

Shu is a good looking platformer with good reviews for $.70: https://www.amazon.com/Coatsink-Shu-Online-Game-Code/dp/B071P1YLD5/
https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=shu#/page:game/info?plain=shu

If they're unavailable now, check back later. Some of these flash prices turn out to be strobes.

The Steam link is £3.99 + postage. I think it's an awesome thing for that money. On my wired / homeplug connection at least. Can't vouch for latency on wireless.

The Steam link is £3.99 + postage. I think it's an awesome thing for that money. On my wired / homeplug connection at least. Can't vouch for latency on wireless.
It was actually even cheaper at one point, you could get it for under 2 eur as part of a cheap bundle (you could get refund on the game apparently), but for example shipping to Finland would have thrown the price straight up to around 20 eur, making it just too expensive for what it is. Lucky for me, my TV is close enough to my machine to use HDMI and if it wasn't, it has Steam Link as an app in it

Because a controller can't be used on the desktop to navigate like a mouse?

I bought it a while ago on internet advice but only just started using it. It does what Malo says, let you navigate your PC from your couch via the controller without needing to be in Big Picture Mode. Works fine with an Xbox One controller in Windows 10. I've only used it to browse and launch games from Steam. I have no idea how intuitive the virtual keyboard is. I'd recommend it.

It's not the "leaked" Rockstar bundle, but the new Humble Paradox bundle isn't bad if you wanted Pillars of Eternity or Stellaris:

$1
Cities In Motion 2
Magicka 2
Majesty 2 Collection

BTA (~$6)
Crusader Kings II + The Old Gods
Europa Universalis III "Complete"
Pillars of Eternity
Hearts of Iron III Collection

$12
Stellaris

If you like Pillars, buying the White March expansions (~$12 together on sale) will automatically give you the Royal Edition upgrade (so you end up with the Definitive Edition).

Last edited:
Humble Rockstar Bundle:
$1: Manhunt, GTA III, GTA:VC, Max Payne
BTA (~$8): Bully: Scholarship Ed., GTA: SA, LA Noire, Max Payne 2
$15: LA Noire DLC, GTA IV, GTA: Eps fr Liberty City, Max Payne 3 + DLC

Edit: I'll just note that there are a lot of complaints about Windows 10 compatibility with Bully and GTA IV. Just as well that Rockstar's donating all of their portion to charity, but Humble isn't. Consider setting their slider for their portion to below the default 20% for not mentioning it.

Last edited:
Humble Classics Return bundle (not bad for Torment:ToN):

$1 (for Steam keys, less for whatever has DRM-free downloads):
Broken Sword 5
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun Dragonfall Dir's Cut
Tesla Effect: Tex Murphy Adventure

BTA (~$8):
Age of Wonders 3
Shadowrun Hong Kong EE
Wasteland 2 (not the Director's Cut)
Xenonauts

$15:
Dreamfall Chapters: Final Cut Ed.
Torment: Tides of Numenera

And a couple of interesting Fanatical bundles: Indie Legends 7 $3.50, Fanatical Starter Bundle $2 (this is pretty great value).

Humble's current bundle, Jumbo 11, is okay. Supposedly the BTA reveal games will be Nex Machina and Human Fall Flat.

$1: Domina, Kingdom: New Lands, Rusty Lake: Roots
BTA ($5): Tropico 5 + two DLC, Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You, N++, Kathy Rain, Flat Kingdom
$15: Obduction

The next Humble Monthly has Deus Ex Mankind Divided, God Eater 2: Rage Burst (includes 1), and Mafia 3 as the early reveals. There are also some good (older) games in the Trove, which is free with the Monthly (for now--Humble circulated a survey asking if ppl preferred a cheaper Monthly with fewer games, or a pricier one that includes the Trove and some other stuff, so who knows if things will change).

Also, apparently Curse of Monkey Island finally went digital! Both GoG and Steam have it for $6, or ~$11 bundled with Monkey Island 1 & 2.

F1 2017 has a free weekend on Steam. It's $18 there and at Humble.

Last edited:
Finally got Crysis 3 and Ryse for PC with this sale -I paid 9$, 7.75€-, as I always very much liked CryEngine! (I only had Ryse on Xbox One). 13 days to go!! (there are more games than the ones I listed)

Pay $1 or more!

Rolling Sun

Aporia: Beyond The Valley

The Land of Pain

CRYENGINE V Samples

CRYENGINE Webinar Training Videos

Crysis Animation Pack
CRYENGINE Asset Files

Pay more than the average of $8.09 (about €6.70) to also unlock!

Early Access

Miscreated (Early Access)
DLC

SNOW - Pro Pack DLC

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

UAYEB

Ryse: Son of Rome

Underwater Demo Level
CRYENGINE Asset Files

Robinson: The Journey Asset Pack
CRYENGINE Asset Files

Ryse Egypt Asset Pack
CRYENGINE Asset Files

Crysis 3

Pay $15 (about €12.42) or more to also unlock!

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

Homefront: The Revolution

Deceit Asset Pack
CRYENGINE Asset Files

The Climb Asset Pack
CRYENGINE Asset Files

Am I missing anything from the Steam sale? Most of the games on my wishlist are on sale, but most of them are VR games that weren't really all that expensive to begin with.

Any large titles that are having a great sale I should be aware of? Right now, I'm leaning towards TrainerVR. Because, yeah... that looks like just my style and I think I've got $10 in the couch cushions.

Seriously, AAA game ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back