The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

How much content is in this game? Every mission I do, I end up getting lost doing 100 side quests, or exploring, I feel like I’m light years away from doing the story cause all I do is quests. Love it!
200 hrs in the base game if you tried to do them all I think.

How much content is in this game? Every mission I do, I end up getting lost doing 100 side quests, or exploring, I feel like I’m light years away from doing the story cause all I do is quests. Love it!

This was the downside for me. Every objective had a sub-objective, for which there was a sub-objective and often more sub-objectives. On the plus side, sub-objective quests were written with the same degree of care and attention to detail as main quests. Quite often I couldn't tell what was a main/sub/side quest. You end up doing them all because they are all great and then you realise you are retirement age and most of you're friends have died. :oops:

This was the downside for me. Every objective had a sub-objective, for which there was a sub-objective and often more sub-objectives. On the plus side, sub-objective quests were written with the same degree of care and attention to detail as main quests. Quite often I couldn't tell what was a main/sub/side quest. You end up doing them all because they are all great and then you realise you are retirement age and most of you're friends have died. :oops:

I'm waiting for that day to arrive.... so I can play more Witcher 3.

I do Own both and Do have Witcher 2 installed and ready. Just that it's on my laptop and I usually just end up on my PS4 when I want to game. Something in my head keeps me from playing games on Steam. The reason why I just got Dragon's Dogma on PS4 when could have gotten it cheaper and run at 60fps on my pc.
I am sure if Witcher 1&2 were on PS4 I would be all over them.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Get a Steam Link. That is what I did because I don't feel like playing games at a desk anymore, the sofa is so much more comfy!

Don’t know why but I got obsessed with finding all the Gwent cards, which I finally managed to do yesterday. Huge pain in the ass and only a bronze trophy for it? NOT IMPRESSED!

CD Projekt details the improvements on the OneX version. From their words, I would expect 4k native rendering. :oops:

https://news.xbox.com/2017/11/01/in...ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_11.1.4

What specifically is your development team doing to enhance The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Xbox One X?

With the additional power of the Xbox One X, we are able to deliver The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in 4K, while providing numerous visual tweaks such as higher-quality shadows, ambient occlusion & texture filtering, as well as higher resolution textures, and an all-around performance boost.

it's interesting but pretty far from 60FPS in Novigrad, clearly hitting the CPU limitation

yeah but considering it's just running the untouched Xbox One code in boost mode...an actual optimised 60fps mode using the full Xbox One X hardware may be possible?

Either way if you had a Freesync monitor this wouldn't be too bad (if you didn't mind locked 900p that is)

yeah but considering it's just running the untouched Xbox One code in boost mode...an actual optimised 60fps mode using the full Xbox One X hardware may be possible?

Either way if you had a Freesync monitor this wouldn't be too bad (if you didn't mind locked 900p that is)
Always forget about VRR.
Yea. Definitely a possibility. Will be interested to see how this plays out in the coming years.

it's interesting but pretty far from 60FPS in Novigrad, clearly hitting the CPU limitation
Clearly.

55-60fps in cutscenes
50-60fps in the forest
35-45fps in Novingrad.
Occasional big frame-time spikes (higher than 33ms), not good for the '60fps feel'.

Now we call that 60fps gaming ? More like fluctuating 30-60fps gaming.

I think Nx gamer usual clear judgment has being overwhelmed by his enthusiasm on this video.

Novingrad was always a framerate killer. That and the swamp area, the name of which I've forgotten.

Xbox One X patch notes:
http://thewitcher.com/en/news/view/12581/

The Xbox One X upgrade patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt introduces a number of graphical features and tweaks to the game across two visual fidelity options — 4K Mode and Performance Mode.

In 4K Mode the game will run in 4K resolution (or supersampled on a non-4K display) with stable 30fps gameplay, whereas Performance Mode enables dynamic resolution scaling (from 1080p up to 4K) while targeting 60 fps during gameplay. Both modes support HDR.

Back