Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Are you using a steering wheel?

Yes, although the beta wasn’t bad with the motion controlled steering, I really wanted a steering wheel again and didn’t feel like bothering with the 3rd party solution for my old DFPro. I’ve had a DFPro for 14 years or so? A long time anyway and I thought I deserved a new one ;)

So after reading up on wheel quality and durability I decided to go for the G29 and I’m liking it. I may get the shifter at some point just for the fun of it and for trying out racing with clutch, although for good racing times I will probably stick to the paddles for now as downshifts tended to help with slowing down a teensy bit in the past.

As for being fast, I always have a certain Anthony P ahead of me typically, at the very least. Don’t know if he still reads these forums ;) I rather rushed through the licenses and most of the challenges so far, settling for silver most of the time. I remember back in the GT3 days that I decided at one point to also try to become, as they called it on the forums back then, a ‘gold junkie’, trying to get all golds on all licenses. It took me a lot of time then, but what I learned there always carried over to all future versions of GT and also other racing games and now I more frequently than not get silver on my first or second try, with gold not far behind.

Didn’t get to play for two days now and am already feeling bad about the car awards I have missed as a result ... [emoji848]

Heh I'd always compete with Anthony's times as well back in the day. Haven't been playing GT much lately though. Had some fun with the demo. Will definitely pick it up along with a new wheel sometime down the road though.

Yes, although the beta wasn’t bad with the motion controlled steering, I really wanted a steering wheel again and didn’t feel like bothering with the 3rd party solution for my old DFPro. I’ve had a DFPro for 14 years or so? A long time anyway and I thought I deserved a new one ;)

So after reading up on wheel quality and durability I decided to go for the G29 and I’m liking it. I may get the shifter at some point just for the fun of it and for trying out racing with clutch, although for good racing times I will probably stick to the paddles for now as downshifts tended to help with slowing down a teensy bit in the past.

As for being fast, I always have a certain Anthony P ahead of me typically, at the very least. Don’t know if he still reads these forums ;) I rather rushed through the licenses and most of the challenges so far, settling for silver most of the time. I remember back in the GT3 days that I decided at one point to also try to become, as they called it on the forums back then, a ‘gold junkie’, trying to get all golds on all licenses. It took me a lot of time then, but what I learned there always carried over to all future versions of GT and also other racing games and now I more frequently than not get silver on my first or second try, with gold not far behind.

Didn’t get to play for two days now and am already feeling bad about the car awards I have missed as a result ... [emoji848]
I ve heard that force feedback on GTS lacks feedback from many elements which I find disappointing. How do you find the force feedback on the game?

It feels just fine for me ... I have no problems reading the car.

I ve heard that force feedback on GTS lacks feedback from many elements which I find disappointing. How do you find the force feedback on the game?

Yes, it completely lacks any feedback from the front wheels ... at least in the demo, don't have full game

Yes, it completely lacks any feedback from the front wheels ... at least in the demo, don't have full game
Thats major suckage if true because this is supposed to be a simulator. Some youtube videos say something similar.

Biggest issue seems to be that when front wheel lose traction it takes too long for the game to reconnect them with the asphalt. And some say that some FF cars shouldn’t lose traction to begin with. But I don’t know about that - I am not convinced they were in the exact same car. An FF car with that much power should easily spin its front wheels. Much also depends on the tires ...

And by the way, still enjoying this a lot. :) Has eaten a good few hours already (10-14 in the final game so far? at least ... )

Last edited:
No real complaints from me. While there are a few games I’ve played over the last 20 years that were better, it’s still very good. I know what the car is doing, and the feel of weight transfer is still second to none.

Is it me or does the AI get revenge? I bumped a few guys on my way to 1st place only to have them bump me in the last turn and send me to the rear. They don't seem to drive this aggressively until I bump them. Bastards!

Thrustmaster T-GT is amazing with GTS. Major strength and smothness improvement from the t300. The four large rotary buttons are massive machined aluminium. There is an integrated butt-kicker style transducer which adds a nice feel of the road/suspension and conduct the feel through my rig even though it weighs a ton. Best thing thrustmaster ever made... Except for the ridiculous price. It should have been 200 less to be a true T500 successor.

I'm already level 19, so I should unlock nurburgring soon. Great game overall they nailed every aspect in which they put efforts in... but it really sucks they made it so focussed as an online sport. There isn't much missing to add a good single player campaign, they just didn't bother. If they continue to add challenges and stuff like they did for years on gt6 it's all good.

I am actually struggling to see what is missing from the Single Player campaign other than races being grouped and named. I like this much better, as I have always liked the missions more than the boring AI Cup races in the previous games.

Could be! The AI is certainly not perfect yet but mostly very good. You can really race them and trust them not to drive you off the track!

On another note the custom liveries are proving very popular. I am starting to see some impressive work there too, not just impressive cartoons but real looking recreations of actual people too.

EDIT: finally passed level 20 and can drive Nurburgring whenever. Wow, the first race I picked was already quite amazing looking. And really happy with the behavior of the car (Alfa Mito) too, felt quite genuine! (I’ve driven a similar car there). And such beautiful light! I saved it and am uploading, will add the link later. It was so close to driving the real track on a tourist day I became more careful automatically. Also the AI was battling quite heavy for first and second, and I couldn’t pass them as a result, haha.

I then did a VR evening race and wow, that is such an enormous difference for this track, which is so up and down ... it was really something else. If I didn’t still get queasy from it I would be driving like this all the time!

Last edited:
I am actually struggling to see what is missing from the Single Player campaign other than races being grouped and named. I like this much better, as I have always liked the missions more than the boring AI Cup races in the previous games.
Yeah I must take back my criticism, I was looking for conventional progression starting with carts and ramping up to gr1... but I'm warming up to the way they did it. :LOL:

I was doing everything in order, but I should have progressed all sections together. The missions get so much better later with some intense 30 minutes races. It's just very difficult for me. I finally golded all the driving school, circuit experience all gold except nurburgring. Missions are still plastered all over with bronzes and silvers. That 4 laps of nurburgring is insane, can't even bronze it yet (I always rage quit).

Also I should have tried the arcade section earlier too. With all the races giving progression points, mileage, money, etc.. It's much better than the traditional fake career.

Playing online is great so far, the matchmaking is working fine for me, I mostly qualify and finish around 3 to 6 (when I finish), but never got a pole. Still only D/B rating.

I agree. There is a ton of stuff to do besides online (which I won't touch). There are three campaign modes. I really like the second two. I also like the hook of doing the daily workout. Did everyone see the 9GB optional scenes DL?

Yep! There is a lot of beautiful Sevilla in there which I particularly love as I’ve been there several times, my mother retired near there.

My first arcade race on the Ring after I got to level 21 and showing off some downloaded decals.

Back