Nvidia Pascal Announcement

There's literally zero evidence suggesting that to be the case.

In fact the original source to this statement seems to have made it up out of thin air. Also, AMD has denied it.

I still don't know why AMD can't make any money out of GPUs year every year...

I still don't know why AMD can't make any money out of GPUs year every year...
All of those chips they sell to miners gotta make them a buck or two.

Board vendors are unhappy though; all those GPUs glowing red-hot 24/7 are burning up cards in short order; they probably shouldn't put such crappy fans on high-end boards that the bearings conk out after only a year or so, but there we are. Read somewhere that at least one board vendor is dropping factory warranty; undoubtedly due to coin miners returning too many cards.

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti pops up in webshops - prices listed and all cards clocked similar
It seems that a German and three Spanish websites show three ASUS cards with a variety in cooling models like STRIX and a new 'Turbo' single blower style product. Prices here range from 718, 733 and 746 euros (which obviously is an unrealistic final price).
Here the big news now seems confirmed, they all run at a 1607MHz base clock with a 1683MHz turbo clock. That means that the AIB partners have not been allowed to push performance forwards and factory tweak the cards any higher as rumored. Likely as the card will quite easily beat the GTX 1080 and Nvidia would not like to canalize that product range. I am however 99.99% certain that you can tweak the cards manually with software like afterburner.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gt...ces-listed-and-all-cards-clocked-similar.html

Now that 1070 Ti is out the door, it looks like the Titan is getting an early update.

I'm thinking this new Titan will still use GP102 based on two things:

• It feels too early for Volta (i.e. GV102). That old SK Hynix press release that mentioned a 384-bit GDDR6 card coming in early 2018.
  • "Collectors Edition" feels like it'll include more novelty (e.g. RGB lighting) than anything else. You need novelties to sell your third GP102-based Titan, but Volta needs no novelties to sell.
So it feels like this might include 12 Gbps GDDR5X and a core clock bump (and maybe 24GB of VRAM), but not much else.

"Collectors Edition" feels like it'll include more novelty (e.g. RGB lighting) than anything else. You need novelties to sell your third GP102-based Titan, but Volta needs no novelties to sell.

So it feels like this might include 12 Gbps GDDR5X and a core clock bump (and maybe 24GB of VRAM), but not much else.
Knowing Nvidia, it's this.

What are the chances these are the full dies of GP100? Even Quadro GP100 was using the cut down chip, which begs the question, where are the full dies going?

There are no full dies in the Tesla lineup, if you mean they harvest the complete dies and then disable them, then yes I can see that as a possibility. But if the recent release of 1070Ti is anything to go by, NVIDIA could use these full dies in a new Titan lineup.

Sorry to dampen excitement but frame by frame they do show briefly Collectors Edition; look from beginning 11s onwards.
Final last squeeze of cash before sometime early next year for the GV102 IMO.

One aspect I am curious about, I do wonder if the gap between GV104 and GV102 Titan will be much less this time even relative to Pascal, does seem to be lining up that way *shrug*.

Sorry to dampen excitement but frame by frame they do show briefly Collectors Edition; look from beginning 11s onwards.
Yes, it was mentioned in the post by @ImSpartacus who posted the video. Highly likely another cash grab for the nth iteration of GP102.

"Collectors Edition" feels like it'll include more novelty (e.g. RGB lighting) than anything else. You need novelties to sell your third GP102-based Titan, but Volta needs no novelties to sell.

4K UHD Netflix content on NVIDIA GPUs (update) -- MS Pulls Free HEVC Support

Nvidia updated its support pages with an update on 4K UHD Netflix content playback in relation to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Below the fold an overview of options, necessities. Something Nvidia notes, HEVC codec is no longer free. Microsoft requires you to purchase a license.
Please note. If you are using a fresh install of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you may need to go to the Windows store to purchase the HEVC codec to playback Netflix 4K/HDR content. Microsoft no longer provides this for free.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/4k...gpus-(update)-ms-pulls-free-hevc-support.html

pic_disp.php

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/a...-Workstation-GPU-Performance-1116/#Conclusion

Back