AMD RyZen CPU Architecture for 2017

I wonder why ASUS (my favourite laptop brand) does not seem to be one of the early adopters for their Zenbook line, since they were with Ryzen "non-mobile" with the ROG laptop.

Slide footnotes:

And a Raven Ridge high-quality x-ray, it's 209.78mm^2:

40x4iIi.jpg

From TechReport, here's a slide comparing 2700U to a Kaby Lake 7500U + Geforce 950M

xswWlwJ.png

Its looking good but I need to see actually independent measurable benchmarks on energy performance in real devices. November 2nd cannot come soon enough.

I have a feeling that the Zen2 CCX will have 8 cores. I'm speaking this after the Carnard PC leak for Zen2 Epyc.

I have a feeling that the Zen2 CCX will have 8 cores. I'm speaking this after the Carnard PC leak for Zen2 Epyc.
Unlikely, either 4 or 6 core CCX's and possibly more than 2 CCXs per chip, regardless if the supposed leak has any credibility

Unlikely, either 4 or 6 core CCX's and possibly more than 2 CCXs per chip, regardless if the supposed leak has any credibility

Sam rarely leaks anything he's not really confident in. And he was the first to publish Ryzen benchmarks—that I know of.

Sam rarely leaks anything he's not really confident in. And he was the first to publish Ryzen benchmarks—that I know of.
The "5GHz Zen" wasn't worth anyones confidence, even though he claims it's true it's so far from reality at least I can't just take his word for it

Transistor density has gone up FOUR times. sRAM cell is the smaller on the 7nm market and power reduction is awesome.

Two 8-core Zen CCX2 with double the cache(thanks to higher sRAM density) gives us 64MB of L3 cache in a 16-core Ryzen. Four of those Ryzen dies gives us the 256MB of L3 cache is leaked for EPYC by CPChardware.

Some results of HP Envy x360 with R5 2500U: http://apusilicon.com/hp-envy-x360-w-ryzen-first-impressions/

~600 Points in MT-Test are extremely good.

Cinebench is notoriously Zen-friendly, but that's very good indeed, close to a desktop Ivy Bridge—possibly better than some Ivy i5s. Beating Iris Pro in graphics is quite nice too. I honestly didn't expect that much of a leap in graphics, and I wonder why AMD didn't announce more than marginal improvements on that front. Perhaps we ought to wait for more reviews to verify those results, but they do seem very promising.

Back