GAF implodes after owner Evilore is accused of sexual assault

I remember the ign boards were mega huge in the early 00’ , so huge that ign had the genius idea to lock them behind a subscription and then they declined.

Err? while Neogaf was really popular in the gaming sphere, somehow I extremely doubt that (and a cursory google about worlds biggest message boards doesn't seem to back it up either, although I cant find anything I would consider proof).

Among general topic gaming forums I cant really think of one (that was?) bigger, except for reddit gaming subforums in general which is much bigger but not the same thing (basically every game and or gaming topic gets it's own reddit, so combined I'm sure they are massive).

Edit: I did find one list that had Neogaf 21st biggest forum. which is still insanely massive. Some other lists I didn't see Neogaf at all.

Even if he didn't sell Evilore must have still stacked up millions in profit over the years.
I probably google fu'd poor info a while back. You're probably right that 5 seems too high on that list.

Speaking of forum trends ... (I feel dirty linking to anything over there ...) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456455
OMG! Why aren't we tracking these sorts of stats for B3D? How the hell are we supposed to compete? Suddenly I feel our forum is small and worthless and need to join an epic forum with loads more people because it's obviously better because everybody else is there instead of here. I bet our posts per minute is the laughing stock of the Interwebs, barely even matching a moderately popular needlecraft forum average. We're so lame. Life has become unbearable. :(

OMG! Why aren't we tracking these sorts of stats for B3D? How the hell are we supposed to compete? Suddenly I feel our forum is small and worthless and need to join an epic forum with loads more people because it's obviously better because everybody else is there instead of here. I bet our posts per minute is the laughing stock of the Interwebs, barely even matching a moderately popular needlecraft forum average. We're so lame. Life has become unbearable. :(

No need to worry. Just compare B3D to WTF to feel better about the PPM and Unique Users. :LOL:

Though WTF is an entirely different realm and more of a guilty pleasure and stress relief.

Forum wars used to be hilarious. The first one that I remember was gaming age versus teamxbox forums (with teamxbox fatal mistake being that they were excited about everything Xbox related and this offended the gaming age members) , then the way funnier opa age versus gaming age/neogaf, where neogaf members looked like complete buffoons when facing the vulgarity and wit of opa age members. This one is just pathetic and sad. I actually kind of want that evilore guy to win, because the other side seems to me like hypocritical vultures.

Forum wars used to be hilarious. The first one that I remember was gaming age versus teamxbox forums (with teamxbox fatal mistake being that they were excited about everything Xbox related and this offended the gaming age members) , then the way funnier opa age versus gaming age/neogaf, where neogaf members looked like complete buffoons when facing the vulgarity and wit of opa age members. This one is just pathetic and sad. I actually kind of want that evilore guy to win, because the other side seems to me like hypocritical vultures.
OK, I bite. Ugh.

What hypocrisy ?

I don't think this kind of attitude is necessary. Your the one who seems to be a forum warrior

I don't think this kind of attitude is necessary. Your the one who seems to be a forum warrior
Attitude about what and towards whom exactly ? These are simply facts, you were offended because ??? Forum warrior for whom ? I am not a member of either neogaf or ResetEra and dislike both.

Attitude about what and towards whom exactly ? These are simply facts, you were offended because ??? Forum warrior for whom ? I am not a member of either neogaf or ResetEra and dislike both.

You are like a forum warrior ronin. You just haven't found a like minded forum to call home. One that shares your hate for all things Neogaf and it's derivatives.

LOL. jj

You literally just said you hope "that evillore guy wins because of 'the other side seems like hypocritical vultures'"

My guess is, you don't know anyone who is present at GAF or anyone who is present at ResetEra to even make any comments in general.

I certainly don’t see the point in trivializing or comparing NeoGAF’s sundering with the levity of past inter-forum squabbles.

You literally just said you hope "that evillore guy wins because of 'the other side seems like hypocritical vultures'"

My guess is, you don't know anyone who is present at GAF or anyone who is present at ResetEra to even make any comments in general.
The people that were neogaf mods and ceased the opportunity to backstab evilore seem like vultures to me. Do t need to know anyone to see what type of behavior we have in this situation.

You are like a forum warrior ronin. You just haven't found a like minded forum to call home. One that shares your hate for all things Neogaf and it's derivatives.

LOL. jj
Neogaf fanboys....now I have seen it all on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only handle the time-wasting required to keep up with a small forum like this one. GAF always seemed like a whirlwind of shit to me.

Back