Marketing Muscles and Scandals *Hyperboles*

Digidi

Regular
But Ryan did get some info: it's currently disabled.
That statemant was a view month ago. I wish tehere were investigations like in the Volkswagen Diesel scandal. Every Day you get an update about the scandel. Realtime News Ticker always on Top of the News side ;)

I wonder where did the Vega custom cards go?
Because early September was promised and yet its late October now and there's no custom cards in sight anywhere.
AMD?
May be to Apple for the new iMac Pro?
Apple can be pretty demanding on suppliers.

That statemant was a view month ago. I wish tehere were investigations like in the Volkswagen Diesel scandal. Every Day you get an update about the scandel. Realtime News Ticker always on Top of the News side ;)
It's not exactly a scandal.
May be to Apple for the new iMac Pro?
Apple can be pretty demanding on suppliers.
I don't think that can eat so much chips for custom cards to be delayed repeatedly.

I think the point was about market-volume, not market-ing.

Apple can move huge volumes of everything, even if it's literal shit packed in neatly decorated boxes.
Oh please. This is pure claptrap. Nobody's going to buy a 5k computer because of marketing. It's a pro box for people with specific needs.

Besides, apple makes good stuff. That's why they're successful. But that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Apple can move huge volumes of everything, even if it's literal shit packed in neatly decorated boxes.
Quite an unstoppable marketing machine.

Apple does have failed products in their portfolio, like the trash can Mac Pro and the iphone 5C.
They have a magnificent marketing machine, but if the product is simply bad (5C) or unpractical+overpriced (trashcan mac pro), then it won't sell and it won't be iterated upon.

Not saying the imac pro will be a sales failure, just that the brand isn't as holy as some might think. If it's hard enough to move a significant number of ~$1500 laptops, it's even harder to sell $5000 AiOs.

Quite an unstoppable marketing machine.
Yet in many OS marketshare meters Linux has been actually gaining on macOS lately IIRC, despite no marketing at all (to speak of anyway), and neither is really catching Windows

Regardless of what rendition of Linux it is, even Chrome OS doesn't really get "any" advertising, not when compared to MacOS-devices anyway
(or maybe it's different in the US and elsewhere in the world, but personally I can't remember ever seeing a single advert for ChromeOS-devices in Finland for example)

It's not a hyperbole. I mean it in a context. If you steel mony from the bank it doesn't matter if it's 100 dollar or 1 billion dollars. Both is steeling money and the same crime. Only the amount of punishment is different.
Nobody stole anything.

On one hand, you have a company that deliberately emitted much more toxins than they claimed they did.

On the other, you have a feature that is not ready yet that probably has an average performance impact of a few percent at best.

Comparing the latter to the former cheapens the former, make you sound like a whiny entitled brat and doesn’t help you make your case in any way.

Also Volkswagen is a few percentage away from there goal. Don't believe that the toxins where so much to high, otherwise a software update won't solve it.

And also how many toxins would Workstation with Vega produce when they can not use this efficient feature, also other features with power management is also off?

It is not as big as Volkswagen but for me it is the same type of scandal.

Back