Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

By the way, I got my PSVR unit back from the Sony repair center. Works great again. I think it works better now actually, but this might have something to do with the recent PSVR 3.5 firmware update. The rotational drifting which plagued just about every game is pretty much gone now.

perhaps because you’ve never experienced the squishy softness of the glowing move orb?

perhaps because you’ve never experienced the squishy softness of the glowing move orb?

But he still moves his arms side to side and though the tip may be soft the base of the gun accessory doesn't seem squishy. Also it's more like he'll knock the monitor over or off the desk when doing the side to side move, than it is to penetrate the monitor with the squishy softness glowing orb.

Finally! Who's making it? We thought it was a shoe-in before Sony Liverpool closed. It should be better gameplay as well at 90/120 fps.

No idea who made the Omega Collection, but I'm assuming it's the same guys? Certainly not Liverpool. They were out of the game long before the Omega Collection was a thing, weren't they.

Yeah, it's a patch to the existing reimagining or whatever they are. Not a new Wipeout but it doesn't need to be to be Wipeout VR!

I think that's a good thing. If there's one thing VR games usually don't do it's providing a decent return of investment. The Omega Collection is huge.

Played the Not-a-Hero freebie Capcom released for Resident Evil 7 yesterday. It was quite good. Quite lengthy as well (took me 2 hours to finish) Capcom even introduced new versions of the Molded creatures and a brand new boss.

for me this year (or last year should i say now) no game could beat the immersion PSVR brought.
games may look simplier, uglier, jagged etc..
But earlier today, while playing doom VFR, during a boss fight, a big badass monster jumped out of nowhere right in front of me, and it made me jump on my couch.
i played a 2h session of GTS, it a look uglier than the standard game and yet it's so much more enjoyable in VR.

i really can't wait for PSVR 2 with PS5.

for me this year (or last year should i say now) no game could beat the immersion PSVR brought.
games may look simplier, uglier, jagged etc..
But earlier today, while playing doom VFR, during a boss fight, a big badass monster jumped out of nowhere right in front of me, and it made me jump on my couch.
i played a 2h session of GTS, it a look uglier than the standard game and yet it's so much more enjoyable in VR.

i really can't wait for PSVR 2 with PS5.

I agree ... no matter how good some of the games like Lost Legacy (I think for games I played it would rank in the top 3 with GT Sport and HZD) look in 2D, and no matter how jagged some games can look in VR (but some also look really smooth, like Playroom VR etc), stepping into a world that is all around you in all dimensions is just a whole new level. It’s like a really good set of stereo speakers make music sound great, but even a relatively cheap surround set easily beats it for watching a movie.

And ironically for me it’s some of the games that you can play in both VR and 2D that make this point really strongly, like Bound for instance.

Took the plunge and got RE7 on a sale for 14.99. Omg, its really visceral. I actually moaned instinctively when
I was stabbed and got my hand sawed off.
. Amazing experience so far and VR contributes so much to it!

It's good to see some people still manage to maintain optimism for VR and still enjoy it. Sales are sluggish for the medium, however. 1 million in 3 months (Oct. - Feb). Next 1 million in 9 months and only with the help of Black Friday (massive increase in sales at that point due to BF sales of PSVR + Skyrim, compared to prior months). Enough that it actually charted on Amazon again.

Hopefully momentum for it continued into Dec., but if Amazon is anything to go by, probably not. Interestingly though, Oculus Rift continues to chart.

Regards,
SB

Back