Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they offer bandwidth unlimited for $50 more a month?

Don't they offer bandwidth unlimited for $50 more a month?

Well, that would be cheaper than going 250 GB over the limit (10 USD per 50 GB). However, I'm only paying ~40 USD (100/5 service) for it. That would over double my internet costs.

Trust me, I'm tempted. It's annoying to have to pay attention to what I watch and how much I watch. OTOH, it gives me an excuse to go outside. Did you know that when you go outside there's no ceiling?!?!?! And sometimes, there's a really bright light way up higher than you can reach, but at other times it's a really dim light up there accompanied by many many smaller lights. It's amazing! :D

Regards,
SB

Can someone make a device that lets me control people in my house? :p
whip1.jpg

Wow, dumbest Windows feature/bug I stumbled on in quite a while:

Disable scrolling with mouse wheel in inactive windows (which is inconvenient at times), and you can't scroll the start menu without clicking somewhere inside it first. Whattafuck!

Somehow it counts as its own window apparently. Such bullshit. Especially since most of the start menu is, you know, buttons, and most of them aren't the one you wanted to click.

Wow, dumbest Windows feature/bug I stumbled on in quite a while:

Disable scrolling with mouse wheel in inactive windows (which is inconvenient at times), and you can't scroll the start menu without clicking somewhere inside it first. Whattafuck!

Somehow it counts as its own window apparently. Such bullshit. Especially since most of the start menu is, you know, buttons, and most of them aren't the one you wanted to click.
This is since the first version of Windows 10... With Nadella, bloatware apps minimal GUI updates are more important than baseline features and bugfixes..

Personally, if devs won't prioritise producing working software, Government should legislate. Perhaps a hard one to get right, but no other product is allowed to be sold in a defective state, so I'm not sure how software can be allowed to not only be sold defective but also left like that. Obviously it is an infinitely more complex product than others so bugs are unavoidable, but the fact they don't get addressed leaves the consumers as powerless victims often enough, even on stupidly expensive professional applications. The free market isn't able to regulate this problem because no-one's offering a 'bug-free' alternative product.

Last edited:
Hm, well, not sure who to blame this on, AMD or Microsoft, but the latest catalyst driver screwed up World of Warcraft in fullscreen mode. If you alt-tab out of the game more than 1 time (or sometimes even just 1 time), the whole OS becomes just about unusable. The game still seemingly has focus (in-game mouse pointer even on windows desktop), and no desktop windows or widgets react to mouse clicks. Ctrl-alt-del works to start task manager (but you can't do anything in/with it), and windows-R works to start stuff as well, as long as one does not click anywhere before typing the command.

To quit WoW, one has to log out of the OS since alt-f4 doesn't work and I can't use task manager to kill it... *sigh*

Anyways, I always play windowed anyway. Was just checking out in-game performance in crossfire mode. Fullscreen is so impractical when switching back and forth between game and browser and so on (like while queuing for a dungeon or such.)

Hm, well, not sure who to blame this on, AMD or Microsoft, but the latest catalyst driver screwed up World of Warcraft in fullscreen mode. If you alt-tab out of the game more than 1 time (or sometimes even just 1 time), the whole OS becomes just about unusable. The game still seemingly has focus (in-game mouse pointer even on windows desktop), and no desktop windows or widgets react to mouse clicks. Ctrl-alt-del works to start task manager (but you can't do anything in/with it), and windows-R works to start stuff as well, as long as one does not click anywhere before typing the command.

To quit WoW, one has to log out of the OS since alt-f4 doesn't work and I can't use task manager to kill it... *sigh*

Anyways, I always play windowed anyway. Was just checking out in-game performance in crossfire mode. Fullscreen is so impractical when switching back and forth between game and browser and so on (like while queuing for a dungeon or such.)
Try to "disable the fullscreen optimizations" in the executable properties.

Btw - what in-game overlay is it that people use that shows load on CPU cores, GPU, temperatures and so on floating on top of everything else?

Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back